Lost Boys Mafia - The Undead Live

Pac

Awesome game, Pac.

CTM, you fought the good fight, but I was glad you were in the position and not me. I was in that in the other game and it's so exhausting and disheartening, fighting as a townie and 100% sure the other player is scum but townies won't listen.

Sharrow, I made it to endgame too. LOL. The game was filled with easy lynches that survived.

Funny thing was, if you remember Pac's halting a vote and later on announcing that we should check our PMs? That was because of me. I was converted but never checked my PM. So I ended up saying that Hess should stake Sharrow and investigate DPR, who had been converted.

LOL I was wondering WTF that was about. JiF made me laugh about it in game cause I was thinking the same thing.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome game Pac, on many fronts.

I didn't want to say where I was going this morning because with Ape and CTM already saying they had to do stuff, no one was going to buy it. But, this is where we were:

IMG_0064.jpg

This was Lach's first visit to the aquarium - it was awesome.

Anyway, that's why I had to lay that vote down, and I'm really glad it didn't blow up on me.

I'll be back with game observations in a bit...

part of me was hoping Ape was the lynch today...

I wanted to see if scum would shoot ctm and if smash, upon seeing the apes alignment, would pull a 180 and protect CTM lol.. that could have made for an epic ending.

many highlights this game for me:

- Crusher going from town thief to Faggot Finder and refusing to relent. (kinda hoped he would have stuck around to steal that stake)

- fun watching how CTM was going to handle his role

- Ape being all over the place (and mostly incorrect) before getting converted late in the game

- Brett and Hess going radio silent in their chat for a week because they didn't trust each other

- Sharrow shooting down DPRs suggestions in the scum chat and telling him he doesn't trust him to win the game

- JiF acting like a complete spaz to start the game which ultimately ruined his credibility.

- 2 words "zi trap"... there wasn't a friggin trap LOL...

- Vic and Sharrow harmlessly talking about food but people using that as a game mechanic that pointed to their guilt

on and on and on...

Role PM's:

SCUM

VIC- You are Max (CL- 1 time Vest), the oldest living Vampire in Santa Carla. You and your protege David (Sharrow) have devised a diabolical scheme to either convert or kill the entire population. Each day/night cycle, your team can PM the name of a victim to “bite”. Once bitten, that player will join the ranks of the undead and work with you to in destroying the city. In the event you die, David will take your place as the CL.

Sharrow - You are David (Protege of Max who is the CL). You and Max have devised a diabolical scheme to either convert or kill the entire population. Each day/night cycle your team can PM the name of a victim to “bite”. Once bitten, that player will join the ranks of the undead and work with you to in destroying the city. In the event Max dies, you will take over as CL. If you die, your power passes to any other living team member.

Beginning night 3 your team will be able to choose whether to bite or kill your enemy.

Masons:

Brett - You are Alan Frog (mason). You and your brother Edgar KNOW this place is infested with nasty bloodsuckers. You and Edgar have the ability to strategize off thread in your own private chat. If you are harmed your brother will remain alive to battle the undead.

Hess - You are Edgar Frog (mason). You and your brother Edgar KNOW this place is infested with nasty bloodsuckers. You and Edgar have the ability to strategize off thread in your own private chat. If you are harmed your brother will remain alive to battle the undead.

Town:

Ape - You are Sam (cop) You are new to Santa Clara and have noticed some strange things going on. You've heard some rumors about Vampires but are skeptical to say the least. Each night you can investigate a player to see if they're human or the undead.

You've also been offered a deal from your new landlord... If you are able to get at least 2 separate people in the game to refer to you as an “internet tough guy” you will earn a 1 time vest. You CANNOT reveal in any way shape or form what you are trying to do or what it will earn you.

You don't have to try for the deal, it's out there as a perk. If you don't choose to go for it, play the game as a normal cop.

Smash - You are Grandpa (Doc). Even though you don't let on, you know there is something to these rumors about Vampires infesting the area. Each night you can choose 1 player to protect from the evil bloodsuckers.

Crush – You are Star (Town Thief). Each night you can choose a player to attempt to steal from. If they are carrying a weapon, you can either choose to keep it for yourself, destroy it, or pass to another player.

CTM – You are Nanook (Townie Pet). You are a mangy mutt but loyal to your masters. Each night you can fetch a stake and pass it on to a player of your choice. The player you pass it to can choose to use or discard it. You CANNOT pass the stake to yourself.

Despite the fact you smell and are kind of disgusting, you are fiercely loyal and quite fast. The first night/day someone tries to harm you, you can outrun them and escape.

townies:

Townie - You are a resident of Santa Carla (townie). You hear the rumors of vampires everywhere and are starting to believe they're real. Each day you and your fellow residents can band together to stake one player and discover if they were human, or a member of the undead.

Happy hunting

- Sharrow shooting down DPRs suggestions in the scum chat and telling him he doesn't trust him to win the game

- 2 words "zi trap"... there wasn't a friggin trap LOL...

- Vic and Sharrow harmlessly talking about food but people using that as a game mechanic that pointed to their guilt

on and on and on...

First of all, I couldn't believe the turtle burger thing almost got us killed. And it was really demoralizing when it resulted in me and Vic with competing trains on day 2.

I didn't trust the Ape to win either. They're pretty creative players as scum. I thought they were going to be too creative. It worked really well for DPR though, and they both helped bring it home.

As for zi trap, I had no intention of lynching Smash there, so I didn't get caught in anything. Actually, I used the opportunity to make myself look more townish. Imo, I avoided being killed 6 times after that in part because it allowed me to look like I was actually trying.

Why didn't you put Michael in the game, Pac?

Figured there wasn't a need.. I had Nanook, Grandpa, the Frog bros, Star, and Sam.. I only used characters for power roles and didn't want to give them another one. Michael would have been weird as roleless townie when all others just said Santa Clara resident. I really put it together as I was writing the role PM's (about an hour or so).

Sorry was Michael your boyhood crush?

Sharrow and Vic deciding to create a vampire harem was a great idea, and one I am sad that didn't happen - it would have been cool.

Conversion games are always gut wrenchers, so it's fun to watch everybody distrust each other and to prey on that.

Hated to see Crusher get lynched as the thief. With CTM's early reveal, that would have been cool to see.

By the end of the game, it was amazing how many players actually had their sh*t together - even players who missed, per say, were making really valid points, and it squeezed any option of spinning bullsh*t out of the picture. This wound up streamlining everybody's play, and made things very intense for the last few days, which is awesome.

SMC played it pretty much flawlessly, and Ape came in at the end and won it.

Last, their were 56 guests viewing the thread this morning around 6. What the hell is that all about?

In order of conversion DPR, SMC, Ape, and JC rejoiced... Despite the town having every opportunity the last couple weeks to destroy them they had fought back and taken over....

Santa Carla is now VAMP TOWN USA...

VAMPS WIN!!!!!!!! THEY WIN!!!!!!!!!

Ya dont say? LMFAO. Nobody listens to the JiF.

I learned a couple of things this game. The most important thing is that when JC makes sense to me, he's scum. I disagreed with him up until his conversion. Then everything he said sounded good. Sneaky bastard....

We've had some great games this mini mafia season.

CTM, I know the frustration, but Smash didn't necessarily make the wrong move based on how the game played out. You were just put into a bad position because anything you did by end game seemed suspicious.

Take the gut feelings aside, the evidence tilted to you as scum. That was one the reasons why we took the chance of trying to stake you. We thought there was a chance you had a vest, but even if it failed it was still your word vs. Ape's and you won't have any proof to back you up.

We debated what Ape should say, whether to claim he got the stake or not. And the best was what he did--claim he never got it and say you breadcrumbed a frame job on Ape, which the evidence supported. Of course, you hadn't tried to frame Ape, but it ended up looking like that. So that became easier for the other vamps to cast doubt on you.

Yeah I don't think Smash played a bad game at all. I almost chose CTM too until SMC and DPR started tagging along...but it was too late. And I do think Chan made a mistake not giving the stake to Smash. I woulda been pissed too. Sometimes we let our emotions get in the way. This all goes with the territory of conversions. Whatevs. Vamps won fair and square, I killed AVM which was a poor decision and we made some dumb town on town lynches.

Yea it was ridiculous to get "caught" for a total non game related comment. Oh well I had a good run last year but not doing so great this year.

I know when you are Scum. This wasn't the first time. You are part of small group.I actually read well.... Probably never again after this.post, lol

I.played horrible early. Sorry. I was legit with being bothered by loss of pet. vic was not blind squirrel, but an attentive townie would have gotten sharrows alignment too.... I played very dumb. Turns out that competing train was pretty important though...

Glad I got converted. Gave me a shot at redemption. I ruin ctm.

Setup was great. Sharrow is a bitch. I played my part as Scum perfectly, even after they chose to shoot ctm without me. Lol

We've had some great games this mini mafia season.

CTM, I know the frustration, but Smash didn't necessarily make the wrong move based on how the game played out. You were just put into a bad position because anything you did by end game seemed suspicious.

Take the gut feelings aside, the evidence tilted to you as scum. That was one the reasons why we took the chance of trying to stake you. We thought there was a chance you had a vest, but even if it failed it was still your word vs. Ape's and you won't have any proof to back you up.

We debated what Ape should say, whether to claim he got the stake or not. And the best was what he did--claim he never got it and say you breadcrumbed a frame job on Ape, which the evidence supported. Of course, you hadn't tried to frame Ape, but it ended up looking like that. So that became easier for the other vamps to cast doubt on you.

You deserve a lot of credit for helping me see the frame breadcrumbs btw. I caught sh*t this morning for stalling while rereading before epcot. Drunk now and all good fun times

When he started listening to you he came off scummy. Was enough to keep stake out of hess hands. Not saying you were wrong , saying hess lost his sh*t when arguing with himself listening to you

When he started arguing with me, it should have confirmed Hess as town to the entire game. Why would I sit there feeding posts to the game via hess if hess was converted? and my posting style was very different, he couldn't have been wifoming it.

Archived