The 16th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft

Vudu

The Jets will have a difficult decision to make here, if both Courtney Upshaw OLB from Alabama, and Alshon Jeffrey freak WR from South Carolina (Dez Bryant comparable) are availabe, do you give Rex the possible edge rusher he needs or do you try and maximize Sanchez with a big play speed, and size freak to work with, which will open things up for everyone else, whether it be Holmes, Kerley, or Keller.

The Jets will have a difficult decision to make here, if both Courtney Upshaw OLB from Alabama, and Alshon Jeffrey freak WR from South Carolina (Dez Bryant comparable) are availabe, do you give Rex the possible edge rusher he needs or do you try and maximize Sanchez with a big play speed, and size freak to work with, which will open things up for everyone else, whether it be Holmes, Kerley, or Keller.

Rusher. We can survive with Holmes and Kerley. If plax is back or some one else even better.

I'm tired of this oh well let's keep surrounding sanchez with boatloads of talent to make up for his inability to play QB and just checkdown to his RB or TE 80%. Sometimes a good QB can make the players around him better. We've invested a lot of draft picks into our offense, and yet our offense is still bottom of the pack. What makes you think Alshon Jeffrey will somehow fix that?

Give me Upshaw. Kids a beast.

Is what we currently have according to ESPN Stats and info

If the Giants win we will pick 16th, but if the Cowboys win we will pick 15th, the tie breaking procedure for the draft if strength of schedule, ours was .500, the Giants is .523 if they lose this will improve, so we would pick ahead of them, but if the Cowboys lose there SOS is .464 right now that will improve with a loss, but not enough to jump ours. So if your rooting from just a draft pick upgrade root for the Cowboys to win tonight it will improve our draft position by 1 pick.

I'm tired of this oh well let's keep surrounding sanchez with boatloads of talent to make up for his inability to play QB and just checkdown to his RB or TE 80%. Sometimes a good QB can make the players around him better. We've invested a lot of draft picks into our offense, and yet our offense is still bottom of the pack. What makes you think Alshon Jeffrey will somehow fix that?

That is in Schotty's system, if they bring in a O-Coordinator who has a down field passing philosophy IE: GB, you need speed, at the position, and right now we have ZERO speed. If we bring in another conservative offensive coach then yea its a no brainer Upshaw is the pick. Rex might have to give the pick to the new coordinator to get him to come here so offense is not out of the question. Also when was the last time the Jets took a skill offensive player IE WR, RB, or TE in the first round? Keller was a late 1st 30th, so he was a tweener 1st, 2nd, guy depending on the scout, and Mark was still at USC at the time. The last time the Jets took a consensus 1st round talent at a Offensive skill position excluding QB was 2001 with Santana Moss that's a long F'N time.

If its me and we keep Sanchez I address the ROT, and Safety through Free agency, retain Thomas, Westerman, and Maybin, and draft Jeffrey in the 1st, and Nick Toon in the 2nd, try and and get a 2nd 3rd round pick and draft the fastest RB, I mean fast, available plus the future starting Safety (the best S in the draft has a mid 2nd round grade its a horrible draft for safetys no need to reach for something that is not there). If the Jets are gonna live and die with Mark, then F'it go all in with it.

WR Holmes

WR Jeffrey

WR Kerley

WR Toon

TE Keller

TE Cumberland when we go 2 TE sets

There will be no excuses for him with this group, there should be plenty of seperation, and open WR's

If Mark, and Rex are gonna go down F'it go down in flames its the New York Jets way!

If its me and we keep Sanchez I address the ROT, and Safety through Free agency, retain Thomas, Westerman, and Maybin, and draft Jeffrey in the 1st, and Nick Toon in the 2nd, try and and get a 2nd 3rd round pick and draft the fastest RB, I mean fast, available plus the future starting Safety (the best S in the draft has a mid 2nd round grade its a horrible draft for safetys no need to reach for something that is not there). If the Jets are gonna live and die with Mark, then F'it go all in with it.

WR Holmes

WR Jeffrey

WR Kerley

WR Toon

TE Keller

There will be no excuses for him with this group, there should be plenty of seperation, and open WR's

If Mark, and Rex are gonna go down F'it go down in flames its the New York Jets way!

So you want the Jets to draft WR, WR in the first two rounds? Really? Are you Matt Millen or the ghost of Al Davis?

Nick Perry and Vimny Curry are possible...both are better pass rushers than Upshaw....Dontari Poe if he gives a sick workout...Kendall Wright is something like a young Holmes...OL DeCastro or Glenn....Mark Barron, who I'd love to grab in a Keller-esque move back into the late 1st....yeah...yeah....

So you want the Jets to draft WR, WR in the first two rounds? Really? Are you Matt Millen or the ghost of Al Davis?

No I watch the NFL every week, and realize its a PASSING league, and to do that you need people who can get open, even if Mark sucks, the future would be fine everywhere but QB with, Jeffrey, Toon, and Kerley, 3 years from now.

Packers have Jennings, Nelson, Jones, and Finley

Saints have Colston, Meachem, Henderson, Sproles, and Graham

Patriots have Hernandez, Gronkowski, and Welker

Lions have Calvin, Pettigrew, Titus Young, Best, and Burleson

Giants have Nicks, Bradshaw, Cruz, and Manningham

Steelers have Wallace, Ward, Sanders, and Brown

Ravens have Rice, Boldin, the rookie from Maryland, and Dickson

Texans have Foster, Johnson, Daniels, Walters, and Jones

Cowboys have Bryant, Austin, Witten, and #81 forget his name

Eagles have McCoy, Celek, Maclin, and DJack

Bengals have Gresham, Green, and Simpson

These are how teams are constucting offenses around the league, speed and size from the WR, TE, and RB position. We have 1 player who is compareble to any of these and he quit on the team today so he is even a question mark, you can't win without playmakers, and right now with Holmes' situation we have exactly ZERO play makers, if we make Holmes happy we still nly have 1, and that is easily taken away if you only have 1.

Also its just an idea, thinking out loud WTF idea.

No I watch the NFL every week, and realize its a PASSING league, and to do that you need people who can get open, even if Mark sucks, the future would be fine everywhere but QB with, Jeffrey, Toon, and Kerley, 3 years from now.

Packers have Jennings, Nelson, Jones, and Finley

Saints have Colston, Meachem, Henderson, Sproles, and Graham

Patriots have Hernandez, Gronkowski, and Welker

Lions have Calvin, Pettigrew, Titus Young, Best, and Burleson

Giants have Nicks, Bradshaw, Cruz, and Manningham

Steelers have Wallace, Ward, Sanders, and Brown

Ravens have Rice, Boldin, the rookie from Maryland, and Dickson

Texans have Foster, Johnson, Daniels, Walters, and Jones

Cowboys have Bryant, Austin, Witten, and #81 forget his name

Eagles have McCoy, Celek, Maclin, and DJack

Bengals have Gresham, Green, and Simpson

These are how teams are constucting offenses around the league, speed and size from the WR, TE, and RB position. We have 1 player who is compareble to any of these and he quit on the team today so he is even a question mark, you can't win without playmakers, and right now with Holmes' situation we have exactly ZERO play makers, if we make Holmes happy we still nly have 1, and that is easily taken away if you only have 1.

Also its just an idea, thinking out loud WTF idea.

If you can't protect the QB and open up running lanes, I don't care who your playmakers are.

And the defense needs retooling too. Big time.

Yes. He's a nice, scrappy player. He's James Laurinitis. He's a guy you get in the 4th round. EAD

Funny, this guy is a junior that most think goes top 15

Bart Scott is done...we need youth and a 1st round player that won't bust

I like safe picks in the 1st round

Funny, this guy is a junior that most think goes top 15

Bart Scott is done...we need youth and a 1st round player that won't bust

I like safe picks in the 1st round

With all the holes this team has, you seriously want to go out and burn our first round pick on James Laurinitis?

Archived