Laron Landry would be a good idea.

SenorGato

Highlight video since that says it all:

What else...only 27...great pedigree...big hitter...top athlete...leader...no character issues unless being intimidating is a flaw LAN165690.jpg...can make plays...What's not to like besides some possible injury worries?

Well, he is tall.....I see him coming in late a lot. A few dumb penalties. What the hell, how many safeties can cover a good tight end anyway.

Man, I wish you guys were running the Jets. A healthy Landry is one of my favorite players in the NFL. I love that kind of DB. I'm hoping they draft front seven defenders rather than DBs at the top of the draft. So a FA Safety is the way to go.

Griffin and Nelson to me a remore Free Safety types Where Landry and Barron are Strong safety. If we sign Landry I would also want Griffin. If we get just Landry I wouldn't get Barron in draft as I would want more of a center fielder type.

Griffin and Nelson to me a remore Free Safety types Where Landry and Barron are Strong safety. If we sign Landry I would also want Griffin. If we get just Landry I wouldn't get Barron in draft as I would want more of a center fielder type.

Jets need Griffin more than Landry because they need a guy who can cover. So I'd say Griffin is a most and then you can see who gets the SS job, be it Landry or Barron.

Not sure you guys have seen Landry play much. He gets burned regularly and isn't a sure tackler. He's a rich man's Taylor Mays.

#safetyplay

Troy Polamalu is a rich man's Taylor Mays in the way that you mean it. Safeties get burned. That's for the fans to focus on.

This would be a mistake by us. Laron Landry isn't likely to go anywhere, but if we are snooping around you know damn well Daniel Snyder is going to give him a huge extension and force us to top it. Landry is a very nice player at a need position, but I feel we have holes other places that cannot be ignored. If we blew our wad on Landry and do not adequately address the pass rush and OL we will be worse off than last year.

This would be a mistake by us. Laron Landry isn't likely to go anywhere, but if we are snooping around you know damn well Daniel Snyder is going to give him a huge extension and force us to top it. Landry is a very nice player at a need position, but I feel we have holes other places that cannot be ignored. If we blew our wad on Landry and do not adequately address the pass rush and OL we will be worse off than last year.

The idea of one safety hampering the rest of the offseason seems ridiculous, but I'm completely ignorant of the cap situation so maybe that's it.

The idea of one safety hampering the rest of the offseason seems ridiculous, but I'm completely ignorant of the cap situation so maybe that's it.

Laron Landry will likely be the highest paid Safety in the NFL after this offseason. That title has changed hands each year for the last few years (Rolle, Weedle, etc.), and Landry is unquestionably the best FA Safety available this offseason. He will likely stay in Washington, but if he were to choose to leave he wouldn't be doing so cheaply. We need to address that position, but signing Landry and neglecting our other needs would be counterproductive.

Laron Landry will likely be the highest paid Safety in the NFL after this offseason. That title has changed hands each year for the last few years (Rolle, Weedle, etc.), and Landry is unquestionably the best FA Safety available this offseason. He will likely stay in Washington, but if he were to choose to leave he wouldn't be doing so cheaply. We need to address that position, but signing Landry and neglecting our other needs would be counterproductive.

Landry is coming off of two IR seasons in a row.

The first in which he opted not to get surgery...the second was a result of soreness from the same injury.

He was quoted in saying that he may sign a one year contract to show what he can do...he may not be all that expensive.

And Snyder may be more inclined to go with Landrys replacement Gomes.

It's easy to since he carried the b word around with him, but he had a good season. Is he a FA?

Yup.

You guys can say what you want about Kerry Rhodes, but he would have helped us out the past two years. I know he's soft and doesn't like to hit but he's 3x the player Eric Smith is.

Of course he'll be well paid..hes a top tier safety hitting FA at 27...same time I highly doubt one player hampers and it's a little crazy to think he'd cause them from fixing other holes.

Yup.

You guys can say what you want about Kerry Rhodes, but he would have helped us out the past two years. I know he's soft and doesn't like to hit but he's 3x the player Eric Smith is.

The D would love a player like Rhodes...its why I'm a Landry fan and a Barron fan this year...That said they only missed the idea of him...he and Wilson should be a great safety duo even in Wilson's late career...theyre not...because Rhodes continues to let himself fall apart as a player.

Orange and apples...I'd take Dawkins at any year in his career over Leonhard.

Dawkins to Leonhard, talent wise sure. Here is my point. Messing with leadership is a dicey thing. Did the eagles get more talented in their secondary sure, but his ability to motivate on field and know the assignment was missing from their team.

Should Jimmy continue be the starter, who knows. I do know that he should still be a member of the Jets until they are able to find someone with his intangibles. Maybe that means making him part of a rotation, but if you mess with the chemistry too much, things can explode

From a Redskin board: They hate Sanchez as well...lol.

I just wish we traded him last year.

No doubt, he was great last year during the time he played. But having only one great half season in his 5 years here is not enough. Other than that he had a decent stretch when he came in for taylor.

Take away those stretches and he has been a flat out liability. He plays out of position and struggles to be in the right place in zone coverage. He often exhibits poor technique. He gets abused by double moves in single coverage. He goes for the knock out tackle too often. He is hurt, constantly. He always has some nagging injury, no doubt a result of too much muscle on his frame. Remember, the achilles wasn't his only injury this season.

And most of all, i can't watch another game where the defense is getting abused and he is talking smack after tackling someone for a first down.

Landry has a very high opinion of himself, he is going to go for the money and he isn't worth it. It is just a shame we didn't trade him when we could have.

Archived