Alex Smith

Blackout

this guy is a beast

14-3, 19 touchdowns and only 5 picks this year

this guy is the man

I really think that Alex Smith finally has coaches that believes in what he can do, not what they want him to be. Thats a huge difference. Once a QB can get that type of support they end up having a season like he's having.

Mark Sanchez reminds me alot of Alex Smith. I think that Sanchez is in such a situation. Mark may not be what we want him to be, but once he gets the support of being what he is then it wont be about winning "despite him", it'll be about him being part of the supporting cast.

Im rooting for the 9ers because of that.

Meh, he's a game manager who had a great defense and running game at his back.. Guys like this usually don't keep it up

He managed the game pretty well when they were losing with 30 seconds left. That last throw was nice.

He managed the game pretty well when they were losing with 30 seconds left. That last throw was nice.

Real talk. Alex Smith isnt as bad as his prior seasons has shown. I think this is a perfect example of what a good coaching staff can do for your football team and QB. Alex Smith may not be "lights out" but he's not making mistakes. If you dont help the opposing team win, you give yourself a shot! We need to get Sanchize there.

He was money those last 2 drives, no question. Just hard to forget all the bad play in the previous 56 minutes :D

He was money those last 2 drives, no question. Just hard to forget all the bad play in the previous 56 minutes :biggrin:

I hear you...

And I think (hope) that Sanchez can do something similar. Became a guy that doesn't get in the way like Smith this year. Let the defense do its thing and get a damn home playoff game!

I hear you...

And I think (hope) that Sanchez can do something similar. Became a guy that doesn't get in the way like Smith this year. Let the defense do its thing and get a damn home playoff game!

I know it, I just don't think that model holds up long term.

I'm holding on to the sliver of hope that Sanchez can become elite.. The teams with an elite QB are the ones that are there every year with multiple opportunities to win it. Unfortunately, in a single elimination tournament the best teams don't always win..

Don't buty that believing in him much matters. But with all the other variables-good OL, running agme, defense, specials- in place a good game manager can be successful.Would have grave doubts the Niners can win in Green Bay, or vs. the Pats. And that is really Sanchez's best case scenario.

He was money those last 2 drives, no question. Just hard to forget all the bad play in the previous 56 minutes :biggrin:

You beat me to it. Between this thread and the Kleckineu's Namath-blowing in two different threads, its like people are completely oblivious to how horrible he played for the vast majority of the game. Were we all watching the same game?

I know it, I just don't think that model holds up long term.

I'm holding on to the sliver of hope that Sanchez can become elite.. The teams with an elite QB are the ones that are there every year with multiple opportunities to win it. Unfortunately, in a single elimination tournament the best teams don't always win..

Drew Brees is elite...he is going home. I do agree with your premise though...I am still shocked that the 49ers pulled that off.

Drew Brees is elite...he is going home. I do agree with your premise though...I am still shocked that the 49ers pulled that off.

At the end of the day, if the Saints didn't have 2 fumbles on special teams, they probably win..

Not to take anything away from 49'ers.. their defense was awesome, but 2 ST surnovers is hard to overcome, especially on the road.. you lose a possesion + give up points

At the end of the day, if the Saints didn't have 2 fumbles on special teams, they probably win..

Not to take anything away from 49'ers.. their defense was awesome, but 2 ST surnovers is hard to overcome, especially on the road.. you lose a possesion + give up points

It took the team without the elite QB 5 turnovers to win by only 4.

A win is a win today. But that's not a mold I'd try to follow.

Smith looked great though. New Orleans needed to do something other than man-up on VD.

Don't buty that believing in him much matters. But with all the other variables-good OL, running agme, defense, specials- in place a good game manager can be successful.Would have grave doubts the Niners can win in Green Bay, or vs. the Pats. And that is really Sanchez's best case scenario.

49ers just beat a better QB than either GB or NE has

amazing what a new OC/coach did for Smith. MAYBE we will get lucky and Jets new Offensive staff will get results from Sanchez.

Manipulate Gameplan to QB's strengths, dont force a QB to do things they are weak at even if it seems prudent based on weaknesses in team you are playing

Lol at this thread...its funny how quick some of u hop on the bandwagon. If Alex Smith were a Jet he would've been ran out of here in his second year and called a failure...its sad to see some of u calling him a beast when many here are ready to get rid of Sanchez. I want to see if u all are willing to give Sanchez six years to possibly become a beast?????? I doubt it...

Real talk. Alex Smith isnt as bad as his prior seasons has shown. I think this is a perfect example of what a good coaching staff can do for your football team and QB. Alex Smith may not be "lights out" but he's not making mistakes. If you dont help the opposing team win, you give yourself a shot! We need to get Sanchize there.

Now that harbaugh knows he probably has a QB he can trust watch the talent they surround him with. JUST WATCH. They already have Davis and Gore how much you wanna bet they go after a Number 1 WR in the draft or Via Free Agency ?

Now that harbaugh knows he probably has a QB he can trust watch the talent they surround him with. JUST WATCH. They already have Davis and Gore how much you wanna bet they go after a Number 1 WR in the draft or Via Free Agency ?

They remind me of 2009 jets, we know how that turned out

It took the team without the elite QB 5 turnovers to win by only 4.

A win is a win today. But that's not a mold I'd try to follow.

Smith looked great though. New Orleans needed to do something other than man-up on VD.

Yep maning up on a player like Davis is nuts especially in that situation. Few years back when New Orleans won the SB they had a much better defense that made big plays, they no longer have that type of defense. They actully beat Peyton Manning in the SB with a big play on defense with that pick six

I wouldnt be surprised. Im really glad for Alex. This is already a hard sport and to be a QB in this sport is just added emphasis. Harbaugh didnt come in and instantly try to replace smith. He made him feel like he was the QB of the 49ers and they can be a winner with him at QB.

You think Harbaugh would ever hire Schotty as an O.C.? lol.

Archived