Is it ghey to like these bands?

T0mShane

my older sister was a queen fan. I liked the album "news of the world", so as a naive 12 year old I wrote QUEEN in 3" tall letters on my book covers. (remember the old paper grocery bag trick ?)

got in a fight on the bus over that one, lol

I have on my ipod, carole king, bee gees, kelly clarkson, poison, lots of stuff that isn't cool. and I don't care

my older sister was a queen fan. I liked the album "news of the world", so as a naive 12 year old I wrote QUEEN in 3" tall letters on my book covers. (remember the old paper grocery bag trick ?)

got in a fight on the bus over that one, lol

I have on my ipod, carole king, bee gees, kelly clarkson, poison, lots of stuff that isn't cool. and I don't care

The Bee Gees stuff stands up. John Travolta may be ghey, but SNF is a great album. And as a kid who wore long hair and denim jacketsin Brooklyn and went to heavy metal shows at a time when every guido dressed like Tony Manero, cannot believe I'm typing that sentence. Queen in concert was a great show.

I like this song, but overall they're mopey even for my tastes.

Oh, my girl likes it when these guys come on the radio... didn't know their name... I call them "Yoddle-ey-doddle-ey" because of the singing style. Hahahaha...

and you haven't heard mopey until you've listened to the sh*tty syntheziser laden emo hipster bullsh*t music that all the sheep on the northwest coast are into... and God forbid you don't listen to all the same bands as the next skinny jeans wearing mustache having puss-wahh, then you aren't one of the cool kids.

All of those bands are good. Yes, even Kings of Leon. Everyone gets down on them because of Sex on Fire and Use Somebody got overplayed. They had 3 or 4 albums of awesome before that. Haters gonna hate. It's still better than 95% of the garbage out there now. I mean Katy Perry had 6 #1 singles off of her last album. That tells you all you need to know about the state of music right now.

That said, it'll be a travesty if Bon Iver and Mumford don't win some Grammys. Adele. PSshh.

Oh, my girl likes it when these guys come on the radio... didn't know their name... I call them "Yoddle-ey-doddle-ey" because of the singing style. Hahahaha...

and you haven't heard mopey until you've listened to the sh*tty syntheziser laden emo hipster bullsh*t music that all the sheep on the northwest coast are into... and God forbid you don't listen to all the same bands as the next skinny jeans wearing mustache having puss-wahh, then you aren't one of the cool kids.

I think you equate too much into music and fashion/style. I love this band. Has nothing to do with my cloths. It's new popular music. Kids wear skinny jeans and sh*t. You're old and lame like me. Doesn't mean you have to hate the music though.

I think you equate too much into music and fashion/style. I love this band. Has nothing to do with my cloths. It's new popular music. Kids wear skinny jeans and sh*t. You're old and lame like me. Doesn't mean you have to hate the music though.

I don't hate it ... actually you've got the completely wrong impression. I don't care what other people are into.

I just happen to work with a lot of west coasters that DO care. They are all that fake indie type that are all "so original", that none of them sounds any different than the next... and the minute I say I like something that isn't "cool" to them, I have to hear about it. I've always liked what I like... marched to the beat of my own drummer. Always.

The Bee Gees stuff stands up. John Travolta may be ghey, but SNF is a great album. And as a kid who wore long hair and denim jacketsin Brooklyn and went to heavy metal shows at a time when every guido dressed like Tony Manero, cannot believe I'm typing that sentence. Queen in concert was a great show.

You dont realize just how good they were until listening to them years later.

I heard Queen rocked the house too.

Archived