Computer Errors - Can't access Jetnation Forums.

BroadwayJoe12

I know this is not the section to post computer issues, however since I am unable to access any other forums for the last week, I figured I would post it here. I can access the site perfectly normal on my iphone, however I am unable to click on the forums tab when I initially enter Jentation.com, it sends me the following messages:

-If you feel you have reached this page in error, please contact the web site owner:

webmaster@forums.jetnation.com

-It may be possible to restore access to this site by following these instructions for clearing your dns cache.

-If you are the web site owner, it is possible you have reached this page because:

-The IP address has changed.

-There has been a server misconfiguration.

-The site may have been moved to a different server.

-If you are the owner of this website and were not expecting to see this page, please contact your hosting provider.

I have tried the dumping my dns cache and the other suggestions, but still am unable to access the forums or any other tabs, the only way I can get onto the football forum is by clicking on the most recent topics from the forum on the jetnation.com homepage. Any help would be appreciated.

Granted, I have been much more efficient without being able to come on here, so really no hurry if it's a difficult fix.

Clear your cache. Then you should be fine. Thanks.

I cleared the dns cache on my computers run program, but then realized that I could access all forums via a different web browser, so I just deleted the cache in google chrome and it works fine now, thanks Max. If I owe the mods some sort of under the table action, just put it on my tab.

I cleared the dns cache on my computers run program, but then realized that I could access all forums via a different web browser, so I just deleted the cache in google chrome and it works fine now, thanks Max. If I owe the mods some sort of under the table action, just put it on my tab.

Weird. I just did the same thing and it didnt work but it did work for me over the weekend.

The way I accessed the site, was I got to the home page, clicked on "gallery" and it took me to where I could find my notifications and had to follow someone who quoted me to the forum.

The site hasnt been working for me for like a week now.

Weird. I just did the same thing and it didnt work but it did work for me over the weekend.

The way I accessed the site, was I got to the home page, clicked on "gallery" and it took me to where I could find my notifications and had to follow someone who quoted me to the forum.

If you're using Mozilla or Google chrome etc. try opening this up in a different browser, that seemed to work fine for me. It was gchrome that wasn't working properly for me, and the suggested overall computer dns cache dump didn't work, however just going into properties of gchrome and deleting the cache and cookies worked fine. Not sure if that's what you meant you tried or not, but if not, it's worth a shot.

If you're using Mozilla or Google chrome etc. try opening this up in a different browser, that seemed to work fine for me. It was gchrome that wasn't working properly for me, and the suggested overall computer dns cache dump didn't work, however just going into properties of gchrome and deleting the cache and cookies worked fine. Not sure if that's what you meant you tried or not, but if not, it's worth a shot.

Yeah, thats what I tried. Not working.

Chrome isnt working and IE isnt really eithe for me. I'm still having to go to gallery and use quotes notifications to access particular forums.

Your issue is probably the same as mine, I imagine this is only happening to you at work, right? If I try to go to the main forum page I keep hitting that error, and I know what it is for me because I've had issues in the past because of all the excessive caching that is done over my companies network. So clearing out local caches doesn't do crap, and it's a problem in all browsers. Usually the one way to get around it is doing a hard refresh of the page, but seeing as how it's an auto-redirect you can't ever actually get to the page you want. It's really annoying. Easiest thing I've found is if you go to the main page just click on a link to one of the thread links in the little "Jetnation Forums" box and go from there.

Your issue is probably the same as mine, I imagine this is only happening to you at work, right? If I try to go to the main forum page I keep hitting that error, and I know what it is for me because I've had issues in the past because of all the excessive caching that is done over my companies network. So clearing out local caches doesn't do crap, and it's a problem in all browsers. Usually the one way to get around it is doing a hard refresh of the page, but seeing as how it's an auto-redirect you can't ever actually get to the page you want. It's really annoying. Easiest thing I've found is if you go to the main page just click on a link to one of the thread links in the little "Jetnation Forums" box and go from there.

Yep. Started at work this morning. I've figured out how to navigate around it...but thats probably the issue.

Did this happen at Jetsinsider? :)

Clear your cache. :) Or wait until your cache expires.

Sorry about that everyone. I contacted the web host and they were no help. But hopefully everyone is fine now.

I've done all that, its still not working. Its all good, its a pain, but I figured out how to navigate the board.

I've done all that, its still not working. Its all good, its a pain, but I figured out how to navigate the board.

same here.. nothing fixes it and it's only happening at work using IE.

only happens when I hit the "forums" option. I can get to the main board so I wound up changing the # on the address to get to a different page:

http://forums.jetnation.com/forum/5-new-york-jets-message-board/

I messed around with the 5 until I got to other forums.. mafia forum is 23. Once I got there it just was stored in my browser so using that. If you get there that way just change the number and leave everything else after that.

only happens when I hit the "forums" option. I can get to the main board so I wound up changing the # on the address to get to a different page:

I messed around with the 5 until I got to other forums.. mafia forum is 23. Once I got there it just was stored in my browser so using that. If you get there that way just change the number and leave everything else after that.

Cool. Thanks for the tips. I like using the gallery to access the site because there are hots chicks on the page that I drool over before using the quote notifications to navigate.

Yeah, everyone who's having the issue at work I think is pretty much boned until enough time goes by. BTW, another way to do that is once you get on any part of the boards, you can jump between the forums using the quick navigation. If you go the top right of the page, it's the little button next to the "View New Content" button.

Yeah, everyone who's having the issue at work I think is pretty much boned until enough time goes by. BTW, another way to do that is once you get on any part of the boards, you can jump between the forums using the quick navigation. If you go the top right of the page, it's the little button next to the "View New Content" button.

Thanks! That is working for me.

I believe that this is a non-issue now. Anyone still having problems? Please let us know, thanks.

Still having issues. Basically nothing has changed. Figured out how to navigate anyway, but yeah, definitely still all the same issues.

Archived