Interactive Mock Draft - Jets are On the Clock

DFlo

Hey guys, I don't know if you may remember from last year or not when we ran the Interactive Mock Draft where the team forums of each team got to vote on which player their team should take.

Well we are doing it again this year, and the Jets are on the clock. I think with whose available this is a pretty obvious pick, but I have been wrong before. Interested to see how you guys will vote

You can cast your vote for who you want your team to pick here:

Interactive Mock Draft

And if you explain why with a brief short description, I will pick the best one and publish it along with the pick in the results section!

Went Barron, but the fact that my soul is 300 means that I don't have a Facebook to post a comment.

Picked him because he's polished and ready to go as a starter. Was the on field DC for Alabama (especially their DBs), played every role given to him, and has the physical tools to play his position at a high level in the NFL. IMO a can't miss pick for any of the significant D's in this league, all who need a talent like this. Arguably the best combo of brains, makeup, polish, experience, and physical tools of the defensive players in this draft. Highly productive against the pass and is not scared to get dirty and play the run. A coup...

Or just say, "**** the sacks, get the turnovers." Rex/Pettine can scheme pressure but it's much harder to scheme INTs.

Decastro wasn't there so I would trade down. Which isn't an option either.Barron is not fast good situational awareness but not blazing fast. Upshaw reminds me of Shaun Ellis. Martin is ok but I'd rather have a couple mid rounders if shown these options.

I'd be perfectly happy with Upshaw. He's stout and plays a position of dire, immediate need. I'd be ok with Barron too, but all things being equal I prefer the Jets continue to rebuild the front seven.

I'm afraid that Poe will be another Dwayne Robertson.

Decastro wasn't there so I would trade down. Which isn't an option either.Barron is not fast good situational awareness but not blazing fast. Upshaw reminds me of Shaun Ellis. Martin is ok but I'd rather have a couple mid rounders if shown these options.

I disagree on Decastro - but I agree that If those were the options I would want to trade down or purposely miss the pick like Minn did a few years ago.

Why would you want Decastro? Guard is the only position where we have solid, relatively low cost guys. Why would you spend a first rounder there? Those two guys graded out as our most consistent linemen last year.

It's also unclear, but saying Upshaw reminds you of Ellis is a positive, no?

I wouldn't draft any of these guys, I would trade down, and if I couldn't I would draft Dre Kirkpatrick, make him a hybrid FS/CB, FS on Cover 1, Cover 2, deep plays, and a man CB on other Zero coverage, and obvious run downs to cover the new hybrid TE's in the league, alla Hernandez/Gronk. The NFL offense is evolving, the defense will need to evolve, IMO the Safety position will change into a 1 man position on the field, the 2nd will either be a CB, or big speedy LB, depending on the offense, and down, and distance, but they will need to rove, and make big hits, I can see Kirkpatrick grow into this type of player, plus he and Tone can toke up while reviewing film together, that's another bonding experience situation that Rex craves.

BAP, whoever the Jets think that is. Shudder at that thought, but there are way too many holes on this team to get cute. They need a few consecutive drafts of getting players that can play at a high level immediately.

The Tebow trade is still baffling, but then again it really isnt.

Archived