The Yankees Are Good

Maxman

They are in 1st place. :) But this team could be scary good. Petite needs 4 more minor league starts and then he will be back. Nova is off to a good start in his 2nd year, Jeter is hitting well. The bullpen is unreal.

They have depth.

This team could actually be the best Yankees team that we have seen in years.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not as confident as you. I'm not very high on the Yankees lineup.

The lineup has age going against it in some spots. A lot if them are old. If Arod has any kind of season at all the lineup will be fine.

They are in 1st place. :) But this team could be scary good. Petite needs 4 more minor league starts and then he will be back. Nova is off to a good start in his 2nd year, Jeter is hitting well. The bullpen is unreal.

They have depth.

This team could actually be the best Yankees team that we have seen in years.

If Arod, Tex and Swisher don't hit again in October we'll be looking at an early exit.

You know what is crazy? The Yankees are going to have to rely on Andy Pettitte for some quality innings this year. No one would have thought that like a month ago.

Well the good thing is he has had a year off. ;)

You know what is crazy? The Yankees are going to have to rely on Andy Pettitte for some quality innings this year. No one would have thought that like a month ago.

How do you figure that? I am not saying it is a problem but he figures to be a bottom of the rotation guy.

If Pineda comes back strong the Yankees will win the East by 10 games.

It all comes down to ARod and Tex

I'm not confident in this team at all

+1 They suck. One decent pitcher on the roster and an old lineup that will break down as the season goes on. Detroit's better. Texas is better. Tampa can ice them in a playoff series and Valentine is going to whip the Sox into shape by the time the playoffs come around. Long season at the Yans.

guys with Bard as their 3rd pitcher shouldn't be laughing at the Yankees.

Pindea will be back soon and we'll be fine

Who was laughing? Bard is the 5th starter. Do some research so you don't talk from out of your backside. 7 innings and one run allowed is pretty solid for his second start ever.

How do you figure that? I am not saying it is a problem but he figures to be a bottom of the rotation guy.

If Pineda comes back strong the Yankees will win the East by 10 games.

All 5 guys in a rotation matter. Garcia is toast and Phil Hughes is shot. If Pettite was game shape he'd be the 3rd or 4th starter. And if Pineda comes back strong, that's good for the Yankees but that isn't a given and neither is the east.

Who was laughing? Bard is the 5th starter. Do some research so you don't talk from out of your backside. 7 innings and one run allowed is pretty solid for his second start ever.

All 5 guys in a rotation matter. Garcia is toast and Phil Hughes is shot. If Pettite was game shape he'd be the 3rd or 4th starter. And if Pineda comes back strong, that's good for the Yankees but that isn't a given and neither is the east.

I just feel strongly that this Yankees team is the best they have had in recent years. I think that is scary for the rest of the league. They are getting out of the gate slow but sit at .500 and once they start rolling, I don't see anyone catching them.

Valentine won't make the season

Sawx ownership is more interesed in their English Soccer team, and left the cupboards dry for Bobby V

There is some truth in that part of the statement.

One, it is wrong because the cupboard is not exactly bare.

However, the bullpen 'solution' is a horrible idea. As tough as the East is looking, you cannot afford to give games away like last week in Detroit.

On the bright side, they are ahead of last year's pace. ;)

Archived