Source: Rocky McIntosh visits Jets

F.Chowds

Source: Rocky McIntosh visits Jets

by Aaron Wilson of Scout.com, May 24, 2012 at 3:21 pm ET

Rocky McIntosh Profile

Washington Redskins free agent linebacker Rocky McIntosh visited the New York Jets, according to a league source.

He previously worked out for the Minnesota Vikings and visited the Miami Dolphins.

McIntosh is a 6-foot-2, 242-pound former University of Miami played drafted in the second round by the Redskins six years ago.

McIntosh, 29, recorded 110 tackles two seasons ago and has eight career sacks.

Last season, McIntosh lost his starting job to Perry Riley late in the season. He registered 65 tackles and one sack.

For more coverage of the NFL, go to profootball.scout.com.

how about a RT or a FS or a legit back up TE ? c'mon man !

LOL

Good grief.

I'm actually psyched about McIntosh coming in. He is the guy the Skins drafted when we traded with them in R2 of that draft, we picked Kellen Clemens.

The irony of the Jets getting McIntosh after the '06 Gocong incident would be quite delish.

We traded back in R2 and took Clemens, what does that have to do with Us trading with Philly and them stealing Gocong?

Because the Skins traded up with us to get McIntosh.

Yeah, which has nothing to do with us trading back in R3 with Philly assuming we could still get Gocong, and then having them take him. We wanted KC in R2 and got him.

The two trade are unrelated. Regardless, getting McIntosh would be great.

I'm actually psyched about McIntosh coming in. He is the guy the Skins drafted when we traded with them in R2 of that draft, we picked Kellen Clemens.

The other side of the trade is having the extra ammo to trade up for Revis the following year. Which is reason #1348729 why you can't judge a draft right away.

Good guy for depth maybe. I don't see him coming in and taking anyone's job. Bart scott lost 15 lbs ya know.

I agree with this.

Not only that but Davis, no matter what Rex is saying now, will be stealing snaps from Bart in nickel situations.

Archived