Acceptance Is The key

SoFlaJets

Im sorry but those skill position players are much, much better than the garbage the Jets are trotting out. Gore on his last legs is still a better runner/pass catcher than Greene. Jacobs is a good 1b back and James is clearly the wildcard. He'd be the most explosive player on the Jets roster.

Manningham would start for the Jets. Vernon Davis would be the Jets best player on offense. The drafted another WR Jenkins in the first round....the Niners made moves this offseason.

The Jets brought in Tim tebow and Chaz Schillens(WHO?)

Meh, Alex Smith is dookie. Had the least amount of pass attempts by any QB who started all 16 games. They do everything in their power to keep the game out of his hands. If all these new weapons they picked up is an indication they'll be throwing the ball more, I suspect them to have a much worse season.

BTW - did you see their defense get diced up by Schaub and the Texans the other night? Wonder if they are accepting the fact their defense sucks now.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, Alex Smith is dookie. Had the least amount of pass attempts by any QB who started all 16 games. They do everything in their power to keep the game out of his hands. If all these new weapons they picked up is an indication they'll be throwing the ball more, I suspect them to have a much worse season.

BTW - did you see their defense get diced up by Schaub and the Texans the other night? Wonder if they are accepting the fact their defense sucks now.

Smith sucks this is true. But there seemed to be an internal vision that they needed to bring players in on offense capable of creating explosive plays and gaining yards in chunks. Last year the only guy that could do that for them was the tight end and Gore on screen passes. They probably figured the defense wont be as good/lucky as they were last year.

Im sorry but those skill position players are much, much better than the garbage the Jets are trotting out. Gore on his last legs is still a better runner/pass catcher than Greene. Jacobs is a good 1b back and James is clearly the wildcard. He'd be the most explosive player on the Jets roster.

Manningham would start for the Jets. Vernon Davis would be the Jets best player on offense. The drafted another WR Jenkins in the first round....the Niners made moves this offseason.

The Jets brought in Tim tebow and Chaz Schillens(WHO?)

Their first round WR that they drafted is currently in danger of not even playing at all. He was a reach if ever there was a reach on a first round receiver.

Whine whine whine.

What a pu$$y thread. Congrats, SoFla.

Whine whine whine.

Yes. we should all have sunshine and rainbows shooting out of our ass like you.

Guess what? Its a message board. We're gonna bitch. Its not here so everyone can get in a circle jerk over how great Teblow is or how Sanchize is punking us.

Their first round WR that they drafted is currently in danger of not even playing at all. He was a reach if ever there was a reach on a first round receiver.

Sure. That's true. But they did bring in Manningham and Randy Moss to be a situational player. The Niners added a ton of pieces on offense.

Yes. we should all have sunshine and rainbows shooting out of our ass like you.

Guess what? Its a message board. We're gonna bitch. Its not here so everyone can get in a circle jerk over how great Teblow is or how Sanchize is punking us.

Yea and who's whining? This jerk off (the guy you quoted LBS) calls me out for starting a pussy thread when all I'm doing is calling it the way I see it-and it's not just me who sees it that way

Yea and who's whining? This jerk off (the guy you quoted LBS) calls me out for starting a pussy thread when all I'm doing is calling it the way I see it-and it's not just me who sees it that way

Meh. Leave it be. People have become more and more negative because the Jets have gotten worse. A lot of us saw it going into last season....some folks just dont like hearing it. I dont know if its because they're season ticket holders or whatever....but the Jets look like sh*t this season.

Sure. That's true. But they did bring in Manningham and Randy Moss to be a situational player. The Niners added a ton of pieces on offense.

Meh, they signed a guy out of retirement and signed a 3rd option WR from a team with a much much better QB. They drafted a WR (so did the Jets) and they drafted a RB (so did the Jets), granted James has a much higher ceiling.

Would I rather have the skills players on San Fran? Yes. But do I think they are suddenly turning that team into an offensive threat? No, not all. I'm more than confident, the Jets defense will smack their offense around and probably still lose because our offense is that bad. lol.

Its a whiny thread dude. Extremely. The title is "Acceptance is the key" and the season has event started.

You are whiny these days. Its all good. You're over it. We all are.

I can see the mob forming around Halloween-I figure that's about the time that Sanchez plays in his last start as the Jets QB and either Tim Tebow or Greg McElroy will lead the troops to a Lucas-esque season comeback

I'll bring the torches. You bring the pitchforks. Lil Bit Special will gather the drunken townspeople.

I f we had a D that could produce their share of turnovers, I might be slightly optimistic, but....they don't do that. So with the kind of field position we are going to have, a running back as mediocre as Greene, a QB who looks at his primary for 2 seconds and then folds up, a less than mediocre slot receiver , a Cheshire cat TE, and two wideout starters who will crawl on the injured list with a hangnail, I just don't see it. And that is just the skill positions. If I keep hearing about our 3 Pro Bowl offensive linemen I think I will scream.

i haven't been watching preseason since i am stuck in pittsburgh......but i have read all the commentary and it doesn't dound good. that said, it's preseason and i am giving the team at least half the regular season to show what they have. unless we start 0-4 or 1-3 and look miserable doing it. some of you are ruining the season for yourselves already. just let the season start and see what happens. if we suck we can start talking about axing the accountant and the draft. it's been a long time since i've been able to talk offseason before thanksgiving.........i am looking forward to getting back to "playing like a jet" and sucking badly enough to not care about football once thanksgiving rolls around. :D

I f we had a D that could produce their share of turnovers, I might be slightly optimistic, but....they don't do that. So with the kind of field position we are going to have, a running back as mediocre as Greene, a QB who looks at his primary for 2 seconds and then folds up, a less than mediocre slot receiver , a Cheshire cat TE, and two wideout starters who will crawl on the injured list with a hangnail, I just don't see it. And that is just the skill positions. If I keep hearing about our 3 Pro Bowl offensive linemen I think I will scream.

IStatiiticallly we have a good defense, but the lack of turnovers and being on the filed so much negates that. They are going to be on the field a lot,and they figure to wear out late in games, like vs. the Broncos and Giants last year. A 3 and out offense is not going to eat a lot of clock nor run a lot of plays.If the Jets had a great pass rush that caused fumbles when it hit the QB, we would be in way better shape. But despite all the wonderful stats and happy talk about being a great defense the Jets do not get near the passer nearly enough to make the leap.

The offense scares nobody. And they can wait out a defense that will be sucking wind late in the 2nd half.

i haven't been watching preseason since i am stuck in pittsburgh......but i have read all the commentary and it doesn't dound good. that said, it's preseason and i am giving the team at least half the regular season to show what they have. unless we start 0-4 or 1-3 and look miserable doing it. some of you are ruining the season for yourselves already. just let the season start and see what happens. if we suck we can start talking about axing the accountant and the draft. it's been a long time since i've been able to talk offseason before thanksgiving.........i am looking forward to getting back to "playing like a jet" and sucking badly enough to not care about football once thanksgiving rolls around. :biggrin:

This is where I'm at.

I expected serious offensive growing pains well into the regular season with the new system and rookie WR. Be nice to see a couple bright spots out there, but I'm not going to jump off a bridge because of the preseason. Holmes and Kerley being out and Hunter coming off an injury isn't helping matters.

There's gonna be some gameplanning and a lot of wildcatting once the real games begin. I think they'll move the ball a little bit. With this defense, all they really need to do is turn it over less and get a few more first downs, and they'll be competitive. Great QB play would be a lot better, but ordinary could get the job done.

The Jets D is pretty good at producing turnovers. They were 10th in INTs and 1st in forced fumbles. They dropped to 4th in fumbles recovered. I think they'd get more picks if teams had to throw against them. The lack of scoring keeps teams from throwing against us which keeps INT opportunities down. To be fair, all the running probably raises opportunities for forced fumbles. Things don't bode well for a strong start, but the schedule weakens down the stretch.

The Jets D is pretty good at producing turnovers. They were 10th in INTs and 1st in forced fumbles. They dropped to 4th in fumbles recovered. I think they'd get more picks if teams had to throw against them. The lack of scoring keeps teams from throwing against us which keeps INT opportunities down. To be fair, all the running probably raises opportunities for forced fumbles. Things don't bode well for a strong start, but the schedule weakens down the stretch.

If you're facing the Jets, forget throwing at Revis-and then work the field side to side to wear out the LBs. The DL, unless Coples changes things, do not get to the QB enough. There's no player in the front 7 you really have to worry about.-no JPP, no Ngata. And probably the jets piss poor offense is going to wear down this defense more than anything else.

I love Revis, but simply being the best CB in the NFL is not nearly as impactful as a disruptive front 7 player who gets to the QB a whole bunch.The jets do not have that guy.

If you're facing the Jets, forget throwing at Revis-and then work the field side to side to wear out the LBs. The DL, unless Coples changes things, do not get to the QB enough. There's no player in the front 7 you really have to worry about.-no JPP, no Ngata. And probably the jets piss poor offense is going to wear down this defense more than anything else.

I love Revis, but simply being the best CB in the NFL is not nearly as impactful as a disruptive front 7 player who gets to the QB a whole bunch.The jets do not have that guy.

This may be true, or it may not. They certainly haven't ignored pass rushers. Coples may be a good one. Maybin is a pretty good pass rusher. His efficiency statistics are pretty good. Whether he merits time on the field in non-passing downs is the question. I think that if Ellis is the real deal - which so far this preseason seems to be the case, we will see him clogging the middle and have more success around the ends for the OLBs (or Coples) and blitzing DBs. The way they did in '09 with Jenkins. They have also, if Bart Scott is to be believed, decided to just keep coming this year whereas in 2011 they tried to peel off and cover the hot receiver more often. I think we will see a signifcantly upgraded pass rush this year. I also predict the board still won't be satisfied with it.

This may be true, or it may not. They certainly haven't ignored pass rushers. Coples may be a good one. Maybin is a pretty good pass rusher. His efficiency statistics are pretty good. Whether he merits time on the field in non-passing downs is the question. I think that if Ellis is the real deal - which so far this preseason seems to be the case, we will see him clogging the middle and have more success around the ends for the OLBs (or Coples) and blitzing DBs. The way they did in '09 with Jenkins. They have also, if Bart Scott is to be believed, decided to just keep coming this year whereas in 2011 they tried to peel off and cover the hot receiver more often. I think we will see a signifcantly upgraded pass rush this year. I also predict the board still won't be satisfied with it.

This may be harsh, but you have to discount anything that comes from Bart Scott. By the end of 2011 he was barely used on passing downs and mostly ineffective when he did play. Everyone is saying wonderful thing about how Scott will be better this year, but hard to believe after last year.

This may be harsh, but you have to discount anything that comes from Bart Scott. By the end of 2011 he was barely used on passing downs and mostly ineffective when he did play. Everyone is saying wonderful thing about how Scott will be better this year, but hard to believe after last year.

Not sure. If he's washed up or not is irrelevant. He's only talking about the style, not claiming any great ability. He didn't even say he was the one that was going to do it, just that they will aim to hit the QB and less peeling off to try to cover. A style they seemed to do more or in '09 and '10 than in '11.

• 4 months later...

To the harsh reality Jets fans, that once again, we ain't winning or going TO a Super Bowl in 2012/13. We are not even MAKING the playoffs...again. This team needs a new General Manager, one who can actually SEE what the team needs and then goes out and gets that player or players at those positions. I know, I know, some here will cite the drafting of Mangold and Revis at Mike Tannenbaum's genius and that some of the kids on the D-line show promise, but it's not enough.

How could anyone who is supposed to be one of the top GMs in the league not address the OL and the receiver position two years in a row? The Safety slots were finally shored up but for how long, and can Landry stay healthy? Now I know that someone is going to go and bullet point every line of this post and then another is going to call me a negative anti-Jets crusader-have at it, but anybody with half a football shaped brain can see what is happening here with this team and IT IS NOT GOOD. 5-11, 6-10, MAYBE if we're lucky 7 wins.

I frigging hate being right about something like this-I WANT ANOTHER JETS SB APPEARANCE!!!!!

POTW--- He could see the future!

Archived