Ravens and Bryant McKinnie to part ways?

JohnnyHector

@AlbertBreer: Bryant McKinnie in a text: "We couldn't come to an agreement on a contract restructure, which leads to me being released."

Do we have any supplemental Mini-Draft selections left?

They'd be forced to move Oher back to LT, where he struggled mightily. This would be a poor move for the Ravens. Unless they're angling for those coveted compensatory mini-draft picks. Ozzie Newsome is a shrewd, shrewd businessman.

Typical premature tweet:

@Albert Breer: Ok. Another text from McKinnie: "Not officially over yet just got a call" #staytuned

@AlbertBreer

One surefire sign they're still working on getting McKinnie to stay -- radio silence right now from inside the Raven organization.

"radio silence inside the Raven organization blah blah blah," what does that mean? I'm a Jets fan. *stares eerily at strange text*

If they wanted to re-work his deal then it means he's in playing shape. Would love to have him added.

Still not officially released, but if he gets released, and only has 1 year left on his contract at 3.2 mill (I'm not sure if that's the case) forgot signing this beast, put a F'ing waiver claim in for this beast, there are to many teams weak at T that would either claim him, or end up paying more than the 3.2 mill in a bidding war IMO. The top team willing to pay him might be Arizona, and I believe they have waiver priority on us if everything above is correct I can't see us getting him if Arizona believes they can contend this season, and are willing to pay the 3.2 mill.

san diego, arizona are in far worse tackle shape than the NYJ. not to mention this guy is a fat unprofessional player. He showed up for offseason workouts at 360. and then didn't show up to camp for a week or more with "personal issues". there's alot of baggage with this guy. BUt if your other option is starting Mike Harris at left tackle, then he's a savior. Until he goes bad, which he inevitably will.

san diego, arizona are in far worse tackle shape than the NYJ. not to mention this guy is a fat unprofessional player. He showed up for offseason workouts at 360. and then didn't show up to camp for a week or more with "personal issues". there's alot of baggage with this guy. BUt if your other option is starting Mike Harris at left tackle, then he's a savior. Until he goes bad, which he inevitably will.

For 1 season he is a stud, long term no thanks, that's when trouble starts, he is already in good enough shape, and would be our 2nd best OL men immediately. It's in his best intrests to behave for the season on a 1 year deal anything else thou your correct not worth it.

He could be insurance in case the Howard experiment fails.

i believe that guy could be Jason Smith. I had some harsh words for Smith upon arrival but after re-watching Smith against the Eagles, he might be the guy. Not bad at all against scrubs. sometimes maybe a trade can be a wake up call.

i believe that guy could be Jason Smith. I had some harsh words for Smith upon arrival but after re-watching Smith against the Eagles, he might be the guy. Not bad at all against scrubs. sometimes maybe a trade can be a wake up call.

Forgot about him. I haven't watched any of his game tap but was the whole oline in St Louis bad? I think we definitely have more talent on our oline, so maybe he'd have more luck with better talent around him.

I have to imagine that those concussions really shook him up, as I remembered when he was coming out, he was tagged as the heir apparent to Orlando Pace for the Rams. Everyone was touting his athleticism and footwork and simply saying that even though he played primarily out of a two point stance at Baylor, he had all the attributes to transition to the next level. He was even graded out real well in the run game. Ex: Baylor gained more than 65% of its rushing yardage on running plays to the left. With Smith leading the way, the Bears finished 21st in the nation and third in the Big Twelve Conference with an average of 195.75 yards per game on the ground. With their left tackle hobbled in 2007, Baylor ranked 113th nationally with 77.83 yards per game rushing.

He could very well be one of the guys that just couldn't make the transition, maybe he'd be better suited as a guard in a zone-blocking scheme, as he has all the athleticism in the world to be able to pull and trap etc. I just feel that given a fully healthy season, he'll show that he can start somewheres on a line.

Forgot about him. I haven't watched any of his game tap but was the whole oline in St Louis bad? I think we definitely have more talent on our oline, so maybe he'd have more luck with better talent around him.

from the one game he played LT he looked aggressive and finished blocks despite not really knowing the plays. He also got beat at times in pass pro but overall a good effort and remember the Eagles keep like 12 defensive linemen so not all of the guys he was going against got cut. Howard played right tackle while Jason Smith played left.

Archived