Too many pickers have Bills as Upset

SouthernJet

Making me wonder. Was the Jets lack of 'showing their hand' during PreSeason a act of 'hiding REAL firepower' or a act of 'pretending we had firepower to make Bills strategize more'

The media sure is in agreement we will lose.

I think Jets have a few wrinkles up sleeve and pull this one out with a 20-16 win.

IF Jets successful this year it will harken back to Giants of LT/Carson/Simms era when GMen won 14-10, 13-7 every week. But a W is a W.

Go Jets , Bleed Green today folks

SuperBowlIII-19694.jpg

what the media is not seeing is the Jets defense can be pretty devestating at times and could very well destroy the Bills. If we protect the football and have a few good drives I can see this being a total Jets blowout.

Also (on a bad note) the more I see of the Jets Horrid Running game the more concerned I get. Out TE's cant block and John Connor is freaking lost I mean completely lost. Merrel Hoge put up some running plays (on NFL matchup) to show whats going on with the Jets blocking up front and from what I saw I agreed with him ( I saw similar things last year and in the preseason) they seem clueless. Makes you wonder losing the blocking TE's we did have in 09 along with T-Rich and 2 o line man who were very solid if not fantastic in the running game in Faneca and Woody is the real problem because Hoge seems to think its not the backs causing the issues and I agree. IMO Connor is totally worthless to this offense.

Also brings up the point are the Jets transitioning to more of a passing attack ? The moves they made in the offseason certainly point to that .

I still find it funny how the pundits and experts have been saying that the jets are both, in the same article/segment mind you, the inferior team in the division and will be upset by the Bills. Am I missing something here?? How is one the superior team and still able to upset said inferior team?? Either they think the Jets are the better team or they really don't have a firm grasp on the english language.

what the media is not seeing is the Jets defense can be pretty devestating at times and could very well destroy the Bills. If we protect the football and have a few good drives I can see this being a total Jets blowout.

Also (on a bad note) the more I see of the Jets Horrid Running game the more concerned I get. Out TE's cant block and John Connor is freaking lost I mean completely lost. Merrel Hoge put up some running plays (on NFL matchup) to show whats going on with the Jets blocking up front and from what I saw I agreed with him ( I saw similar things last year and in the preseason) they seem clueless. Makes you wonder losing the blocking TE's we did have in 09 along with T-Rich and 2 o line man who were very solid if not fantastic in the running game in Faneca and Woody is the real problem because Hoge seems to think its not the backs causing the issues and I agree. IMO Connor is totally worthless to this offense.

Also brings up the point are the Jets transitioning to more of a passing attack ? The moves they made in the offseason certainly point to that .

The backs aren't the problem, but Conner is totally useless. What?

Shonn Greene is a problem. When your supposed bruising back is 50th in the league in yards after first contact, and you're pretending to be a ground & pound team, that's a problem. If you have Greene and the useless Conner teamed up, then the backs are the problem.

Complaints about the OL are overblown. The Jets' OL is above average. The RBs are below average and the QBs both take too many sacks on their own (Tebow is worse than Sanchez in that regard). The blocking TE thing is also overblown. Not a lot of great blocking TEs out there, and the ones the Jets had probably caused more negative plays (via penalty) than they did positive ones.

I do agree that he Jets might be covertly moving to more of a passing attack. Keeping 6 WRs and 4 RBs leans in that direction.

Shonn Greene is a problem. When your supposed bruising back is 50th in the league in yards after first contact, and you're pretending to be a ground & pound team, that's a problem. If you have Greene and the useless Conner teamed up, then the backs are the problem.

Complaints about the OL are overblown. The Jets' OL is above average. The RBs are below average and the QBs both take too many sacks on their own (Tebow is worse than Sanchez in that regard). The blocking TE thing is also overblown. Not a lot of great blocking TEs out there, and the ones the Jets had probably caused more negative plays (via penalty) than they did positive ones.

I do agree that he Jets might be covertly moving to more of a passing attack. Keeping 6 WRs and 4 RBs leans in that direction.

Exactly. I forget the exact numbers, but I looked them all up on FO a couple weeks back in the middle of the "wayne hunter/worst RT in the league saga" and it showed that we were near the top or above average in every oline statistical category. What it did show, was that Shonne Green can only get what the Oline gives him and absolutely nothing else, he is extremely below average when getting to the second level and creating more yards. It's really not that hard to see. I'm hoping that either Powell or McKnight show something this season, because Green is as good as gone.

But the 1-3 Patriots did? The 0-4 Bills did? The 0-4 Dolphins ... oh, never mind.

Apparently the 0-4 Bills looked like world-beaters... everyone is putting them in the playoffs after a 6-10 season. Technically, the Bills are 6-14 in their last 20 if you want to make a big deal out of the pre-season.

Go figure. Shrug.

Apparently the 0-4 Bills looked like world-beaters... everyone is putting them in the playoffs after a 6-10 season. Technically, the Bills are 6-14 in their last 20 if you want to make a big deal out of the pre-season.

Go figure. Shrug.

Honestly, can't remember coming into a season with this much media negativity. I hope Rex is right.

Go figure. Shrug.

The offseason story for the Bills was how they upgraded their sieve of a defense. The offseason story for the Jets was the Ringling Tebow Circus. The Jets setting up their trains to have a potential Gomez Adams' climax was the much bigger story. Let the prognosticators prognosticate. I just want the game to start already.

slats I didnt mean to make it sound like it was only the offensive line or only john connor I agree its a big combination of sh*t. But the film Hoge put up was pretty messy from an O-Line standpoint. This running game is no where close to what it was in 09 . I do remember and Im sure you do as well how many good blocks T-Rich put out in our running game and It makes me wonder did Rex lean towards Connor because he dishes out the occasional big hit ? Honestly I have yet to see a big hit from the guy rather than him wiffing most of the time or missing assignments totally. Obviously there is a lot of reasons we cant run the ball anymore and losing 2 o-line man 2 blocking TE's and a perennial pro bowl FB does play into the equasion. The Jets will be passing the ball this year and mixing in some runs and some wildcat I think the big surprise will be the Jets running more of a No Huddle/Hurry up offense that best suits Mark Sanchez.

I do remember and Im sure you do as well how many good blocks T-Rich put out in our running game and It makes me wonder did Rex lean towards Connor because he dishes out the occasional big hit ?

I was also saying that Conner is part of the back problem, not part of the OL problem. I'm not a fan of the terminator, and was rooting for Baker and/or Ganaway to take his spot.

Getting ripped apart on NFL Countdown right now - Chris Carter especially -- God I hope they all eat crow at days end

Chris Carter said exactly what I have been pointing out for years ....Where is the talent on the Jets offense ?

I think the Jets will win big today because our defense will rip the Bills apart and look for Laron Landry to be the catalyst.

I was also saying that Conner is part of the back problem, not part of the OL problem. I'm not a fan of the terminator, and was rooting for Baker and/or Ganaway to take his spot.

yep same here . The guy plays too damn stiff and he cant adjust to blaock in the running game. When I mention him in the running game I mention him purly as a blocker he is a part of opening holes of which we have not done much of recently

No. I believe the line for the game is Jets -3 (meaning Jets are 3pt favorites).

Which makes it all the more interesting... more than half the experts are picking an upset?? How often does that happen???

rare, especially when favored team is at HOME!!!!!!!

The 3 point spread only EXISTS because we're at home. Vegas typically gives 3 points to the road team. So if this game was to be played on a neutral site Vegas would have it as a pick 'em. Sounds about right to me.

The 3 point spread only EXISTS because we're at home. Vegas typically gives 3 points to the road team. So if this game was to be played on a neutral site Vegas would have it as a pick 'em. Sounds about right to me.

Isn't it a pick 'em is when the 3 point home advantage is negated? It's not here.

The offseason story for the Bills was how they upgraded their sieve of a defense. The offseason story for the Jets was the Ringling Tebow Circus. The Jets setting up their trains to have a potential Gomez Adams' climax was the much bigger story. Let the prognosticators prognosticate. I just want the game to start already.

forget where read it but someone referred to the Jets preseason offense as the missionary position offense. they are going to be showing totally different stuff today (hopefully).

Archived