How many times today will we hear "they beat a lousy team."

Klecko73isGod

13 members have voted

1. 1. Have you heard "the Jets beat a crappy team" today?

• Yes
    • Yes

I love the new narrative. The Bills in three hours on Sunday went from everyone's favorite offseason team - the team that was supposed to take the next step because of all of their great offseason acquisitions and finally make the postseason and overtake the Jets as the number two team in the AFC East - to the crappy team that the Jets unfairly took advantage of.

What's the cry we're going to hear next week after the Jets beat the Steelers? Meh... the Steelers are 0-2, obviously this will be a down year for them. :face:

I love the new narrative. The Bills in three hours on Sunday went from everyone's favorite offseason team - the team that was supposed to take the next step because of all of their great offseason acquisitions and finally make the postseason and overtake the Jets as the number two team in the AFC East - to the crappy team that the Jets unfairly took advantage of.

What's the cry we're going to hear next week after the Jets beat the Steelers? Meh... the Steelers are 0-2, obviously this will be a down year for them. :face:

So ****ing annoying! Last week the Bills were gonna be the surprise team until we beat them. Don't know why I thought the media would respond differently since they seem to have developed a strong hate for the Jets but next week will hopefully be different when we beat the Steelers.

First let me say I know this is wishful thinking but not impossible. Do you think if Sanchez and this offense puts up 30+ on Steelers this week, we will see a true shift in opinion on the Jets or will the media fight it longer?

Not that I really care but just funny to watch them defend their flawed views.

Bingo! angryred.gif

First let me say I know this is wishful thinking but not impossible. Do you think if Sanchez and this offense puts up 30+ on Steelers this week, we will see a true shift in opinion on the Jets or will the media fight it longer?

i hope they hate on the jets till the day the lombardi gets lifted. whenever that may be

The verbal and written fellatio will come fast and furious.

agree 100%,,haters will always hate

While I do agree it's kind of a crock that the media tries to pull this crap, there is at least a tiny little bit of legitimacy to this one. I was saying all week I had absolutely no idea what the big hype was with the Bills this year and didn't see any reason to believe this year would be any different from them than usual. So yeah, I'm not sure the team the Jets beat yesterday is as good as the one we've heard them rambling on about for these past few months.

With that said, I don't care how crappy the team you're playing against is (and the Bills aren't THAT bad), when you completely dominate an opponent the way the Jets did yesterday, it's an impressive feat. After all, I seriously doubt we're going to see a whole lot of dismissal of the performances of the Falcons, Texans, Bears or Patriots regardless of who they played.

At least this let Bills fans down easy.

Last year, the Bills thought they were one of the best teams in the AFC after beating the Pats and Fritz playing well. So well, they gave him a huge extension before the season ended with him leading the NFL with 23 INTs.

The only thing that is disturbing is the some of the media that are using the "they beat a lousy team" excuse are the same that predicted that the Bills would be 2nd in AFCE and make the playoffs.

Archived