Is it all on Sanchez now?

slats

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone can do whatever the hell they want, I just don't get it. Is there pleasure to be had in busting on Sanchez multiple times a day, everyday? Does that make it more fun to be a Jet fan?

Oh. Yeah. Right. We chose to be Jets fans. Because it seemed like it would be fun. The pleasure to be had is in not setting yourself up for obvious disappointment by hoping that Sanchez is just suddenly going to turn into an NFL quarterback. This team is plenty good at counfounding expectations that are actually reasonable.

McIntyre has 2 (which I knew) and Pouha has 1 (which I looked up). The obvious point is that is that if you can't get to the QB and your CB that you've been counting on the neutralize the opposing WR1 is out, sh*t's bound to get ugly.

And since you asked, the Giants have 6 as a team.

Only 3 behind????

WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone can do whatever the hell they want, I just don't get it. Is there pleasure to be had in busting on Sanchez multiple times a day, everyday? Does that make it more fun to be a Jet fan?

At least in the offseason, there are options to discuss. There really aren't any options to discuss now.

It's why the Eric Smith analogy falls flat. The Jets went out and got four safeties in the offseason to address the problem. They can reach down to the practice squad to find a better safety than ESmith if they need to. There isn't a better QB than Sanchez to be found anywhere on the roster, practice squad, or waiver wire. This is what Jet fans have.

I'm rooting for him because as a fan of the Jets, I know the best case scenario is that he gets his sh*t together in a hurry. Otherwise, it's back to the drawing board in 2013. That could very well be where the team winds up, but I'm in no hurry to get there just yet.

dude matt flynn!

Smash,

I value your commentary, especially the support of Sanchez and in many ways I agree the Jets have not exactly surrounded him with an offensive juggernaut (both in coaches and players) but the attitude he played with from the git go yesterday was so typical of the Mark Sanchez we've come to see since 09. The guy looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there. I'm not sure he realizes how his demeanor affects the team around him. If he can't fix that one aspect the rest won't matter. The comeback was nice, the reconnect with Holmes encouraging but we won't get away with performances like this from playoff caliber teams.

JC at some point it has to be draining as a QB when you have nothing around you. When your WR's almost NEVER make their Hot reads I mean he must feel like hes playing with a bunch of idiots. WR's making the wrong cut or running a poor lazy route.This is why Players like Gates get cut from other teams and are on the field with the Jets continuing to play poorly.

Do we have one player on this offense that can make something happen out of nothing ? You know make a play like Jammal Charles made yesterday ? Or a play like Jones Drew made ? or a WR that can take a screen to the house ? Its seems to me if Sanchez is not making the play nothing happens, ever. When you have a game where WR's are being pressed and cant break that press and your constantly having to thread the needle it takes a toll and you dont get in rhythm it magnify's those wide open misses that all QB's have, and makes them even more damning. I mean I saw someone bitch Sanchez out for Missing Cumberland in the endzone when he threw the ball falling to the ground while being tackled. If he makes that play it would have been considerd a great play but because he missed it well he just sucks and hes Mark Sanchez.

Im telling you now JC this is NOT going to get better out of nowhere. There is NOT going to be the epiphany some think may happen. This offense always lacks in one way or another and now unfortunately its the running game. When we did have a running game 3 years ago (the first year Rex was here) we went into th season with NO ONE at WR and had to make a deal for Edwards week 4 ....... at the end of that season and into the playoffs Sanchez was playing well. Then the next year we signed Holmes and had both him and Edwards along with a good running game and Sanchez played well and played fantastic in the playoffs. The Jets handled that by dumping his favorite WR and signing the cancer to 50 Mil contract and signing 2 more cancers in Burress and Mason. These moves are not just bad they are freaking Comical along with our answer at RB being a washed up LT. That along with our head coach not knowing WTF was going on in his own locker room..... I mean how dysfunctional do you have to be ? At least we got the 12 men on the field penalties worked out this year LOL .

I promise you this will not get better this year and our offense will continue to suck, if you want to blame that on Sanchez be my guest but I guarantee you its going to happen. Will there be the game mixed in here and there that usually gives the Jets fan some hope and let them think for a second we have some talent ? Sure there will. Its what Jets fans live for. Its what they thrive on and then it all goes away the next week and they are lookin at the TV with that Dumb Jets fan look. Why ? Because good players are consistently good..... sure a guy like Holmes can put up Huge numbers one week, so can Hill for that matter, but what happens the next week and the week after that ? You know they have the talent but It just does not happen again .... Same thing with Sanchez. They are all a product of their own inconsistency. Im one who happens to think its the entire offense not just the QB.

Do we have one player on this offense that can make something happen out of nothing ? You know make a play like Jammal Charles made yesterday ? Or a play like Jones Drew made ? or a WR that can take a screen to the house ? Its seems to me if Sanchez is not making the play nothing happens, ever.

So, the Kerley catch and run doesn't count?

Or, was that all Sanchez?

I just don't comprehend how someone who is IN CHARGE OF THROWING THE BALL TO OTHER PEOPLE isn't responsible for "making plays". Somehow holmes getting open in the OT was all Sanchez as well I'm sure. Or Folk hitting the winner. Or the pick 6,.

who hit him in stride ? both guys made the play .... This is not the type of play Im talking about. Im talking about being a threat around the LOS making something happen putting fear in a defense on a screen play wr or rb .

I dont want to take away from Kerley I think hes turning into a fine player. The players I mentioned which are all RB's (of which we have ZERO) and more what I was looking for.

who hit him in stride ? both guys made the play .... This is not the type of play Im talking about. Im talking about being a threat around the LOS making something happen putting fear in a defense on a screen play wr or rb .

I dont want to take away from Kerley I think hes turning into a fine player. The players I mentioned which are all RB's (of which we have ZERO) and more what I was looking for.

I'd like to know who are the terrifying RB's in this league as per your opinion.

No question it is. Our RB's are average at best and with our best player on D out, this team will go as far as Sanchez takes them unfortunately. It's going to be a long year isn't it?

yes it is. now watch the jets go lay one on the Niners and the Texans then lose to 5 sh*t teams on the back end of the schedule . Thats so Jets

I'd like to know who are the terrifying RB's in this league as per your opinion.

There are plenty of them whats your point ? I can give you a part timer that would transform this offense Darren Sproles Imagine the pressure he would take off Sanchez How about Maurice Jones Drew ? How about any damn RB who can catch the football better than Shonn Greene or make a tackler miss ? Im not asking for much just anything at all.

There are plenty of them whats your point ? I can give you a part timer that would transform this offense Darren Sproles Imagine the pressure he would take off Sanchez How about Maurice Jones Drew ? How about any damn RB who can catch the football better than Shonn Greene or make a tackler miss ? Im not asking for much just anything at all.

Darren sproles would "transform" this offense? It's not like he was a baller in SD. Sure, he did well there but he had Rivers tossing him the ball. You don't think that perhaps the scheme he's in with the QB tossing him the ball has more to do with his "threat" presence?

MJD is a great RB. Mind telling me how many winning teams he's been on? How about Blaine Gabbert? Seems to be THRIVING with MJD back there.

Please continue. I'm trying to logically approach this argument.

This is bizarre. It's like you dont even want to upgrade at the position because you enjoy Sanchez playing like crap every week.

The perception of the Jets is that they dont have any speed/talent at the skill positions....its true. I realize the weapons joke and everything comes down to Sanchez....but the backs on the team are pretty poor.

All offseason I was screaming F G&P, let Mark Sanchez throw the Fing ball like the Colts are doing now with Luck, its not his fault the franchise thought they had a SB winning team in 09, and went out, and did the stupid thing in drafting a rookie Qb to start, and be the SB winning QB from year 1, when you draft a QB as high as Sanchez was taken you have to realize you are gonna go through a lot of growing pains in the first couple of years, unfortunatly for Sanchez he was not allowed to make those mistakes like a lot of other rookie QB's were IE Luck, he had to hand the ball off 40 times a game, and was expected to NEVER turn the ball over from day 1 as a rookie QB at the ripe age of 22 yea thats real ****ing fair.

Sanchez is 3 years behind IMO, he really didn't have to be if the Jets went out, and got a competent O-coordinator year 1, and let Sanchez be a rookie, and make those mistakes then, and POSSIBLY those could be behind him now, and he could be in the 2nd level QB tier in this league.

Like Slats said hopefully the Jets will sling the ball all over the lot, and we will find out A LOT more in what we have with Sanchez, and can make a true evaluation off the rest of the season with him having the game on his shoulders, instead of Rex putting it on the D's shoulders each, and every week.

Like Slats I have, and still will be rooting for this kid to succeed as the QB of the New York Jets, hopefully we will be all talking about who we want at RB 1 next offseason not who we want at QB1.

This is bizarre. It's like you dont even want to upgrade at the position because you enjoy Sanchez playing like crap every week.

The perception of the Jets is that they dont have any speed/talent at the skill positions....its true. I realize the weapons joke and everything comes down to Sanchez....but the backs on the team are pretty poor.

My point is that having a top tier RB does not equate an improvement at RB. My main issue with the Sanchez camp is their willingness to pass the blame elsewhere. The argument itself is borderline retarded. Of course Jamaal Charles, MJD, or AP are BETTER than what we have. So is Rodger, Brees and Brady at QB. Wouldn't our run game be more productive with a better QB like those 3 because it'd open up running lanes instead of people stacking the box? The argument can be flip-flopped.

My point is that having a top tier RB does not equate an improvement at RB. My main issue with the Sanchez camp is their willingness to pass the blame elsewhere. The argument itself is borderline retarded. Of course Jamaal Charles, MJD, or AP are BETTER than what we have. So is Rodger, Brees and Brady at QB. Wouldn't our run game be more productive with a better QB like those 3 because it'd open up running lanes instead of people stacking the box? The argument can be flip-flopped.

Of course. Better passing game would help tremendously. Im not even in this Sanchez camp,he was brutal yesterday. But...christ Shonn Greene get him off the field. He's brutal.

It comes down to drafting. The Jets stink at it....we cant find a back? Shonn Greene wouldnt be a serviceable player like you guys like to call him on any team in the league. Greene doesnt turn into Walter Payton on the Packers.

Darren sproles would "transform" this offense? It's not like he was a baller in SD. Sure, he did well there but he had Rivers tossing him the ball. You don't think that perhaps the scheme he's in with the QB tossing him the ball has more to do with his "threat" presence?

MJD is a great RB. Mind telling me how many winning teams he's been on? How about Blaine Gabbert? Seems to be THRIVING with MJD back there.

Please continue. I'm trying to logically approach this argument.

Wait your quoting me Phillip Rivers now ? Hows he done since they started gutting his talent ? Since the demise of LT the loss of Sproles and the loss of Jackson and Gates being Hobbled how come Philip Rivers has been going down the drain.

Of course Sproles is doing better now that they are dumping him the ball in New Orleans but thats just it the guy is a threat to score from anywhere on the field and he had one of the best years for an all around back in history last year along with 90 catches. You think adding that type player had nothing to do with Brees insane year ? taking nothing away from Brees of course but really all he did was dump the ball to Sproles not to mention all his other backs can catch the football as well so they are never predictable having to bring in a 3rd down back. Predictability hurts an offense N.O. can come at you with 3 different RB's .

I know you have to see how a great duel threat RB can concern a defense and make them have to game plan around that and how it can open up an offense

I am not in any camp other than the Jets camp.

I think anyone who does not think Sanchez needs to do a better job than he has when he has an opportunity is not being honest.

At the same time, ignoring the horsesh*t that he is playing with, and saying he should rise above it is blind hatred.

First FKNG play of the game, WR runs the wrong route, first play!

WTF is that, that play should have been scripted and executed 30 times.

Do you know how bad that sh*t is?

WRs running bad routes all over the place, playing with 10 on offense instead of 11 (Tebow as a WR), dropped passes, etc.

New system, no running game whatsoever, WR;s not getting off the line.

Football is a team game, it's not a QB game.

QB can only do so much.

And I don't give a sh*t what anyone says, Schotty was the wrong guy to develop Sanchez, and he may never recover from that.

That is on Rex.

Wait your quoting me Phillip Rivers now ? Hows he done since they started gutting his talent ? Since the demise of LT the loss of Sproles and the loss of Jackson and Gates being Hobbled how come Philip Rivers has been going down the drain.

Of course Sproles is doing better now that they are dumping him the ball in New Orleans but thats just it the guy is a threat to score from anywhere on the field and he had one of the best years for an all around back in history last year along with 90 catches. You think adding that type player had nothing to do with Brees insane year ? taking nothing away from Brees of course but really all he did was dump the ball to Sproles not to mention all his other backs can catch the football as well so they are never predictable having to bring in a 3rd down back. Predictability hurts an offense N.O. can come at you with 3 different RB's .

I know you have to see how a great duel threat RB can concern a defense and make them have to game plan around that and how it can open up an offense

24-33 231 1 TD

24-32 284 3 TD 1 INT

21-38 173 0td 2 int

So he's had 2 good games and 1 horrible game. His running back was injured the 1st 2 games of the season and came back and was terrible again. So he's had no RB either. I'm not sure how you can look at those #'s and start pounding your chest about how terrible Rivers is.

I'm not disagreeing with you on the notion that a dual threat RB is a good thing. I'm disagreeing that having one would make Sanchez any better.

Of course. Better passing game would help tremendously. Im not even in this Sanchez camp,he was brutal yesterday. But...christ Shonn Greene get him off the field. He's brutal.

It comes down to drafting. The Jets stink at it....we cant find a back? Shonn Greene wouldnt be a serviceable player like you guys like to call him on any team in the league. Greene doesnt turn into Walter Payton on the Packers.

Tanny is not free of blame. Lot's of things coming home to roost this season. Sanchez being the most glaring.

I'm not disagreeing with you on the notion that a dual threat RB is a good thing. I'm disagreeing that having one would make Sanchez any better.

Sanchez is what he is. Its about making the team better. This notion here that football is one QB vs 11 defenders has really taken off. Its still a team sport. Having guys who can make plays(ie not Shonn Greene) would certainly benefit everyone.

Sanchez is what he is. Its about making the team better. This notion here that football is one QB vs 11 defenders has really taken off. Its still a team sport. Having guys who can make plays(ie not Shonn Greene) would certainly benefit everyone.

But at the same time you have to look at things like the rule changes. This league is built upon having a QB that can get people the ball. You have some teams that have these QB's having a down year, Brady and Brees at this stage. But then look at guys like Matty Ryan and Schaub who have stepped it up.

It's been a combination of error's. At this stage you'd need to rebuild the entire team from the ground up with out building the team around Sanchez to make up for it's deficiencies but rather have a team making up for his. As a GM, don't you think it sounds harder to have to acquire like 4-6 players to make a team good rather than one EXCELLENT player that elevates the rest? Thats' why people take QB's in the first. This is it for Sanchez- and I'm in the camp that the #'s have told us the future and that he's nothing more than just a dude.

Archived