Is it all on Sanchez now?

slats

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course. The Jets swung and missed on Sanchez. But Tanny has done an awful job in getting quality players here. The Falcons went all in on Julio. Matt Ryan passing to Holmes and Kerley isnt lighting up the league like he is now.

Tannenbaum is the biggest problem...or even Woody....there's really zero direction here at all. Its pretty obvious. Throwing out this level of talent in a new stadium is embarrassing. The product stinks.

WAIT... WHAT????

Why do we argue all the time?

Sanchez and Tannenbaum... Two biggest problems on this team. You pick the order... Who cares? Both need to go.

Its always been on Sanchez. This injury doesnt change that. The Defense sucks with Revis and teams have been winning SB's for a long time without his caliber talent at CB. Most teams dont have someone as good as Cro in their entire secondary.

Now he has to be the best player on the team. It was too much to ask when Revis was in the line up...but now, there's no excuses because the rest of the team sucks donkey balls.

wasn't it you just last week arguing with me about the defense sucking?

WAIT... WHAT????

Why do we argue all the time?

Sanchez and Tannenbaum... Two biggest problems on this team. You pick the order... Who cares? Both need to go.

It's amazing, Tanny was able to bring in some real talent when Mangini was here.

The all the suddn Rex comes in and Tanny and co forgot how to draft??

And Teflon Rexy gets yet another free pass from the fanbase.

It's amazing, Tanny was able to bring in some real talent when Mangini was here.

And Teflon Rexy gets yet another free pass from the fanbase.

rex is boss . Tannenbaum did a ok job this year... why does everyone forget about safties and again if we had luck griffin or even ponder right now i think wed be in great shape

Not really. Rex came in and we won, and therefore didn't get to pick, say 4th (where we got D'Brickashaw Ferguson). It also hindered our ability to trade up into the 1st round (a la Revis, Mangold, Keller) as easily.

Once Tannenbaum and company had to do the real nitty gritty drafting that the successul franchises do, they couldn't match up. While teams like the Packers and Ravens are able to sit at the back end of the draft board and scoop up guys who end up outplaying their draft slot, we flailed.

The Vlad Ducasse pick was especially egregious. In some ways Gholston was more forgivable, given that many considered that to be the no-brainer pick. Ducasse was a raw project OT, which is a pick you simply don't make. The fact that we had him as a 1st round grade? Ridiculous, inconceivable.

Not really. Rex came in and we won, and therefore didn't get to pick, say 4th (where we got D'Brickashaw Ferguson). It also hindered our ability to trade up into the 1st round (a la Revis, Mangold, Keller) as easily.

Once Tannenbaum and company had to do the real nitty gritty drafting that the successul franchises do, they couldn't match up. While teams like the Packers and Ravens are able to sit at the back end of the draft board and scoop up guys who end up outplaying their draft slot, we flailed.

The Vlad Ducasse pick was especially egregious. In some ways Gholston was more forgivable, given that many considered that to be the no-brainer pick. Ducasse was a raw project OT, which is a pick you simply don't make. The fact that we had him as a 1st round grade? Ridiculous, inconceivable.

And Rex takes no blame in that?

And Revis was in the teens after a trade up, Mangold late in the first round.

I'm not buying it.

Rex won with Manginis talent, the talent has gone way down since Rex took over.

It's a matter of risk vs reward at this point. Use the excuse that he still hasn't been given enough and you're essentially agreeing to commit another 2 years after this one to him. Even if they retool for next year and he still sucks, the time to gel argument will ensue and the organization would be too far into the hand that they'd have to hang their hat on that notion. And that's one heck of a matzah ball to be grasping on to.

I think we're at the point where no matter what reasons one wants to argue; bad coaching, , lack of weapons, bad overall development, or just the notion that he may have not been that good of a prospect to begin with...etc., whatever's your pleasure, have at it. It's all pointless from here on out. Kid's damaged goods. I really thought Sparano might have been at least able to cure the doofus games he throws up every other week or so, but if that's not even a possibility then who gives a sh*t what the reasons are anymore. It's time to move on.

The one little tiny blip of good news is that Sanchez is throwing the ball downfield. Even with his crappy 46% passing yesterday, he still comes out of that game with a 6.8 ypa. He had one ugly pick, one where the WR really didn't do his job, but overall I think he's protecting the ball better. His TD% is above his career number, and his int% is lower. His QBR is higher as a result, despite his lower comp%. Take away some of the ugly drops, and his numbers might look respectable.

100% agreed. Who cares why at this point? We need to fix it. Sanchez will never succeed here unless he does it THIS year. That's it.

This is where I was with Sanchez before Revis got hurt. It's just amplified now.

The one little tiny blip of good news is that Sanchez is throwing the ball downfield. Even with his crappy 46% passing yesterday, he still comes out of that game with a 6.8 ypa. He had one ugly pick, one where the WR really didn't do his job, but overall I think he's protecting the ball better. His TD% is above his career number, and his int% is lower. His QBR is higher as a result, despite his lower comp%. Take away some of the ugly drops, and his numbers might look respectable.

I will say that Sanchez is throwing downfield more often and with some effectiveness, something we've wanted to see out of him for a while. Agreed.

And Rex takes no blame in that?

Yes, the fact that he was on board with the Ducasse pick is damning. But ultimately the GM makes the final decisions. Rex didn't want Stephen Hill, but we got him anyways. It's not like the HC spends his time on Saturday's watching college football.

I simply don't think it's justifiable to say that Rex's arrival and a downgrade in our drafting abilities can be put on Rex. You can blame him for the 8-8 season last year for sure. But what else is there to a GM's job description beyond bringing in talent?

Yes. Exactly...and that's ALL you see of them. ESPN only shows the "high"lights. They take the 60 minute game and clip out one or two really nice plays or really bad plays and that's how we make our comparisons. We compare Sanchez' entire game...focusing on the bad because we're Jet fans...against every other QBs touchdowns.

There's no way you could watch the entire Jet game AND every other game..unless you are at home studying films. So, out of the game's we've played--Did he outplay Fitzgerald? Did he outplay Tannehill? How about that pick six? lol That's all you need to worry about. Stop comparing him to highlights. I can throw up a youtube montage that will make Sanchez look like Montana. We're 2-1. And in the fourth quarter we always have a chance.

FYI- Other QBs miss throws, too. Even the great ones. Eli Manning was 9 for 27 when they "beat" us last year. He missed s few big ones. And I know we see all of the bombs on SC, but they sometimes get overthrown, too. It's the league's dirty little secret

And did he outplay Brady in January, 2011?

You know lance I just don't get it, how do some on here not realize how ****ing hard it is to go on the road, and win a football game, the dolphins kicked the raiders teeth in last week in Miami, the jets got battered in Pitt last week, that same Pitt team goes to Oakland, and loses to them on the road against the same team the Dolphins just beat, ANY road victory in the NFL ugly, pretty, whatever is a good win, I don't get all the doom, and gloom TODAY about Sanchez we played 3 games 2 on the road, and we are 2-1 everyone should be pretty pleased with that fact IMO!

This is where I was with Sanchez before Revis got hurt. It's just amplified now.

I've also noticed how much better he is standing in the pocket instead of bailing at the first sign of trouble, and the willingness to absorb a hit while attempting to complete a pass, the difference in this part of his game is like night, and day compared to the last few years IMO.

anyone get a load of what Seattles press coverage and pass rush is doing to Aaron Rodgers ? Gonna start becoming a trend to battle these pass happy offenses IMO.

Damn we thought Seattle and the Cards would be the easier part of our schedule certainly not looking thayt way now with those defenses

And we can't cut him because of all the guaranteed money we gave him. Great time to be a Jets fan huh.

That's the part that makes little sense to me. I don't like the idea that he isn't really cuttable in 2013. Gives him defacto job security when he needs to be playing for his job this season.

That's the part that makes little sense to me. I don't like the idea that he isn't really cuttable in 2013. Gives him defacto job security when he needs to be playing for his job this season.

It was Done from a position of weakness. Poor money management so they renegotiated with him and even though they saved money they also removed his incentive. Bad trade off.

I hope so.

I had this as a make or break year for Sanchez as it was. Jets have always leaned heavily on their defense, and basically asked their offense not to screw up. Now they need their offense to not only hold onto the football, but to hold onto it across the goal line. Often.

I like the extra pressure on the QB. He's performed well in the playoffs with pressure on him, maybe he games up better with added pressure in the regular season. Obviously, I hope so. This has the potential to be his time. He either grows into the job right now, or he wilts like the delicate flower his detractors say he ultimately is.

I'm rooting for him.

I agree....hopefully he can improve. Go Jets

I'm not saying anything was wrong with the throw. You just said that there was no one who makes plays but Sanchez. Which is unfair.

As for RB's, that's true. But, until we have a QB who can make a defense respect his ability to get the ball to his 'playmakers', we're going to continue to see press coverage and a crowded line of scrimmage. It's literally no different than with Pennington. Not to say we don't need upgrades at the RB position, but the ability to open up the field would go a long way to creating some running lanes and big play opportunities.

Just who are these "playmakers"???? Holmes sometimes?.....not much else. There is just no one at the skill positions that any defense game plans around.

Just who are these "playmakers"???? Holmes sometimes?.....not much else. There is just no one at the skill positions that any defense game plans around.

Point is, regardless of their ability levels, we struggle to get the ball in their hands at all. We don't have great talent, but it's not abysmal either. This year is probably the worst, but it's not like we've seen a drop off, we're seeing the exact same thing we've seen since the beginning.

Point is, regardless of their ability levels, we struggle to get the ball in their hands at all. We don't have great talent, but it's not abysmal either. This year is probably the worst, but it's not like we've seen a drop off, we're seeing the exact same thing we've seen since the beginning.

Your hatred blinds you.

Please provide objective measures demonstrating Sanchez is not a bottom of the league QB. Thanks!

Well, his playoff record/play has been very good, throw in the fact that it was on the road makes it that much more impressive.

Other than that, I will tell you that having played and watching football for most of my life, I think he has been dealt a nearly impossible situation to succeed in 2011 and this year. I think very few QBs would have looked good in the same situation

Well, his playoff record/play has been very good, throw in the fact that it was on the road makes it that much more impressive.

Other than that, I will tell you that having played and watching football for most of my life, I think he has been dealt a nearly impossible situation to succeed in 2011 and this year. I think very few QBs would have looked good in the same situation

He was a first round pick qb, that we traded a lot up for, with the 5th ranked defense and he couldn't make the playoffs. He sucks, plain and simple. The team carried his ass all throughout the playoffs and if we had Brett Farve in 2009, we probably would have made the superbowl. Face it, Sanchez sucks, it's his fourth year in the league and he plays worse than rookies. Ask yourself this, would Sanchez be starting on most of the other teams in the NFL?

He was a first round pick qb, that we traded a lot up for, with the 5th ranked defense and he couldn't make the playoffs. He sucks, plain and simple. The team carried his ass all throughout the playoffs and if we had Brett Farve in 2009, we probably would have made the superbowl. Face it, Sanchez sucks, it's his fourth year in the league and he plays worse than rookies. Ask yourself this, would Sanchez be starting on most of the other teams in the NFL?

Are we talking about the same Favre who got Mangini fired the year before, for playing horribly down the stretch?

And Sanchez should not have even been starting in 09, and he played well in the playoffs.

Archived