Holmes out weeks...Jets not sure what the problem is

shawn306

Delayed Santonio diagnosis likely isn’t good news

Posted by Mike Florio on October 2, 2012, 11:46 AM EDT

On Monday, Jets receiver Santonio Holmes underwent an MRI exam on his injured foot. The team said only that he’ll miss “weeks.”

It’s now nearly Tuesday afternoon, and there has been no definitive word regarding the specific injury.

In this regard, no news is likely bad news.

We’ll still wait for the official diagnosis, but if there were good news it would be news by now. Chances are that it’s bad news (as in possibly season-ending news), and that the Jets want to line up a replacement via trade or free agency before it’s known to the world that they have no leverage.

The free-agent cupboard is limited to guys like Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, and Plaxico Burress. The other possibility would be to look at every team’s depth chart at receiver, and to see if anyone has someone who isn’t being used like he could be.

Yeah, those sly jets will pull a fast one, before any other team is even aware that Holmes is out.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The free-agent cupboard is limited to guys like Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, and Plaxico Burress.

I say bring in all three. Sanchez will be reduced to a weeping mess in a matter of hours, and the resulting media circus/internet meme explosion should be enough to get rid of him once and for all.

Yeah, those sly jets will pull a fast one, before any other team is even aware that Holmes is out.

They're screwed on offense. The free agent list reads like the American Journal of Infectious Diseases, and no one's going to trade the Jets a decent player. Or, if there was a willingness, it would only be to extract yet more picks from Tannenbaum that he can't afford to give up - and for what? To have Sanchez or Tebow throw them the ball?

I hope they're scouring practice squads, but that's about it.

T.O is wiped out.

Plax shot himself in the foot with his stay last season.

Chad is the only option. I hate to say it but that's what you get from mid-season draft.

Other than that you can try and raid some teams P.S where they are trying to hide a WR for future use. Much like the Laurent Robinson scenario.

In the pendulum that swings from player coach to hard-ass, the Jets are about to have to go hard-ass again. Does Mangini have a brother?

Pendulum will swing at the center of attention

Just another day another condescension

Mock you, Shock you

Gonna Lock you down.

Pendulum will shift with a little bit of pressure

Move too slow and the pendulum will get you.

Show you, mow you, gonna throw you around.

PRE-CHORUS:

You did the crime, but not the time

Now you gotta pay

for what you done You better run

Ive had all I can take

of all your screaming in my ear

My back is gonna break

if you push me one more time.

CHORUS:

My hearts getting heavy,

My bloods getting cold

You changed me into something

that I just cant control.

If you see me comin

Best get out of my way,

Cause the pendulum is swinging back the other way.

VERSE 2:

Pendulum can take only so much yelling

What hell do next theres no telling Bump you, chump you

gonna dump you out.

Pendulum will break under too much tension

Breakin' down the walls of my detention.

Wreckin ballin, kingdom fallin down

PRE-CHORUS:

You did the crime, but not the time

Now you gotta pay

for what you done You better run

Ive had all I can take

of all your screaming in my ear

My back is gonna break

if you push me one more time.

CHORUS:

My hearts getting heavy,

My bloods getting cold

You changed me into something

that I just cant control.

If you see me comin

Best get out of my way,

Cause the pendulum is swinging back the other way.

Manish tweeting that the feeling with the Jets is that Holmes is done for the year. If that's the last play of Holmes' Jets career, it really is the perfect microcosm of Tannenbaum's stewardship.

Especially the part where he uses it as an excuse and manages to keep his job another year.

Especially the part where he uses it as an excuse and manages to keep his job another year.

I dunno. It's only week 3 and this place is in full meltdown mode. I've been avoiding ESPN like the plague but I assume they're all over the Jets as well. Woody loves Tannenbaum for sure but he also doesn't like egg on his face. He'll probably do something impulsively and we can only hope that it involves firing the GM.

T.O is wiped out.

Plax shot himself in the foot with his stay last season.

Chad is the only option. I hate to say it but that's what you get from mid-season draft.

Other than that you can try and raid some teams P.S where they are trying to hide a WR for future use. Much like the Laurent Robinson scenario.

Could not disagree more. TO can't catch but he is still in great shape and can at least threaten a defense. Ocho is and has been done for 2 years.

I dunno. It's only week 3 and this place is in full meltdown mode. I've been avoiding ESPN like the plague but I assume they're all over the Jets as well. Woody loves Tannenbaum for sure but he also doesn't like egg on his face. He'll probably do something impulsively and we can only hope that it involves firing the GM.

Fingers crossed!

Whatever, I'd rather see Kerley get more playing time and see what he can do, since he's actually gonna be on the team for a couple more years. It's not as if the offense could score less than 0 points, so I'd rather just see who to keep and who to dump as opposed to bringing in the ole metaphorical cancerous band-aides.

This could be a good thing for sanchez

Hear me out, When Eli lost Shockey he lost a diva Tight End who would scream at him to get him the ball every pass play, Shockey was visibly critical on the field every time Eli had a bad pass... just like Holmes.

Addition by Subtraction not talent wise, but in atmosphere

Hear me out, When Eli lost Shockey he lost a diva Tight End who would scream at him to get him the ball every pass play, Shockey was visibly critical on the field every time Eli had a bad pass... just like Holmes.

It's possible. After last week's abortion of a game, I really don't think we could have a worse showing even without Holmes. Then again, Houston's defense with JJ Watt and Co. is just as nasty as san fran's, if not moreso at getting after the QB, so it should be a fun monday night on national television.

Re Holmes' Contract: If i have this correct, we're on the hook for 7.5 million next season, regardless if he's on the team or not. Is that nullified if he's traded?? Not that it's likely, just curious.

Be careful what you wish for.

Remember, the jackass firing the GM will be the same jackass hiring or even worse promoting the new one.

Actually you are making sense.

If only we had a quarterback on the roster who has shown an ability to win games without using wide receivers.

LOL. The problem there is that QB can't win games without WR AND RBs. That's where Greene 2.8 being utter garbage really bites the Jets in the ass. The spread option Tebow runs only works if there are, you know, real options. Defenses laugh now when he hands it off to Greene and with no WRs to throw to, they key off on Tebow.

Could not disagree more. TO can't catch but he is still in great shape and can at least threaten a defense. Ocho is and has been done for 2 years.

T.O was cut from the Seahawks in the first rounds of cuts by the Seahawks.

Chad was projected to make the Dolphins roster before his wife found rubber in his car.

Just saying.

Archived