Only Saints cough up more rushing yards than Rex's 2nd to last place defense

NJ

172 yards a game average. And for the first time in quite awhile, I can notice a difference on the field. Guys don't "hawk" to the ball - no where near the intensity that you see with GB, Seattle, the Bears, hell even the crummy Fish. This is something that can change within this season - and it needs to.

There is a huge lack of intensity and urgency on this team.....this stems from leadership or lack thereof.

The players on this team for the most part are the same players that were here in 08/09/10/11.....there is no excuse.

The coaching is horrible. The game preparation is horrible. The in game adjustments are horrible. And the drafts are/were horrible. And its a shame.

And it started in the second half of the Bills game.

I am afraid to say it but Rex has reached his limit. Thats the truth and a direct result of what you see on the field.

Yes the defense does not get a free ride for their poor perfomeance against the run so far

im giving the D a free ride. 6 3 and outs, 2 interceptions and 1 fumble. all before the Holmes give up play. The offense puts the defense in horrible situations and the defense is the only halfway decent part of this team. Wait that's not true. the punter is also okay. But generally I blame the offense. this is the NFL points will be scored. Except by the Jets offense.

This run D has started and ended with Scott and Pouha since day one of the Rex era. Pouha had a very slow start last year and I think he'll come around, but Scott is pretty much toast. Thomas also isn't nearly the player that he was and Harris might very well be the most overpaid LB in the league. Pace has been great against the pass but he's clearly lost some of his pop when engaging OL and that's probably just a product of aging more than anything else.

This is what happens when you run a 3-4 and don't draft to continuously reinforce your LB's.

This run D has started and ended with Scott and Pouha since day one of the Rex era. Pouha had a very slow start last year and I think he'll come around, but Scott is pretty much toast. Thomas also isn't nearly the player that he was and Harris might very well be the most overpaid LB in the league. Pace has been great against the pass but he's clearly lost some of his pop when engaging OL and that's probably just a product of aging more than anything else.

This is what happens when you run a 3-4 and don't draft to continuously reinforce your LB's.

I hear that and agree - why isn't Davis on the field? These guys watch film.

I hear that and agree - why isn't Davis on the field? These guys watch film.

My guess is that he's simply not ready. He only saw a handful of snaps against San Fran and I thought he looked really lost. The early word was that he was being groomed to replace Scott and that's a pretty complicated position to play. Not easy to transition into at all.

im giving the D a free ride. 6 3 and outs, 2 interceptions and 1 fumble. all before the Holmes give up play. The offense puts the defense in horrible situations and the defense is the only halfway decent part of this team. Wait that's not true. the punter is also okay. But generally I blame the offense. this is the NFL points will be scored. Except by the Jets offense.

I actually agree. The defense was doing its job...even getting the offense good field position on occasion. It should have been at least a 7-3 game going into the half. Not much more you can ask of your defense. Then they forced a couple punts and Sanchez throws the ball to another defensive lineman.

The defense gave the offense plenty of opportunities on Sunday.

I actually agree. The defense was doing its job...even getting the offense good field position on occasion. It should have been at least a 7-3 game going into the half. Not much more you can ask of your defense. Then they forced a couple punts and Sanchez throws the ball to another defensive lineman.

The defense gave the offense plenty of opportunities on Sunday.

I also see this point and i have to agree that at some point the defense is going to say WTF is going on over here with the offense, perhaps that's exactly whats going on. I really hope it is and we can fix somethings. I don't want this season going in the toilet.

Archived