Mark Sanchez chooses not to hear Tebow's footsteps.....

BlackDynamite

"I've messed up out there and put Mark in bad situations," Schilens said. "Other guys have, too. It's a team game. You see Mark out there with a bad completion percentage, but that's only half the story at most."

P

"I've messed up out there and put Mark in bad situations," Schilens said. "Other guys have, too. It's a team game. You see Mark out there with a bad completion percentage, but that's only half the story at most."

P

Sanchez doesn't get any more mulligans.

It's Year 4, Week 5, and he missed plenty of passes last week.....

BD

Sanchez doesn't get any more mulligans.

It's Year 4, Week 5, and he missed plenty of passes last week.....

BD

Actually, his missed passes is what is really killing him this year, more so than poor receiving corps.

Yesterday I read on ESPNNY that Sanchez leads the NFL in "off-target incompletions", basically missed throws, at 35.

Sanchez has 128 attempts thus far. If he had a slight drop of off-target incompletions to 20, meaning 15 more on-target throws and completions, guess what his completion percentage would be? 61%

I believe the issue is more mechanical than anything and I still have to wonder what the hell Matt Cavanagh is doing as the QB coach. Those extra 15 completions are doable.

It's not the WRs (who do suck), it's Sanchez. Even with the drops, he could vastly improve his efficiency by making better throws. That must be dealth with before anything else.

Actually, his missed passes is what is really killing him this year, more so than poor receiving corps.

Yesterday I read on ESPNNY that Sanchez leads the NFL in "off-target incompletions", basically missed throws, at 35.

Sanchez has 128 attempts thus far. If he had a slight drop of off-target incompletions to 20, meaning 15 more on-target throws and completions, guess what his completion percentage would be? 61%

I believe the issue is more mechanical than anything and I still have to wonder what the hell Matt Cavanagh is doing as the QB coach. Those extra 15 completions are doable.

It's not the WRs (who do suck), it's Sanchez. Even with the drops, he could vastly improve his efficiency by making better throws. That must be dealth with before anything else.

Why bring Tebow in, who needs A LOT of work as a QB, and not get a better QB coach than Cavanaugh?

BD

Why bring Tebow in, who needs A LOT of work as a QB, and not get a better QB coach than Cavanaugh?

BD

Because the Jets are dumb?

They've royally screwed up the QB situation over the last 7 years.

I am not defending Sanchez here, he has been absolutely terrible this year, but why is it that every analyst on the planet won't place full blame on him because of lack of weapons, which we CLEARLY have, and so many of the football geniuses here still refuse to recognize this. I truly believe Sanchez is a little lower on the list of our problems then people will recognize. No running back, no #1 or #2 receivers, no tight end.....what QB would succeed in this situation? Seriously outside of maybe the top three QBs in this league, none of them would!

I am not defending Sanchez here, he has been absolutely terrible this year, but why is it that every analyst on the planet won't place full blame on him because of lack of weapons, which we CLEARLY have, and so many of the football geniuses here still refuse to recognize this. I truly believe Sanchez is a little lower on the list of our problems then people will recognize. No running back, no #1 or #2 receivers, no tight end.....what QB would succeed in this situation? Seriously outside of maybe the top three QBs in this league, none of them would!

This is his FOURTH YEAR!

No more excuses! No more coddling! I'm tired of being wet nurse to this guy.

He's missing OPEN GUYS!

BD

This last game against the Niners he looked EXACTLY the same as he did in last year's finale against the Fins.

Same type of interceptions. It's hard for a QB to get picked off IN THE BACKFIELD!

I've seen him do that at least 3 times (@ Ravens, @ Fins, last week)

BD

This is his FOURTH YEAR!

No more excuses! No more coddling! I'm tired of being wet nurse to this guy.

He's missing OPEN GUYS!

BD

I can definitely understand that man but really...there is nobody here to help him succeed. He definitely needs to be held accountable but I bet you if they quit on him he goes somewhere else that actually gives him weapons and he succeeds. You cant ignore the offense ( aside from drafting Hill, who could turn out to be something) and think your QB, who is mediocre at best, will succeed.

And who would take his place ? Tebow ? Tebow was a novelty act last season. Not many teams had figured out how to defend the option play. Now thats no longer the case. I have never seen a QB that bad in short to intermediate throws. Its like he was playing catch with the turf. If Sanchez in replaced than i give Tebow 2 games before the world figures out we do not have a backup QB and those picks and money were wasted!

I can definitely understand that man but really...there is nobody here to help him succeed. He definitely needs to be held accountable but I bet you if they quit on him he goes somewhere else that actually gives him weapons and he succeeds. You cant ignore the offense ( aside from drafting Hill, who could turn out to be something) and think your QB, who is mediocre at best, will succeed.

Then he should be smart enough to ask management to send him somewhere else, if it's not working out. If he's not the problem, then it's the team. Get a change of scenery. Take an interest in your career......

Should Jets fans wait 6 years for him to improve? Ten years?

BD

Then he should be smart enough to ask management to send him somewhere else, if it's not working out. If he's not the problem, then it's the team. Get a change of scenery. Take an interest in your career......

Should Jets fans wait 6 years for him to improve? Ten years?

BD

No but its a little scary that many believe he is the problem. Its kinda like the whole Schotty thing, if we get rid of him you really think we're going to be better? Because I sure as hell don't. I don't want Tim Tebow as our damn QB. That would be a band aid. I don't really know what the answer is.

They need to focus on offense in the next draft! This is an offensive league and the quicker they figure that out the better.

Because the Jets are dumb?

They've royally screwed up the QB situation over the last 7 years.

Sanchez is turning out to be a bust, but you never know how things will turn out when you draft someone, look at that 7th round pick from Meechigan. Who really knew he'd grow up to marry a supermodel.

All I remember hearing is how muuch the players love playing for Rex, but they aren't proving it on the field.

Archived