Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

C (some ok talent no real superstar / heck we missed badly with sanchez even)

B ( I think our talent was good on defense past couple years/ offense was good enough just didnt have a QB to be a playmaker)

B- (Wrs meh kerley looks good and hill looks to be a solid starter eventually / D line average starters which is kinda what u get from mid round picks )

B- (new offensive coordinator now and i kinda like what hes doing players are getting open in passing game. We could use a better run blocking scheme)

A- (our players are in position to make plays but are missing the tackles. Upgrade the line backers and we will look really good on D)

F (An F because we need to go into rebuilding mode)

You are a generous grader, but so be it.

From a coach who says he wants to get after the QB, they sure come up short. Let alone the disgrace they are in stopping the run. If we do not have Rex Ryan here for defense, what do we have him here for?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a coach who says he wants to get after the QB, they sure come up short. Let alone the disgrace they are in stopping the run. If we do not have Rex Ryan here for defense, what do we have him here for?

hah maybe little generous

again tho i think Rex is getting his players in position to make plays they are just coming up short. missed tackles in the backfield are not his fault. If we had a top 5 pick we could use on a pass rusher then yes we would have someone dominant but walking away with a solid starter from a mid 1st pick isnt the worst thing in the world.

something along the lines of "We almost had it and it just happen".. not the answer I was looking for either but he only got defensive when the reporter kept needling him.

lol well the reporter shoulda harassed him thats not an answer. Everyone had that play except for sanchez hes gotta atleast acknowledge that.

Because what we want is a spineless GM so desperate for a job that he allows the Q-Tip Heir to dictate football decisions. Recipe for success.

Yep. Hate to say it because I love Rex, but the new GM needs complete autonomy on who the HC should be. If he deems that Rex is the best HC for the job, awesome. If not, we move in a new direction.

So five weeks of bad defense makes us forget about 3 years of excellence?

Tell me where I'm wrong.

Sanchez blamed his OL and blamed Cromartie.

Your wrong on so many levels it's not even funny.

Is Sanchez good, absolutely not right now, not even close.

But to say that he is THE problem is not wrong, it's asinine.

He is one of many, many problems.

First off, this team has ZERO playmakers, ZERO!

Our best offensive talent is on the line, and even that is questionable right now.

There is not one guy on offense who is a threat, and that includes but is not limited to the QB's.

When was the last time any Jet offensive player took a routine play, a handoff, a reverse, a short pass, anything and took it to the house???

The Giants do this sometimes multiple times per game, be it the running game, or Cruz or Nicks taking a routine out pass, making 3 guys miss and turning into a 40+ yard TD.

The Jets have NOBODY with that ability.

What does that mean?

Well, it means that to score points, everything needs to be perfect. The line needs to block consistently, the WR's need to run the right route, the QB needs to throw the ball perfectly, and the WR needs to catch the ball, all while having no penalties.

So when Mark does make a bad pass, which he does more than his share of, it is magnified 10X over.

I have news for you, if you watch other QB's, even great QB's, they do this many, many times per game. Brady had 2-3 passes in the SB with no pressure on him that if he makes either of them, the Pats won the SB last year.

Eli does it it MULTIPLE times per game, he threw 3 int's against the lowly Bucs, but as a team they were able to overcome it, why?? Because they are loaded with playmakers.

The difference is other good teams have enough playmakers to overcome.

Rex/Tanny have put zero emphasis on aquiring playmakers, zero! When we drafted a project playmaker in the 2nd round, Rex was annoyed by it.

We don't even draft playmakers on defense! We draft Dlineman on a 3-4 for crying out loud!

It's maddening, the NFL today is all about playmakers. And the Jets have NONE, not at QB, not at WR, not at RB, and certainly not at LB.

This is systemic failure, not single player failure.

Whether you, or any of your other band of SANCHEZ haters wants to admit it, Sanchez is one of many problems on this team.

Short of getting an Elite, Elite QB, nobody is going to have this offense playing much better if any at all.

Let's look at the Cromrartie pass, was it bad, it was AWFUL!

BUT, how many times do you think he has worked with Cromrartie?? I mean really, do you think they have any chemistry whatsoever? He is damn fast, probably faster than any WR on the Jets including Holmes. That has no meaning? You think it's just an automatic that every NFL QB can just throw a deep ball like that with limited experience working with that WR??

And the criticism that he through it too close to the sideline??? Do you even think, I mean really? If he throws that pass more inside and it gets picked off because Cromrartie is not used to playing WR, we are killing him even more.

It does not strike you as crazy that we have our #1 CB going out for passes? Think about that for a second, you don't take that as an inditement on our WR crew?

And again, even the great Eli has several of those a game, I watch every Giants and Jets game, it happens.

But the throw to Cumberland in the EZ for the TD was perfect, he could not have thrown a better pass there, and Cumberland NEARLY dropped that pass!

What you people don't seem to understand is that no QB makes 100% of his throws., NONE!

And I have watched the Cumberland int 10 times now, and for you and your band of haters to call that on Sanchez is ludicrous, absolutely ludicrous.

Cumberland miss timed his jump, and the ball hit him right int he hands.

Absolutely on him, not on Sanchez.

The WR's are often either unable to get off the line, or running a wrong route.

The playcalling is suspect at best, they are forcing Tebow in there with no plan, no goal, no rythm.

There are so many problems, and honestly I am sick of having to defend a QB I don't even really like, and did not want to draft in the first place.

It's not even about defending Sanchez, as much as it is being sick of this idiotic notion that he is THE problem, and that the problems don't run incredibly deep with this team.

Dilfer and Young were 100% correct in what they said, 100%, and everyone on here bashed them for their opinion.

But to point sole blame on him is so absolutely clueless that I question either your football knowledge, or if your level of hatred is making you irrational.

Again, if Brady is available, or Rogers, or Brees, Eli, Big Ben, hell, let's go get them.

But this notion that an Andy Dalton is going to make us a real contender is so stupid it's comical, people should be embarrassed to think like this.

his analysis was spot on i continue to be in disbelief that you actually watch football and or have any idea how football works and continue to think sanchez is good.

Yawn, this is getting boring.

It's sad how many Jets fans are so clueless about football.

It's not 1983 anymore, it's a playmaking league, the Jets have zero playmakers, you are the clueless one.

It's a matter of philosophy and how you build a team. The Niners actually have the same philosophy as the Jets in ground & pound with stout defense. Guess what happened? The Niners do both AND Alex Smith is actually playing well. The same Alex Smith that was a 1st round bust and had a QB rating of 57 in his 3rd yr in the league.

There was a time when nobody in Football was better than the Jets at their "philosophy", hence how they'd overcome and win ball games despite having the worst QB in the league. It was successful. People mock the 2 AFCG's and what not but that's what its about, getting to the game. In the same breath that people knock the Jets, go ahead and knock the Ravens too. A model for consistency but wtf have they accomplished? A bunch of AFCG's and division title here and there - big deal, right?

Truth is, people knock Tanny and Rex for this that and the other and laugh at the ground and pound or whatever...but they built the ground and pound, dominate defense that they claimed to have and at one point were SB contenders to everyone in the NFL. The downfall has been a product of the 3 major things.

1. Trusting that Mark Sanchez would develop into a QB who can mask the areas on the team that were deteriorating.

2. Not adequately preparing for the decline and departure of a couple of key components.

3. Big contracts to sh*t players who at the time, looked like the nucleus of the team.

Thats it. Teams have down years. Players leave, players retire, players get hurt. It happens and your team suffers. Good teams bounce back, regroup and find the right mix of talent. This FO has done it once before, I think they can do it again. IMO an overhaul only sets the Jets back more and more. The reason why the Jets suck while this is happening is because they have the worst QB in the league. Good QB's can keep their teams competitive through those times. Thats the difference. The core of this team is still the same ones who comprised the team nobody wanted to play in the playoffs.

There are other jobs that a good GM will take then, where they do not have a head coach forced upon them.

A proven GM does not accept that deal

Jets were irrelevent under Mangini.. they're the poster children for ESPN under Rex. I think Woody urges the new GM to give Rex at least 1 year.

Since when do unemployed GM's have all the say? You'd think someone looking for gainful employment would be willing to make a couple concessions.

C (some ok talent no real superstar / heck we missed badly with sanchez even)

B ( I think our talent was good on defense past couple years/ offense was good enough just didnt have a QB to be a playmaker)

B- (Wrs meh kerley looks good and hill looks to be a solid starter eventually / D line average starters which is kinda what u get from mid round picks )

B- (new offensive coordinator now and i kinda like what hes doing players are getting open in passing game. We could use a better run blocking scheme)

A- (our players are in position to make plays but are missing the tackles. Upgrade the line backers and we will look really good on D)

F (An F because we need to go into rebuilding mode)

This is absolutely hysterical, I mean, I spit my coffee on my computer reading this, that is how funny it is.

Yawn, this is getting boring.

It's sad how many Jets fans are so clueless about football.

It's not 1983 anymore, it's a playmaking league, the Jets have zero playmakers, you are the clueless one.

most teams have a playmaker in their QB lol. Half your reasons as to why sanchez is good are just ad hominem

what do you want playmakers on offense to do get open? We get the best WR in league and he gets open like cromartie then sanchez underthrows him just like chromartie tell me again how he is good and the other people make him bad?

So five weeks of bad defense makes us forget about 3 years of excellence?

We are all judged by what we are doing today. The fact of the matter is that the Jets re in freefall. That freefall started last year, and by the coaches own admission he lost the locker room.

The coach seems ill equipped to understand what it takes to win in this league, and his players no longer run through the wall for him.

To me, that is the epitome of needing a change at the top.

I understand where your coming from but I dont believe that just because rex says something means its gonna be that way. We have drafted much like every other team in the NFL we didnt pass up some guys to get a player who fits ground and pound so i dont think we are "built" in the literal sense like a ground and pound team.

LOL, JJJ, that's because Tanny sucks as a GM. The HC wants to run a certain system, but the GM fails to acquire players that fit it.

As for smith being like sanchez

1: everyone says that if the 49ers had a better QB they would be unstoppable.

2: smith is a perfect ball protector and completes many passes now / doesnt turn the ball over which i dont see with sanchez.

3: I was a little young to see this stuff but I dont remember but Smith seemed like a football lifer while sanchez loves the modeling / shows and lifestyle of NY

Not really comparing Smith to Sanchez except to the extent that Harbaugh's commitment to work with him and make him a better QB has led him to be an asset to the team. That's not just me saying that, that was what Dilfer and Young were getting at on MNF pregame in how the Jets, in their opinion, have grossly mismanaged the development of a young QB.

We are all judged by what we are doing today. The fact of the matter is that the Jets re in freefall. That freefall started last year, and by the coaches own admission he lost the locker room.

The coach seems ill equipped to understand what it takes to win in this league, and his players no longer run through the wall for him.

To me, that is the epitome of needing a change at the top.

idk man i agree with what jif said.

They did it once with building a dominant team just sanchez didnt pan out which sets it all back. We need to go into rebuilding mode (new lbs and QB and Oline) then i think we can see another dominant team with a chance of a super bowl.

most teams have a playmaker in their QB lol. Half your reasons as to why sanchez is good are just ad hominem

what do you want playmakers on offense to do get open? We get the best WR in league and he gets open like cromartie then sanchez underthrows him just like chromartie tell me again how he is good and the other people make him bad?

Dude, you have SERIOUS reading comprehension problems, and I mean SERIOUS.

Please find one place, just one where I said anything about Sanchez being good, just one.

I have said over and over again, he is one of many problems.

I really suggest you try googling reading comprehension, and try to seek out some serous help.

This is a jets board, no big deal, but if you have this many problems with reading comprehension in real life, you are going to have big problems.

I suggest you spend your time working on this rather than coming here, your time would be much better spent.

There was a time when nobody in Football was better than the Jets at their "philosophy", hence how they'd overcome and win ball games despite having the worst QB in the league. It was successful. People mock the 2 AFCG's and what not but that's what its about, getting to the game. In the same breath that people knock the Jets, go ahead and knock the Ravens too. A model for consistency but wtf have they accomplished? A bunch of AFCG's and division title here and there - big deal, right?

Truth is, people knock Tanny and Rex for this that and the other and laugh at the ground and pound or whatever...but they built the ground and pound, dominate defense that they claimed to have and at one point were SB contenders to everyone in the NFL. The downfall has been a product of the 3 major things.

1. Trusting that Mark Sanchez would develop into a QB who can mask the areas on the team that were deteriorating.

2. Not adequately preparing for the decline and departure of a couple of key components.

3. Big contracts to sh*t players who at the time, looked like the nucleus of the team.

Thats it. Teams have down years. Players leave, players retire, players get hurt. It happens and your team suffers. Good teams bounce back, regroup and find the right mix of talent. This FO has done it once before, I think they can do it again. IMO an overhaul only sets the Jets back more and more. The reason why the Jets suck while this is happening is because they have the worst QB in the league. Good QB's can keep their teams competitive through those times. Thats the difference. The core of this team is still the same ones who comprised the team nobody wanted to play in the playoffs.

Other teams actually fix the areas that are deteriorating on their team. This braintrust, not so much.

They seem to actually be in awe that players get older and less productive in this league.

Woody and Tannenbaum are far bigger problems. You cant just switch owners. You can switch QB's.

And even if Peyton had his head up his ass and decided to come here, this team would still suck. Problems are far deeper than the QB.

Yet, if Woody and Mike had been successful in recruiting Peyton here, they would be heroes..

LOL, JJJ, that's because Tanny sucks as a GM. The HC wants to run a certain system, but the GM fails to acquire players that fit it.

Not really comparing Smith to Sanchez except to the extent that Harbaugh's commitment to work with him and make him a better QB has led him to be an asset to the team. That's not just me saying that, that was what Dilfer and Young were getting at on MNF pregame in how the Jets, in their opinion, have grossly mismanaged the development of a young QB.

yea i heard that too by them but doesnt change the fact i think he is bad lol. Andrew luck has a worse situation in the fact that he has no run game and an awful team around him except he is gonna be better then sanchez. Sanchez was carried along for first couple of years by a dominant D and run game and now when it was his time to step up he failed time to look elsewhere

Dude, you have SERIOUS reading comprehension problems, and I mean SERIOUS.

Please find one place, just one where I said anything about Sanchez being good, just one.

I have said over and over again, he is one of many problems.

I really suggest you try googling reading comprehension, and try to seek out some serous help.

This is a jets board, no big deal, but if you have this many problems with reading comprehension in real life, you are going to have big problems.

I suggest you spend your time working on this rather than coming here, your time would be much better spent.

More Ad hominem - you probably dont know what that is so i suggest you look it up.

and if you really want me to look up all your gushing reviews of sanchez i can cause i distinctly remember your first couple posts here and your love of "sanchize"

but im glad we agree you think sanchez sucks and is one of the biggest problems - stick with that claim

awful D awful running game, againg wide recievers , has to throw 40 times a game to compete. Why not?

Reggie Wayne is a HOF'er. Brown is a better back than Greene is. Drafted two tight ends who are both starting. Brought in a good slot guy in HIlton.

More Ad hominem - you probably dont know what that is so i suggest you look it up.

and if you really want me to look up all your gushing reviews of sanchez i can cause i distinctly remember your first couple posts here and your love of "sanchize"

but im glad we agree you think sanchez sucks and is one of the biggest problems - stick with that claim

Go ahead, find them! Do it, is love to see this, do it.

yea i heard that too by them but doesnt change the fact i think he is bad lol. Andrew luck has a worse situation in the fact that he has no run game and an awful team around him except he is gonna be better then sanchez. Sanchez was carried along for first couple of years by a dominant D and run game and now when it was his time to step up he failed time to look elsewhere

It is debatable whether putting a rookie QB on a veteran team and telling him "don't screw up" rather than "learn from your mistakes" is a good way to develop a QB. That has been Young's points since Sanchez came into the league.

As to Luck, I disagree about your assessment of his situation. It can be argued that it's a good situation to develop a QB because he is allowed to make mistakes and have options in the running and passing game.

It is debatable whether putting a rookie QB on a veteran team and telling him "don't screw up" rather than "learn from your mistakes" is a good way to develop a QB. That has been Young's points since Sanchez came into the league.

As to Luck, I disagree about your assessment of his situation. It can be argued that it's a good situation to develop a QB because he is allowed to make mistakes and have options in the running and passing game.

we didn't have that option tho. we could've won a super bowl if we had a good qbs those years. Sanchez has tasted the playoffs and experienced things I don't think luck will have for a while

I don't know if Rex even knows what he wants to run anymore. He looks that lost. Yeah, there was some general idea after year dos and Tannenbaum seems to have screwed that up royally, but Rex definitely had a hand in that also.

Archived