Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

How quick? He looked very good in playoff games against Indy and SD in his first three years as starter.

Pennington looked very good against Indy in the 2002 playoffs, his 1st year as a starter. Doesn't make him a good QB or even a clutch one. He, much like Sanchez, had almost perfect supporting casts when they had their playoff successes.

The minute the talent level dropped and the league figured them out, they sucked. Pennington showed his true colors in that Oakland game in 2002 (and then the rest of his career) much like Sanchez showed his true colors against Indy in 2009, the Steelers in 2010, and in his entire body of work, especially from 2011-present.

Ugh. Talking about Pennington and Sanchez makes me want to murder my left eye.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pennington looked very good against Indy in the 2002 playoffs, his 1st year as a starter. Doesn't make him a good QB or even a clutch one. He, much like Sanchez, had almost perfect supporting casts when they had their playoff successes.

The minute the talent level dropped and the league figured them out, they sucked. Pennington showed his true colors in that Oakland game in 2002 (and then the rest of his career) much like Sanchez showed his true colors against Indy in 2009, the Steelers in 2010, and in his entire body of work, especially from 2011-present.

Ugh. Talking about Pennington and Sanchez makes me want to murder my left eye.

So what do you suggest we do? Trade for Aaron Rodgers?

I like what your saying, the other part of this that people love to overlook is the fact that sometimes we need the D to make a stop on 3rd down. That would go a long way, in fact we coulod have had 1 maybe 2 more wins right now......

Sanchez loses even when the defense plays almost perfectly, so what makes you think we'd be any better than 3-3 if the D "made more stops"?

So what do you suggest we do? Trade for Aaron Rodgers?

Yes, that's exactly what my post suggested. Wow.

No, how about we improve our scouting dept so we can find a franchise QB of our own? Or at least a mediocre QB of our own? I'd take that over this. There's gotta be an Andy Dalton-ish prospect out there for us in the 2013 draft crop.

No, how about we improve our scouting dept so we can find a franchise QB of our own? Or at least a mediocre QB of our own? I'd take that over this.

There are about 5 franchise QB's in the league. It's not that easy. The bigger problem has been letting the rest of the team get worse. They knew what they had in Sanchez two years ago....trading away picks and surrounding that with a young QB wasnt a good idea. The 2010 roster would be a contender this season.

The bigger problem has been letting the rest of the team get worse.

No it's not. With the amount of cap dollars Sanchez takes up (he's the 7th highest paid QB in the league), his lack of performance is our # 1 problem. Good QB's have won with much less talent than we have.

Visit other teams sites. Everyone that doesnt have Brees, Rodgers the Mannings or Brady bitches about their QB situation. We arent anything special.

Those other teams don't have Rex Ryan's defense. The Steelers have Dick LeBeau, which is why they can win with a non-elite QB in Big Ben. We don't NEED an Aaron Rodgers to win.

No it's not. With the amount of cap dollars Sanchez takes up (he's the 7th highest paid QB in the league), his lack of performance is our # 1 problem. Good QB's have won with much less talent than we have.

Which mediocre QB is consistently winning games? Sanchez has 31-24 career record as starter. Which other mediocre QB's are winning more with less?

Let's put it this way. What would our record have been over the years with, say, the # 16 ranked QB rather than what we have (somewhere in the 28-32 range)? Probably would have made the playoffs in 2011. Probably could have won a division title in '09 or '10. Probably could have won the Super Bowl in '10. Probably would be 4-3 or 5-2 right now.

I forgot about Ben tbh. 6 teams then. 6 out of 32 have guys their franchises are 100% satisfied with.

Cool story. I don't need to be 100 % satisfied with the QB on this team. Just be Matt Hasselbeck or Carson Palmer and we'd be in pretty good shape. Upgrade to the level of a Big Ben, Rivers or Tony Romo and we can win a title.

We're sitting about 5 % satisfied with Sanchez at the moment.

Let's put it this way. What would our record have been over the years with, say, the # 16 ranked QB rather than what we have (somewhere in the 28-32 range)? Probably would have made the playoffs in 2011. Probably could have won a division title in '09 or '10. Probably could have won the Super Bowl in '10. Probably would be 4-3 or 5-2 right now.

2009 you have to throw out because Sanchez was a rookie(that isnt Sanchez's fault they started him). 2010, 11 wins with Carson Palmer sounds about right. Palmer isnt very good.

Last year, the talent dropped, no running game....Hasselbeck or Palmer probably win anywhere between 7-10 games,

It wouldnt have made much of a difference.

Cool story. I don't need to be 100 % satisfied with the QB on this team. Just be Matt Hasselbeck or Carson Palmer and we'd be in pretty good shape. Upgrade to the level of a Big Ben, Rivers or Tony Romo and we can win a title.

We're sitting about 5 % satisfied with Sanchez at the moment.

Im not satisfied with Sanchez, I just dont live in this la-la land thinking Carson Palmer or Phil Rivers would make that much of a difference.

Im not even sure what the argument from you is even anymore becuase it keeps changing. Do you need an elite QB to win a Super Bowl? Apparently not anymore.

There are about 5 franchise QB's in the league. It's not that easy. The bigger problem has been letting the rest of the team get worse.

So having a guy that's consistently been one of the worst QB's in football isn't our biggest problem? Interesting theory

So having a guy that's consistently been one of the worst QB's in football isn't our biggest problem? Interesting theory

I still haven't heard a viable alternative other than this bizarre notion that guys like Carson Palmer and so forth are any good.

Yet he looked great against San Diego two years later. The end came when he got hurt in 2005.

he did? I remember a decidedly average performance.. If I remember correctly, we scored like 10 less points then SD had typically given up all year. You guys toss around terms like great very loosely when it comes to Jet QB's

he did? I remember a decidedly average performance.. If I remember correctly, we scored like 10 less points then SD had typically given up all year. You guys toss around terms like great very loosely when it comes to Jet QB's

Are you really ripping people for having distorted memories caused from the Herm era? As far as I'm concerned someone could tell me I starred in a traveling rendition of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat during those years and I'd believe them. I've blocked them out that much.

No, how about we improve our scouting dept so we can find a franchise QB of our own? Or at least a mediocre QB of our own? I'd take that over this. There's gotta be an Andy Dalton-ish prospect out there for us in the 2013 draft crop.

meh.. how about you shove Andy Dalton up yer ass instead. unless of course he comes with AJ Green that is.

That's true. Great is a strong word. OTOH, please explain how he "showed he couldn't perform in a big game" in that one.

That's true. Great is a strong word. OTOH, please explain how he "showed he couldn't perform in a big game" in that one.

prepare for spell made from fancy words and rarely referenced stats. I trust you're too smart to fall for that.

Yet he looked great against San Diego two years later. The end came when he got hurt in 2005.

Please don't do this. You're a good poster. I don't want to have to know you as "one of them". Let's just say, if you think Pennington's problem was really his 2005 injury, I recommend you take a look back at his last game of 2004, just one week after that supposedly "great" game against the Chargers, in which the Jets lost 20-17 in a game where the defense and special teams each contributed a TD a piece (the offense, not so much).

Please don't do this. You're a good poster. I don't want to have to know you as "one of them". Let's just say, if you think Pennington's problem was really his 2005 injury, I recommend you take a look back at his last game of 2004, just one week after that supposedly "great" game against the Chargers, in which the Jets lost 20-17 in a game where the defense and special teams each contributed a TD a piece (the offense, not so much).

Don't think he was ever "great". He did not PROVE that he couldn't do it until later on though. There was no "proof" that he couldn't get the job done that early. Looking back we all see his flaws and even at the time, many of us did. That doesn't mean that Pennington had somehow shown this complete inability to perform in big games by 2002.

Archived