Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's true. Great is a strong word. OTOH, please explain how he "showed he couldn't perform in a big game" in that one.

Aside from needing a Kaeding choke to win the game?

I know that you don't think that it matters when judging QB performance, but San Diego had one of the worst pass defenses in the league that year. One of the two TD drives Pennington led the Jets on was a short field when they started at the SD 37 (following a Marty getting flagged for running on the field complaining about a non-call for roughing the kicker on the punt).

They got a huge gift when the Chargers had 12 men on the field on a punt, which gave the Jets a new set of downs from the SD 35, up by a TD with 7 minutes to go. Not coming out of that drive with a score was terrible.

He didn't play horribly or anything, but I wouldn't call it a "good" game from Pennington. He then went out and followed it up with one of the most gutless, disgraceful performances I have ever witnessed from a QB the following game.

Aside from needing a Kaeding choke to win the game?

I know that you don't think that it matters when judging QB performance, but San Diego had one of the worst pass defenses in the league that year. One of the two TD drives Pennington led the Jets on was a short field when they started at the SD 37 (following a Marty getting flagged for running on the field complaining about a non-call for roughing the kicker on the punt).

They got a huge gift when the Chargers had 12 men on the field on a punt, which gave the Jets a new set of downs from the SD 35, up by a TD with 7 minutes to go. Not coming out of that drive with a score was terrible.

He didn't play horribly or anything, but I wouldn't call it a "good" game from Pennington. He then went out and followed it up with one of the most gutless, disgraceful performances I have ever witnessed from a QB the following game.

For the hundredth ****ing time, I never said that strength of opponent doesn't matter. I said that using it as part of the rating constitutes grading on a curve. You guys brought up the curve reference saying the "pro-Sanchez" people were rating games based on how good they were for Sanchez.

I did say it was a great game. I will accept that is incorrect. I will not accept that a guy having that performance even against a weak pass D has "proven that he can't win in big games". I don't accept that because it's a complete fallacy. I also note that while SD gave up a ton of yards through the air their scoring D was pretty good and the yards through the air was greatly exaggerated by how good their offense was in 2004.

Do you need an elite QB to win a Super Bowl? Apparently not anymore.

The recent trend of the last 5 years has suggested yes. Can you win with an average to above average one? I don't see why not given the right circumstances, but NOT having one of those handful of special QB's puts you behind the 8-ball. Having one who isn't even good enough to be called "mediocre" puts you at an even bigger disadvantage.

We won't be winning a Super Bowl with the 32nd best QB in the NFL, statistically. That much I am sure of. Therefore we won't ever win with Sanchez because he's proven to be one of the worst NFL QB's year in and year out. Even a team like the Texans know they'll need to get the max out of Schaub to win a title despite all the other stars on their team, or else they'll get picked off by the Broncos, Patriots, or perhaps even the Steelers in the postseason. You can't win by playing "hide the QB" in the league today.

The idea that anyone could suggest this is NOT our biggest problem means some people are just putting their fingers in their ears and saying "la la la la" with intermittent excuses like "no weapons" and "slow linebackers".

Sanchez loses even when the defense plays almost perfectly, so what makes you think we'd be any better than 3-3 if the D "made more stops"?

How many 3rd down conversions were there in the Pitt loss? You know we could have won that game. How about the Texans game and not to mention the Pats game. I know where you are coming from, but its not all Sanchez. A lot is, but great teams who have a "great defense does pick up the offense. And the same applies to the offense. It seems to me that once the O gets stopped, the D says here we go again.

How many 3rd down conversions were there in the Pitt loss? You know we could have won that game. How about the Texans game and not to mention the Pats game. I know where you are coming from, but its not all Sanchez. A lot is, but great teams who have a "great defense does pick up the offense. And the same applies to the offense. It seems to me that once the O gets stopped, the D says here we go again.

I think the D has performed very well this season. For 3 quarters of that Steeler game Sanchez played like complete dogsh*t. Just like he played like dogsh*t for the entire 1st half of the 2010 postseason game in Pittsburgh. The D played well enough to win both of those games. The offense didn't.

do you blame them lol. I couldnt imagine getting a stop then a 3 and out later or turnover id be like wtf

The minute Matt39 decided to suggest that there were no Pennington/Herm supporters here in 2005. That's like saying the South won the Civil War.

So Matt39 not only opens a can of craziness in basketball threads, he does it in football threads too?

So Matt39 not only opens a can of craziness in basketball threads, he does it in football threads too?

The Knicks being a bad organization and Carmelo having the worst playoff winning % in the sport are facts.

And 90% of the people posting in this thread werent posting here in 2005.

The recent trend of the last 5 years has suggested yes. Can you win with an average to above average one? I don't see why not given the right circumstances, but NOT having one of those handful of special QB's puts you behind the 8-ball. Having one who isn't even good enough to be called "mediocre" puts you at an even bigger disadvantage.

We won't be winning a Super Bowl with the 32nd best QB in the NFL, statistically. That much I am sure of. Therefore we won't ever win with Sanchez because he's proven to be one of the worst NFL QB's year in and year out. Even a team like the Texans know they'll need to get the max out of Schaub to win a title despite all the other stars on their team, or else they'll get picked off by the Broncos, Patriots, or perhaps even the Steelers in the postseason. You can't win by playing "hide the QB" in the league today.

The idea that anyone could suggest this is NOT our biggest problem means some people are just putting their fingers in their ears and saying "la la la la" with intermittent excuses like "no weapons" and "slow linebackers".

You could save a lot of energy by just directing your rants toward Mike Tannenbaum then. You enjoy bashing Sanchez, that much is clear...when the real problem is above him. Sanchez just happens to be part of the problem on a team put together by Mike Tannenbaum.

You could save a lot of energy by just directing your rants toward Mike Tannenbaum then. You enjoy bashing Sanchez, that much is clear...when the real problem is above him. Sanchez just happens to be part of the problem on a team put together by Mike Tannenbaum.

I have been very clear that I want both Tannenbaum and Sanchez gone. Sanchez for sucking, Tannenbaum for drafting Sanchez and rewarding said suckage with an extension.

I'd prefer to keep Rex, but if the new GM decides to fire him too, so be it. Not worth keeping all 3 around just for the sake of Rex. He signed off on the kid too. It'll be sad seeing him win a Super Bowl as a DC or HC elsewhere though.

That's true. Great is a strong word. OTOH, please explain how he "showed he couldn't perform in a big game" in that one.

I wasn't aware that needed to occur multiple times? He looked helpless against Raiders, like a boy playing against full grown men.. the rest was predictable

The Knicks being a bad organization and Carmelo having the worst playoff winning % in the sport are facts.

And 90% of the people posting in this thread werent posting here in 2005.

I knw of ecurb, there had to be others. That yellow bastard had his groupies in all pockets of the interwebs...

Archived