Rex Ryan

gangreenman

I just want to get this off my chest, because this game sealed it for me.

If the Jets fire Rex Ryan, I will stop caring about this team. Without Revis, Holmes, Pouha, Ellis, and literally down to a 3rd string UDFA, a fullback, and a QB at the running back position, and we were still not only competed, but should have won that game.

Under Mangini or Edwards or anyone else, this game is a laugher. Now Im brutally pissed that Sparano sat on the ball when we could have ended the game, that the ref invented a pi call on a play he couldn't see... And that we lost a game we should have won.

Tom Brady managed a grand total of 20 points on four scoring drives. The Jets offense scored 26 points.

Give him a good QB, and that man is going to win a Super Bowl. I hope our owner gives him that chance.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this whole season has ben a mixed bag of some good, some bad and some terrible

the injuries add up, but nobody cares. the packers had like 15 guys on IR last year.

his defense consistently can't get stops in end of half or end of game situaitons, and his offense is stuck in the 1980's

but this game was not on him, I'll give you that

He's the guy who has refused to bench the worst QB in the NFL and completely neglected the offense. People wanting to give him a pass for that are clueless. He's the HC. The buck stops with him. His D could've won the game tonight twice and didn't.

The fact that you disagree with me gives my argument even more validation. Im glad you got the loss you were hoping for, now we're one game closer to no more sanchez!! Yay you!! GFY

this whole season has ben a mixed bag of some good, some bad and some terrible

the injuries add up, but nobody cares. the packers had like 15 guys on IR last year.

his defense consistently can't get stops in end of half or end of game situaitons, and his offense is stuck in the 1980's

but this game was not on him, I'll give you that

The game is on him only in the sense that the play calling on that series after they recovered the fumble was atrocious.

Sanchez played well today, and had been on a tear the last three drives. So you give it to Tebow for 2 yards, F*ckin hilliard for 1 yard, and leave him with a 3rd and 7?

Other then that, the D i thought played great. You are not going to pitch a shut out against Brady and that offense... But we confused them, slowed them down, and forced them to punt and kick long fg's. Not really much more you can ask for.

The fact that you disagree with me gives my argument even more validation. Im glad you got the loss you were hoping for, now we're one game closer to no more sanchez!! Yay you!! GFY

The game is on him only in the sense that the play calling on that series after they recovered the fumble was atrocious.

Sanchez played well today, and had been on a tear the last three drives. So you give it to Tebow for 2 yards, F*ckin hilliard for 1 yard, and leave him with a 3rd and 7?

Other then that, the D i thought played great. You are not going to pitch a shut out against Brady and that offense... But we confused them, slowed them down, and forced them to punt and kick long fg's. Not really much more you can ask for.

Other than not WINNING THE GAME when they had the chance to they played great. Great logic there.

Other than not WINNING THE GAME when they had the chance to they played great. Great logic there.

They actually did. Then some ref standing thirty five yards away invented a penalty that theres no possible way he could have seen clearly.

And calling Sanchez the worst QB in the NFL after the way he played today completely invalidates any other point you can make.

Brady wasnt even good today. Jets cant defend screen passes. No pressure, Brady had all the time in the world to throw his 4 yard passes

There was pressure on a few plays. The problem with spreading it out and throwing those quick 4-6 yard passes is that theres no time to get to the QB even if you do send a blitz. Brady not being good had a lot to do with how well the Jets D played. Stopped the run, didn't get gashed by Welker or the Te's often at all. Pretty much controlled the game.

Thats all you can do against the Pats. No defense plays a perfect game against that QB and offense. But the Jets today, minus their best player, and their starting and backup NT's, played more than well enough to win.

He's the guy who has refused to bench the worst QB in the NFL and completely neglected the offense. People wanting to give him a pass for that are clueless. He's the HC. The buck stops with him. His D could've won the game tonight twice and didn't.

This pretty much sums it up. Won't bench Sanchez. The defense has folded twice this season when it's mattered. Horrible job today between him and Sparano with the clock. Just putrid. No question he's been doing a terrible job this season. I couldn't care less that they competed in the Houston game and today. It's professional football and when it all comes down to it, I'm a customer, not a parent. The product on the field this year has been really, really painful to watch.

There is no pass rush. Welker, Gronk and Hernandez ran wild. I understand they are superior players, but the lack of the a rush and piss poor coevrage has to give you pause.

But bigger than that-get the sense like his dad he has almost next to nothing to do with the offense. We know he doesn't call plays, but the abortions on the playcalls all day were really puzzling. Does he even talk to Sparano? Why is tebow even dressing if you aren;t going to use him? Is there any discussion during the week aout any of this? As we learned again today you aren't winning in Foxboro settling for kicking FGs. It has NEVER WORKED.

This pretty much sums it up. Won't bench Sanchez. The defense has folded twice this season when it's mattered. Horrible job today between him and Sparano with the clock. Just putrid. No question he's been doing a terrible job this season. I couldn't care less that they competed in the Houston game and today. It's professional football and when it all comes down to it, I'm a customer, not a parent. The product on the field this year has been really, really painful to watch.

IDK what game you watched today, but I saw the complete opposite of everything you are complaining about.

Sanchez was very good, save for two terrible turnovers... and the D played as well as anyone can play against this offense.

They actually did. Then some ref standing thirty five yards away invented a penalty that theres no possible way he could have seen clearly.

And calling Sanchez the worst QB in the NFL after the way he played today completely invalidates any other point you can make.

No actually they didn't. They were up 3 points with 1:40 left and they let NE walk right into field goal range. Or are we forgetting that happened?

IDK what game you watched today, but I saw the complete opposite of everything you are complaining about.

Sanchez was very good, save for two terrible turnovers... and the D played as well as anyone can play against this offense.

So except for turning over the ball twice with two horrible TO's which cost them the football game he was GREAT!!

There is no pass rush. Welker, Gronk and Hernandez ran wild. I understand they are superior players, but the lack of the a rush and piss poor coevrage has to give you pause.

But bigger than that-get the sense like his dad he has almost next to nothing to do with the offense. We know he doesn't call plays, but the abortions on the playcalls all day were really puzzling. Does he even talk to Sparano? Why is tebow even dressing if you aren;t going to use him? Is there any discussion during the week aout any of this? As we learned again today you aren't winning in Foxboro settling for kicking FGs. It has NEVER WORKED.

Not using Tebow is a good thing. Today we saw that Sanchez can actually be adequate if given the chance to get in, and stay in a rhythm. That Tebow sh*t doesn't even work, anyway.

I just want to get this off my chest, because this game sealed it for me.

If the Jets fire Rex Ryan, I will stop caring about this team. Without Revis, Holmes, Pouha, Ellis, and literally down to a 3rd string UDFA, a fullback, and a QB at the running back position, and we were still not only competed, but should have won that game.

Under Mangini or Edwards or anyone else, this game is a laugher. Now Im brutally pissed that Sparano sat on the ball when we could have ended the game, that the ref invented a pi call on a play he couldn't see... And that we lost a game we should have won.

Tom Brady managed a grand total of 20 points on four scoring drives. The Jets offense scored 26 points.

Give him a good QB, and that man is going to win a Super Bowl. I hope our owner gives him that chance.

lets be real here for a second. new england is not the same teams as years past.not even close. we had an under acieving pats team ripe for the taking,begging to lose this game and rex and company flat out lost it. no more excuses

So except for turning over the ball twice with two horrible TO's which cost them the football game he was GREAT!!

The two horrible TO's were in the first half. He actually lead us down the field for 50 yards and a fg and 92 yards and a td to tie the game after that... And then Sparano decided it would give us a better chance to run Tebow and Hilliard up the gut for three yards combined on 1st and 2nd down from inside the 20 before attempting a horrible PA roll-out thing that was destined to fail from the start.

The two horrible TO's were in the first half. He actually lead us down the field for 50 yards and a fg and 92 yards and a td to tie the game after that... And then Sparano decided it would give us a better chance to run Tebow and Hilliard up the gut for three yards combined on 1st and 2nd down from inside the 20 before attempting a horrible PA roll-out thing that was destined to fail from the start.

I guess it was Sporano that missed Hill for the TD when no one was within 10 yards of him or put the football on the ground again to lose a game.

lets be real here for a second. new england is not the same teams as years past.not even close. we had an under acieving pats team ripe for the taking,begging to lose this game and rex and company flat out lost it. no more excuses

It pisses me off to no end that we lost this game. But to go into a game so banged up, especially on D, against an offense like the Patts (#1 in the league, fwiw) and play the way they did says something about the coaching.

I'm kind of in the same place. I've given him a pass because even after today he's nine games over .500 (inc. playoffs), with Mark Sanchez starting all but one of those games. But the Sparano hire was absolutely retarded--the offensive playcalling remains retarded and the in-game management has reached laughable proportions. And on top of it all, he insists on keeping himself hitched to Sanchez seemingly at all costs. I know the talent pool sucks, but given the idiotic way we run our scouting department, he doesn't get off the hook for that either. The nexus of personnel and in-game coaching is an absolute disaster. We could have won that game 8 different ways today and we ****ed up basically every single one of them.

I guess it was Sporano that missed Hill for the TD when no one was within 10 yards of him or put the football on the ground again to lose a game.

Dude. We had 1st and 10 from the 18 in a tie game with 2 mins to go. And we ran 3 back-to-back-to-back of the most retarded and senseless play calls that could possible be in our playbook

Archived