Rex Ryan

gangreenman

You people make me laugh.

:rl:

Enough with the moral victories.

Enough with blaming injuries. Every team has devastating injuries. And the best teams rise above. Yet we keep falling back into the loser mentality of blaming injuries and claiming moral victories.

To begin to have a winner's attitude is to stop making excuses and accepting mediocrity as great and awesome. We had a good chance to win yesterday and blew it. And that really sucks. This team is talented enough with players and coaches to get us to 9 wins.

LMFAO - so the fans believing in their team and being mildly happy about how competitive a depleted roster is playing against 2 of the better teams in Football is the reason the Jets lose?

What you've seen from the Jets the past few weeks should be encouraging. They're playing good ball, just not closing. Fans should be able to be happy with that because well, who are you to tell them different? I'm going to go out on a limb and say, the fans and their attitude toward the team have zero impact on the game.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we all knew this wasnt a Super Bowl team. I'm pleasantly surprised with the development of Kerley. I dont think Hill stinks either....those comeback routes he's running are pretty much unguardable because of his threat to keep going deep. COncentration can be fixed...he isnt a bad seed either like a Dez, the kid seems willing to learn.

I liked Demario Davis yesterday as well.

We desperately need a back though.

Mark played a lot better today, but he still made too many mistakes that helped us lose. We need to work harder in practice to make sure all of our players keep improving and stop making mistakes. We can be a playoff team if we just cut down the mistakes.

Something like that... Compliment sandwich. Positive. Negative. Positive.

That's pure BS.

Mark is not the first QB in the league to have struggles on the field in his career. How many other HC's have you heard say that ?

No HC in this league would go out and say such a thing about his QB is so many words!

I think we all knew this wasnt a Super Bowl team. I'm pleasantly surprised with the development of Kerley. I dont think Hill stinks either....those comeback routes he's running are pretty much unguardable because of his threat to keep going deep. COncentration can be fixed...he isnt a bad seed either like a Dez, the kid seems willing to learn.

I liked Demario Davis yesterday as well.

We desperately need a back though.

I was somewhat encouraged too, but mostly the game just depressed me. I have this horrible feeling that we're in football hell--we'll lose just enough games to keep us out of the playoffs, but win just enough games that all the boobs who need to go (Sanchez, Sparano, Tannenbaum) will stick around another year.

I was somewhat encouraged too, but mostly the game just depressed me. I have this horrible feeling that we're in football hell--we'll lose just enough games to keep us out of the playoffs, but win just enough games that all the boobs who need to go (Sanchez, Sparano, Tannenbaum) will stick around another year.

Maybe they can luck into a A draft

Is that really saying anything at all?

Man, lets set the bar a little higher than Herm Edwards, Mangini and Groh.

The gap is significant as I think the influx of young talent is also better under Rex. Sanchez kills the draft grade but such is life...With a QB this team could be highly successful.

I don't hate Sparano yet, Sanchez' contract probably ensures he's here another year no matter what, but maybe Tannenbaum can finally go. That would be a start.

Tanny's awful misses and contracts he handed out should be enough, but I guarantee you are going to hear people start talking about his draft successes if guys like Howard, Kerley, Davis, Coples and Wilkerson continue to play 90+% of the snaps and play well. It shouldn't matter, because all his negatives vastly outweigh a few hits, but to Woody and the ones who matter, you couple this with Revis and Holmes going down and he's got at minimum another year here. It blows, because if this team wasn't saddled by a few of these awful contracts, an influx of a few talented players could really help turn this team around.

For what it's worth, even if he stays around, I hope he kicks Holmes to the street regardless of the cap hit.

I don't hate Sparano yet, Sanchez' contract probably ensures he's here another year no matter what, but maybe Tannenbaum can finally go. That would be a start.

I agree. I've seen a decent amount to like with Sparano. He's been a little more unpredictable than I expected. If the running game starts coming around they might be pretty decent. They have had two stinkers against PItt and SF. Against Miami they left a bunch on the field, but the personnel was a mess at WR that game. This week and against the Texans we got what I'd expect and I get a positive feeling about it.

He was a big reason and then he insults the fanbase's intelligence afterward.

Can you show when he insulted the fanbase?

I don't think Rex had anything to do with Hill dropping that crucial 3rd down pass, or Cro dropping that sure INT, or even that stupid phantom flag against Wilson that took the ref 7 seconds to decide was a penalty.

Mike Vorkunov@Mike_Vorkunov

Rex said he thought Mark Sanchez had his best game of the year vs NE #jets #nyj

The biggest problem with yesterday's game is that it resets the Sanchez doomsday clock yet again. If he goes out and sh*ts the bed against the Fins and Seahawks, the Florham Park brain trust will just shrug and say "ya but he put us in a position to beat the Pats u guyses so we must be like thisclose to winning the division!!!1!1" It's the attitude that led to the Sanchez extension and the Tebow trade and the utter lack of attention paid to the OL and linebackers, and it's the attitude that's going to get Sanchez and Sparano and Tannenbaum another year here. Bully.

Eh. First off, I don't see why you people insist on believing everything they say. Remember when Wayne Hunter was going to be the RT until they carted Dave Guglielmo off in a coffin? How long did that last? One week? Second, Sanchez having his best game of 2012 doesn't mean that they still shouldn't get rid of him. It doesn't have any bearing on whether they think they should get rid of him.

Rex has to say Mark played well- it is the only hope to salvage this season whether you like it or not. He has to hope he can play at a level that the team can win.

Mark did play well. there's no hoping about it. He played really well. and that's including the int. He's throwing like a man these days.

Archived