Tebow the terrible. Jets mates rip QB - Mehta

Sperm Edwards

According to Rex Ryan in his presser, according to his understanding of the situation those quotes were made much earlier this season. Said he found it "interesting" that they are only coming out now

as I said in my original reply: it's really not surprising that this is MM and the Daily News again.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

word on the street is those Slauson comments were from training camp. scumbag move from Mehta to rehash old quotes to give the appearance of a locker room in disarray.

so the new/relevant parts of this article are 3 short quips from anonymous sources despite the fact he said a dozen members of the Jets felt that way.

is this the part where I pat myself on the back like the Ape for my foresight in calling out the shady looking article?

Mehta sucks.

For real? Disgusting if true. The NFL is the worlds greatest reality TV show. Its really getting old. I've stopped watching the NFLN and ESPN because of how ridiculous the coverage is nowadays.

NFL = WWF

I hate the BCS, but I'm starting to enjoy college Football more. Might have something to do with the Gators only having 1 loss and the Jets sucking (even though their offense might be worse than the Jets), but still, there is purity left in that league. NFL, not so much.

true, but by and large they have not been getting too open. Not saying it never ever happens, analyzing one play at a time does no good. It doesn't matter if 1 play a guy was wide open if it only happens 25% of the time

thats what im saying though. People are open in a lot of plays. May not be first read but there are a lot of plays sanchez misses.

just because its chaz schillens or the third wr getting open doesnt change him actually being open lol

thats what im saying though. People are open in a lot of plays. May not be first read but there are a lot of plays sanchez misses.

just because its chaz schillens or the third wr getting open doesnt change him actually being open lol

it is difficult with reads, the third read may be open, but he isn't on the read t that point. without sitting down and tracking where he is looking at any given point you can't tell if he is looking that way. If read 3 comes open at the 2 second mark, but he is on his nd read at that time the window could be closed by the time he gets therre, like wise if he is on his first read at the one second mark and the first readgets open at 2 seconds he may have already moved on. Not saying Sanchez hasnt been bad...he is terrible, but it surely isn't the only problem

it is difficult with reads, the third read may be open, but he isn't on the read t that point. without sitting down and tracking where he is looking at any given point you can't tell if he is looking that way. If read 3 comes open at the 2 second mark, but he is on his nd read at that time the window could be closed by the time he gets therre, like wise if he is on his first read at the one second mark and the first readgets open at 2 seconds he may have already moved on. Not saying Sanchez hasnt been bad...he is terrible, but it surely isn't the only problem

yea well they arnt like megatron or anything ill give them that lol. But normally a qb can manipulate the defense with his eyes and use his pump. Sanchez seems to lock on to one receiver and then pump fake as if just by habit.

yea well they arnt like megatron or anything ill give them that lol. But normally a qb can manipulate the defense with his eyes and use his pump. Sanchez seems to lock on to one receiver and then pump fake as if just by habit.

some teams have a QB who can make the WR (and Oline)look good, some teams have WR who make the QB look good....then there are the teams that have neither

The unnamed player was probably Rex in full CYA mode.

What's sad is that the only reason Sanchez is still starting is because the Jets owe him $8.5M guaranteed next season regardless of whether or not he is on the team.

Tebow may not be a traditional QB or someone who I would want to build a franchise around but the Jets couldn't be any worse and would probably be 5-4 with Tebow starting this season.

By this time if we are still talking about Sanchez being able to go beyond the first read you are atleast a month or two or three too late.

The delusional view of that season continues... the '08 Dolphins might have had the most favorable schedule in NFL history with respect to strength of opponents' defenses. Here are the rankings for points allowed/yards allowed/passing yards for the teams they beat:

NYJ - 18/16/29

NE - 8/10/11

SD - 15/25/31

BUF - 14/14/13

DEN - 30/29/26

SEA - 25/30/32

OAK - 24/27/10

STL - 31/28/19

SF - 23/13/20

KC - 29/31/28

As you can see, the only thing resembling a good defense that Pennington beat that season was New England, in a game in which Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown rushed for a combined 216 yards (clearly because Belichick was so worried about Pennington beating him over the top that he played dime the entire game).

Miami's losses that season:

NYJ - 18/16/29

AZ - 28/19/22

NE - 8/10/11

HOU - 27/22/16

BAL - 3/2/2

They played one top-tier defense for an entire 16-game schedule and then again in the playoffs - games in which Pennington threw a combined 5 picks (2 pick-6's).

Verdict: Pennington sucks. So does Sanchez.

So once again the only thing that can possibly beat a good defense is a good QB .....Does not matter what sh*t surrounds him hes gonna beat um right ?? I think Most would consider Tom Brady a HOF QB but when hes on the ground in 2 SB's facing the Giants I guess he can win Right ? And hes got some players around him. Name me one WR Pennington played with in Miami you can call a legit #1 funny you didnt mention those stellar stats

I dont care about your rankings or your stats because they dont mean sh*t from week to week thats why we have upsets, thats why we have teams like the Giants winning the SB 2 years when they were barely lucky both times to even get to the playoffs. sh*t happens but its real difficult to say QB's can just eat up elite defenses when they have nothing at WR and cant protect the QB. If a QB does not have playmakers around him he does not have much of a chance to succeed vs an elite defense at all. But you keep sticking up for a team that has done next to nothing to aquire Skill players worth a sh*t on offense. Bring in a rookie QB or a FA and watch Him fail miserably with this putrid offense so you can say he sucks too....thats a great way to handle things.

Oh, sweet irony.

Is irony the only word you know how to use ? Im not allowed to respond to your ridiculous posts with some form of rebuttal ? I try to be decent with folks discussing football until people like you start claiming someone who disagrees with you is clueless.

I have to laugh when people claim to know how Sanchez goes through his progressions, if a WR is running the right pattern, or if the QB read the play wrong without any playbook reference or all 22 film. Did you ever wonder why most of the Jets WR's (excluding Kerley and Hill) are cuts from other teams or never amounted to much at all ? And that along with the fact Sanchez has declined with said WR's has any relevance at all ? Are you that dense you cant add that up ?

Also interesting to note is that Mehta was also the reporter who had a one on one with Tebow a few weeks ago and it screamed of a reporter trying desperately to get Tebow to say something bad about Mark, which he did not do. Manish was probably pissed off that he came across as a little bitch in that interview.

What I find funny is that instead of reporting about the team seemingly rallying around Sanchez by not wanting Tebow in there, he writes it as a 'bash Tebow' article.

Good job summing it up, that's exactly what's going on...

Is irony the only word you know how to use ? Im not allowed to respond to your ridiculous posts with some form of rebuttal ? I try to be decent with folks discussing football until people like you start claiming someone who disagrees with you is clueless.

I didn't call you clueless, I simply told you that you were wrong and had been proven as such. You, on the other hand, just finished calling absolutely everyone who dared disagree with you clueless just moments before posting about how people shouldn't post about how clueless others are. Thus, the irony. Hate to break it to you, but not even you can come up with a defense for this one, so I'd suggest simply moving on as you're only making it worse.

I have to laugh when people claim to know how Sanchez goes through his progressions, if a WR is running the right pattern, or if the QB read the play wrong without any playbook reference or all 22 film. Did you ever wonder why most of the Jets WR's (excluding Kerley and Hill) are cuts from other teams or never amounted to much at all ? And that along with the fact Sanchez has declined with said WR's has any relevance at all ? Are you that dense you cant add that up ?

And yet it's perfectly ok for you to claim to know that it's the WRs that are to blame without any of this information either? The fact that you want to talk about dense and then make the laughable comment that you think actually proves something about how the Jets' WRs that weren't drafted by the team were let go from their prior teams really says it all though. In the end, all you've got is excuses and to quote Mike Tomlin, "excuses are the tools of the incompetent."

I didn't call you clueless, I simply told you that you were wrong and had been proven as such. You, on the other hand, just finished calling absolutely everyone who dared disagree with you clueless just moments before posting about how people shouldn't post about how clueless others are. Thus, the irony. Hate to break it to you, but not even you can come up with a defense for this one, so I'd suggest simply moving on as you're only making it worse.

And yet it's perfectly ok for you to claim to know that it's the WRs that are to blame without any of this information either? The fact that you want to talk about dense and then make the laughable comment that you think actually proves something about how the Jets' WRs that weren't drafted by the team were let go from their prior teams really says it all though. In the end, all you've got is excuses and to quote Mike Tomlin, "excuses are the tools of the incompetent."

The thing that is so laughable about this, is how completely clueless you are

Ive never seen someone who has no idea WTF they post and then tries to totally deny it as well. Im sure you will find a way to deny this Quote above as well. like you have done almost everytime we argue this point.

Clueless is someone who refuses to admit the Talent on the Jets offense is the Worst in the NFL that includes RB's WR's and 2/5ths of the OL and blames it all on the QB..... then wants the team to force a draft pick on a QB in the upcoming draft and drag his ass into this Mess while Sanchez is still guaranteed for all of next year.

Ive never seen someone who has no idea WTF they post and then tries to totally deny it as well. Im sure you will find a way to deny this Quote above as well. like you have done almost everytime we argue this point.

Clueless is someone who refuses to admit the Talent on the Jets offense is the Worst in the NFL that includes RB's WR's and 2/5ths of the OL and blames it all on the QB..... then wants the team to force a draft pick on a QB in the upcoming draft and drag his ass into this Mess while Sanchez is still guaranteed for all of next year.

man i think your a pretty good poster here but when you attack people for not agreeing with you it doesnt really make sense. This is probably the 3rd post ive written about you just not responding to facts given out by the other side.

if your gonna have your opinion and tell people they dont know what they are talking about go through their post and break down what is wrong with there argument. Not that they dont know anything and obviously everyones the worst

C'mon. It's an obvious reflection on the team's leadership that multiple players would be willing to badmouth a fellow player to a reporter. Particularly mid-season.

There are bad and slumping players on other teams and we don't hear this crap out of their locker room.

This screams of Rex and/or Sparano and/or other coaches badmouthing Tebow to the other players, behind Tebow's back, to the point where they feel comfortable saying the same to a reporter.

The hated (here) Mike Francesa perfectly elaborated in his opening today on just how pathetic this organization has become.

It actually is hard to root for this current FO and cast of lowlife players.

Archived