Rex Ryan breakout year, coach of the year!

JFtoLong

People say, you know, I’m an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living, you know.  Well, I’m working on it, you know so I don’t ever have to, you know, I’m gonna be the head greens-keeper, hopefully within six years. That’s my my schedule.  But I’m studying a lot of this stuff so I know it.  You know, like. You know, Chinch bugs, you know.  Manganese.  Lot of people don’t even know what that is.  Nitrogen, you know.  I invented my own kind of grass too, d’ya know that?  Look at this.  This is registered, Carl Spackler’s Bent.  this is a hybrid. This is a cross of uh uh  uh Bluegrass--Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bench, and uh Northern California Sinsemilla. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus belt, that night on this stuff.

People say, you know, I’m an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living, you know.  Well, I’m working on it, you know so I don’t ever have to, you know, I’m gonna be the head greens-keeper, hopefully within six years. That’s my my schedule.  But I’m studying a lot of this stuff so I know it.  You know, like. You know, Chinch bugs, you know.  Manganese.  Lot of people don’t even know what that is.  Nitrogen, you know.  I invented my own kind of grass too, d’ya know that?  Look at this.  This is registered, Carl Spackler’s Bent.  this is a hybrid. This is a cross of uh uh  uh Bluegrass--Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bench, and uh Northern California Sinsemilla. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus belt, that night on this stuff.

Replace all the you-knows with I-tell-ya-whats. Enjoy.

Replace all the you-knows with I-tell-ya-whats. Enjoy.

Add a few n Stuffs and things

I'm looking forward to seeing if Idzik is going to throw his support behind Rex, or throw Rex under the bus.

After Rex wins coach of the year this year, now that he is not saddled with the horrible moves that Tanny forced on this franchise, that Rex wanted no part of, Idzig will be 100% on board the Ryan express!

The only way any Jet is breaking out in 2013 is by getting fired from being a Jet. There's no reason they will win this year and there is no reason to win this year. Idzik needs to clean house, it's the only solution. The Jets never clean house every 3-5 years, and it's about damn time someone does it.

lol worst thing you can be in the NFL is mediocre.

The whole NFL is mediocre without the goal of building a mediocre team. Trying to win > Trying to lose. 

There's not even a real benefit to picking higher in the first round of the draft. 

Our findings suggest the biases we had anticipated are actually even stronger than we had 
guessed.  We expected to find that early picks were overpriced, and that the surplus values of picks would 
decline less steeply than the market values.  Instead we have found that the surplus value of the picks 
during the first round actually increases throughout the round:  the players selected with the final pick in 
the first round  on average produces more surplus to his team than than the first pick, and costs one 
quarter the price!

That said, it was more true when teams were paying huge contracts to rookies a couple of years ago and that is from 2005. 

If there's an Andrew Luck in next year's draft, sure, but that guy does not exist in college football right now. The team has two big trade chips in Revis or Cromartie so the potential to get good quick is there. 

The whole NFL is mediocre without the goal of building a mediocre team. Trying to win > Trying to lose. 

There's not even a real benefit to picking higher in the first round of the draft. 

That said, it was more true when teams were paying huge contracts to rookies a couple of years ago and that is from 2005. 

If there's an Andrew Luck in next year's draft, sure, but that guy does not exist in college football right now. The team has two big trade chips in Revis or Cromartie so the potential to get good quick is there. 

i think you hit it tho with the paying rookies less. The NFL is evolving into a different league. Maybe even college  is changing into developing more nfl players. When a team can pay next to nothing for an rg3 luck kaep or wilson it can change a teams fortune in one season. I think the difference between drafting a von miller or a wilkerson is huge. Wilkerson is good but von miller can carry a team. Or 2012 we got coples who id say is a good player but if we have a top 5 pick in that draft? The jets would be a lot better.

i think our problem right now is just that. The jets have a bunch of solid players but not many game changers. We have revis and cro who i would argue are top 5 players at there position. But there is a reason a great QB RB DE etc will go ahead of a great CB. We need fantastic in the first area and just good in the second. If we were the 49ers wed have fantastic in everything but hey they got high pick after high pick.

The only way any Jet is breaking out in 2013 is by getting fired from being a Jet. There's no reason they will win this year and there is no reason to win this year. Idzik needs to clean house, it's the only solution. The Jets never clean house every 3-5 years, and it's about damn time someone does it.

Not sure if serious, but I agree with this post. I can't see how Idzik ties his career to Rex. The guy had his team quit on him two years in a row, which is hard to do.

I would like to see how the team does with just an average QB first before i throw Rex under the bus. Just an average, middle of the pack QB.

We got 6 wins with Sanchez under the center with all his turnovers, buttfumbles, nonbuttfumbles et al and a LBing corps that would the pride of AARP. To me that's hell of a coaching job.

I would like to see how the team does with just an average QB first before i throw Rex under the bus. Just an average, middle of the pack QB.

We got 6 wins with Sanchez under the center with all his turnovers, buttfumbles, nonbuttfumbles et al and a LBing corps that would the pride of AARP. To me that's hell of a coaching job.

You're not going to see that this year.  Rex tied his boat to Sanchez.  It is currently sinking in the Gulf of Mexico. Everyone on board is pooping everywhere.

You're not going to see that this year.  Rex tied his boat to Sanchez.  It is currently sinking in the Gulf of Mexico. Everyone on board is pooping everywhere.

Not sure if Sanchez still being here is tied to Rex or the contract Tanny gave him. You make the decision.

An interim QB like Matt Moore would be a HUGE upgrade.

No. He wouldn't.  Sanchez is still here because Rex wanted him and had Tanny trade up to get him.

Yup!

I am not sure why this is so hard for the Rex lovers to grasp, it's really not that hard, especially since it's been so well documented.

Rex is still here for two reasons:

1) our owner is a complete moron attention whore, who thinks any attention is good attention, and slobbers over Ryan for the attention he gathers

2) our owner is a complete moron attention whore, who knew he had to do something with the organization going downhill FAST, so he fired the guy less likely to bring attention to the organization

When did I say that?  Rex needed a QB, he drafted one, for a multitude of reasons it didn't work out and now he is stuck.

JETS should not have been in a stuck position with Sanchez. Tanny's words in the past few days shows how clueless he was when he offered Sanchez the extension. Rex might have had an input but it was Tanny's decision to make. He screwed up.

As a coach if Rex had an average QB this team despite its lack of talent at other positions still would have won a few more games and maybe gone to the playoffs. In situations like these the baby gets thrown out with the bathwater. I hope the JETS do not make that mistake. At this point I would like to see Rex stay as the HC for the next two seasons and hopefully the JETS can find an average QB to marshal this offense.

JETS should not have been in a stuck position with Sanchez. Tanny's words in the past few days shows how clueless he was when he offered Sanchez the extension. Rex might have had an input but it was Tanny's decision to make. He screwed up.

As a coach if Rex had an average QB this team despite its lack of talent at other positions still would have won a few more games and maybe gone to the playoffs. In situations like these the baby gets thrown out with the bathwater. I hope the JETS do not make that mistake. At this point I would like to see Rex stay as the HC for the next two seasons and hopefully the JETS can find an average QB to marshal this offense.

I just don't see this happening.  Free agents or trades are retreads and mostly below average.  Nothing in this draft is great and then you'd need to give that Qb a few years to develop no matter what. 

I just don't see this happening.  Free agents or trades are retreads and mostly below average.  Nothing in this draft is great and then you'd need to give that Qb a few years to develop no matter what. 

At this point even below average would be an upgrade over Sanchez.

If you consider like Matt Moore as below average than so be it. But no one can deny he would be HUGE upgrade over Sanchez!

I may be the only one who feels this way...but I actually feel that without Tebow in the picture next year and without Sparano and with the new OC, Sanchez will play rather well next year or will at least play well enough to help us into the playoffs if the other pieces are there.  Not at all sayn I feel Sanchez is the long term solution to QB however, just sayn I think he can get the job done as long as we don't run him on/off the field all game.  

Archived