Our little Danny...(Pats lose another)

Gastineau Lives

....all grown up and doin the town.

Chargers agreed to terms with RB Danny Woodhead, formerly of the Patriots, on a two-year contract.

New
England's passing-down and hurry-up back the past three seasons,
Woodhead is likely bolting for a similar role in San Diego, where he'll
be a big upgrade on Ronnie Brown and Jackie Battle. Woodhead's
departure should mean the Pats trust Shane Vereen as his replacement.
While not exactly a rugged runner, Woodhead has averaged 4.8 yards on
265 career carries, and is coming off a 40-catch campaign. He'll remain
on the PPR radar in 2013. His signing is not good fantasy news for Ryan
Mathews, who won't get a chance to establish himself on third downs.
Mathews touched the ball just five times on third down in 2012

Chargers | Danny Woodhead signs 
Fri, 15 Mar 2013 11:14:19 -0700

The San Diego Chargers agreed to terms with RB Danny Woodhead (Patriots) on a two-year contract. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

FANTASY TIP: Woodhead will likely be used in a similar role to how he was used in New England with the chance to gain some carries. It is likely Woodhead will be used to compliment Ryan Mathews.

Comment | Source: ESPNBoston.com | Share: facebook.png

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2NdTZYy2K

one more gone  from the evil empire 

stat on woodhead 

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WoodDa02.htm

Good thing Brady signed a new deal for all his boys

It appears Bellish*t's strategy this offseason it to get rid of all of Brady's little white boy toys, so he can have him all to himself again... the only explanation for any of this is that Belli is a scorned lover, jealous that Welker and Woodhead came between him and Brady.

Beli is toying with Brady showing him who is BOSS!

Hardly. 

This is not letting Deoin Branch go and brining in Reche Caldwell and Donald Hayes.

Brady still has Ridely, Veeren and Bolden to pound the ball on the ground.  Veeren is a lot more athletic than Woodhead.

Brady still has Gronk, Hernandez and Llyod.  He now has Amendola (63 catches last year), Donald Jones (41) and Jake Ballard (38-604-4) returning.

Short of losing Brady for a period of time, this team should score 500 points or be dam close.

Yup.

It's okay Shane Vereen is a better player, the Pats really lost nothing here.

Beli is toying with Brady showing him who is BOSS!

Hardly. 

This is not letting Deoin Branch go and brining in Reche Caldwell and Donald Hayes.

Brady still has Ridely, Veeren and Bolden to pound the ball on the ground.  Veeren is a lot more athletic than Woodhead.

Brady still has Gronk, Hernandez and Llyod.  He now has Amendola (63 catches last year), Donald Jones (41) and Jake Ballard (38-604-4) returning.

Short of losing Brady for a period of time, this team should score 500 points or be dam close.

Oh i forgot Brady now has Amendola. Life should be good for the Pats!

:cheers:  Thanks for reminding me that it is already after noon o'clock out here.  Nothing wrong with opening an IPA, or three, a little early on Friday.

you're welcome ! !

:cheer:

p.s. oh,..Il Mostro ,...it's NEVER TOO  early....

:love0040:

cheers ~ ~

:beer:

Oh i forgot Brady now has Amendola. Life should be good for the Pats!

Granted, Jets' fans have not seen a decent offense in quite sometime or maybe ever, but how is having Gronk, Hernandez, Llyod, Amendola and Jones bad?

The first two have over 4000 yards and 56 TDs combined their three season with Brady.

Yeah, it is going to be tough.  Again, they should get 500 or dam close to 500 points.

Granted, Jets' fans have not seen a decent offense in quite sometime or maybe ever, but how is having Gronk, Hernandez, Llyod, Amendola and Jones bad?

The first two have over 4000 yards and 56 TDs combined their three season with Brady.

Yeah, it is going to be tough.  Again, they should get 500 or dam close to 500 points.

you say this as if Gronk isn't going to miss any games

dude is made of glass

you say this as if Gronk isn't going to miss any games

dude is made of glass

Scratch Llyod from my post.

Why is he made of glass?

Because Bernanrd Pollard landed on his ankle when trying to tackle him?  Or the freak accident that happened on an XP?

The guy walked away from this...

2011-11-22-gronkowski.jpg

He is not made of glass.

Scratch Llyod from my post.

Why is he made of glass?

Because Bernanrd Pollard landed on his ankle when trying to tackle him?  Or the freak accident that happened on an XP?

The guy walked away from this...

2011-11-22-gronkowski.jpg

He is not made of glass.

okay he's made of straw.  how about that?

bye bye Brandon Lloyd :D

the Patriots look like they'll go 8-8 this year :D

Another weak shot. But that all you have got. Enjoy Amendola for the 4 games he lasts this season!

Another weak shot. But that all you have got. Enjoy Amendola for the 4 games he lasts this season!

How is it weak?

The Jets have eclipsed 400 points three times in their history.   How many great offenses have JN seen?  None.  Face it...I am spot on.

How is it weak?

The Jets have eclipsed 400 points three times in their history.   How many great offenses have JN seen?  None.  Face it...I am spot on.

Its another d-bag attempt at trolling. That's why it is weak.

This was about how Beli is effing around ith Brady showing who is boss. This has nothing to do with JETS offense and we are aware of its state so don't repeat it.

Its another d-bag attempt at trolling. That's why it is weak.

This was about how Beli is effing around ith Brady showing who is boss. This has nothing to do with JETS offense and we are aware of its state so don't repeat it.

It was not a trolling attempt.  I know how to troll.  Trust me.  :)

That makes absolutely no sense.  That makes a little sense if he was sending a message to Wes.  I think my first post on Amendola signing thread was it was giving a middle finger to Wes. 

If the message was for Brady, he would not have given a practically non-cutting contract. 

It was not a trolling attempt.  I know how to troll.  Trust me.  :)

That makes absolutely no sense.  That makes a little sense if he was sending a message to Wes.  I think my first post on Amendola signing thread was it was giving a middle finger to Wes. 

If the message was for Brady, he would not have given a practically non-cutting contract. 

Whatever beef he had with Wes, it ends up hurting Brady!

Whatever beef he had with Wes, it ends up hurting Brady!

They both have to want to sign. 

According to Reiss, the ESPN Boston guy, said they had a longer agreement for more last year (3yr-24 million).  Wes did not want it and something happened a week ago that spurred the Patriots to go after Amendola.

Maybe Wes got tired of the Patriot way.  Maybe he tried to squeeze more money out of the Patriots.  We will never know.

They both have to want to sign. 

According to Reiss, the ESPN Boston guy, said they had a longer agreement for more last year (3yr-24 million).  Wes did not want it and something happened a week ago that spurred the Patriots to go after Amendola.

Maybe Wes got tired of the Patriot way.  Maybe he tried to squeeze more money out of the Patriots.  We will never know.

Archived