If You Were An NFL Non-Star Would You Use Steroids?

kelticwizard

14 members have voted

1. 1. If You Didn't Have The Big Talent, Would You Use Steroids & Such?

• Yes
    • No

Some people just have the big talent.  They were always able to run past everybody or throw the ball right where they needed or able to control someone at the line of scrimmage.  These people know that the only one who can really stop them is themselves.  They don't need to take steroids to stay in the league and have a great career.

Then you have the guys in the middle and lower.  These guys frequently can be effective against NFL caliber players but they also can be beat by many of them.  They well know that they are a bad game or even a couple of bad plays away from getting cut.  Now imagine yourself as one of these players.

Would you take steroids in this situation?  Football only pays if you stay on the team.  Get away with steroids for just a couple of years, and you have a lifetime's fortune.  Be honest and end up getting cut in training camp or during the season, and you have very little to show for those years of effort.  And you'll know that many guys with your talent level are in the league because they took the performance enhancing drugs.

If you're Joe Schmoe in the NFL, would you take the steroids?

You didn't get that far without them.

You think there's nobody who started taking performance enhancing drugs after they entered the NFL?

The league is full of stars in college who become journeymen/scrubs once they become pro.

You think there's nobody who started taking performance enhancing drugs after they entered the NFL?

The league is full of stars in college who become journeymen/scrubs once they become pro.

Gyms throughout the world are packed with guys juicing that aren't NFL caliber. More people do it than don't.  Practice squad kickers are juiced.  Juice doesn't make a stiff an NFL quality player.  It's not a magic bullet.  It's a tool.  Are there any players in the NFL that don't lift weights?

God doesn't make people who are 6'5, 265 lbs with 4% body fat who run 4.6/40's.

Da Nile ain't just a river in Egypt. Cortisone shots, B12 shots, supplements all go right to the line of "steroids" that lazy sportwriters love to wax poetic about. Anyone doubt for a second that if Derek Jeter could take a shot to play Opening Day on Monday, only issue would be where on his body to inject him. The line between evil steroids and leigitmate medicine is very blurry if it exsist at all.

The homo sapien species has not evolved in 30 years this quick. Watch any MLB game on tape form as recently as the 1980s. Nobody is as big as you average middle infielder is right now, and there are some fat guys. Same with old NFL footage. And NBA game features a bunch of guys who do nothing but bench press Hondas all day every day unless....something else is going on.

I right now have plantar fascitis. It's less than wonderful to wake up in the morning. The treatment is in fact a steroid shot administered by a  doctor, which can mostly stop the pain. I have a cousin who is a medical doctor(who is not treating me on this), and while she thinks shots like that mask pain rather than solve the problem, she has no problem with them.

Reminders:

The NBA and NHL totally stop testing before the playoffs.

The science and chemsitry will always be ahead of the testing.

Da Nile ain't just a river in Egypt. Cortisone shots, B12 shots, supplements all go right to the line of "steroids" that lazy sportwriters love to wax poetic about. Anyone doubt for a second that if Derek Jeter could take a shot to play Opening Day on Monday, only issue would be where on his body to inject him. The line between evil steroids and leigitmate medicine is very blurry if it exsist at all.

The homo sapien species has not evolved in 30 years this quick. Watch any MLB game on tape form as recently as the 1980s. Nobody is as big as you average middle infielder is right now, and there are some fat guys. Same with old NFL footage. And NBA game features a bunch of guys who do nothing but bench press Hondas all day every day unless....something else is going on.

I right now have plantar fascitis. It's less than wonderful to wake up in the morning. The treatment is in fact a steroid shot administered by a doctor, which can mostly stop the pain. I have a cousin who is a medical doctor(who is not treating me on this), and while she thinks shots like that mask pain rather than solve the problem, she has no problem with them.

Reminders:

The NBA and NHL totally stop testing before the playoffs.

The science and chemsitry will always be ahead of the testing.

It's such a losing battle, and one that the leagues don't really want to win. You think Bud Selig wouldn't love to see another Sosa v. McGwire v. Bonds race to 75 homers? Fans talk sh*t about steroids, but they don't back it up, as evidenced by all the empty seats in ballparks around the country. Pitchers duels are the most boring live event you'll ever witness. Nobody pays all that game day money to watch a 3-2 slap-hitting demonstration. I want to see 600 foot homers.

I think some people still have the impression that steroid use means creeping into the alley behind the gym to get shot up with a dirty needle by a guy named Huggy. The new sh*t comes off of any of nine million websites in tablet form.

It's such a losing battle, and one that the leagues don't really want to win. You think Bud Selig wouldn't love to see another Sosa v. McGwire v. Bonds race to 75 homers? Fans talk sh*t about steroids, but they don't back it up, as evidenced by all the empty seats in ballparks around the country. Pitchers duels are the most boring live event you'll ever witness. Nobody pays all that game day money to watch a 3-2 slap-hitting demonstration. I want to see 600 foot homers.

I think some people still have the impression that steroid use means creeping into the alley behind the gym to get shot up with a dirty needle by a guy named Huggy. The new sh*t comes off of any of nine million websites in tablet form.

That's the dirty little secret. These leagues don't want the sports cleaned up.

Does that mean the present day steroids don't do that, or have similar effects?

Not a rhetorical question-I don't keep up on this and honestly don't know.

The easy access stuff I would say they can have similar effects, but the good stuff not so much. I don't know sh*t THO. 

why does every freaking thread have to come back to sanchez??

Archived