The Great Ones

Borgoguy

There are certain songs--no matter the genre--which always elicit an emotional response, either positive or negative. Please feel free to post any which meet this criterium.

For me, there are many.  But, for some reason, I listen to and play this song on my guitar more than any other.   Townshend is one of my rock idols, and this tune has all of the elements of his many, brilliantly constructed, compositions.

Wait. What? Borgo's back?

As it's the season, I'm just acting out a Paschal Lamb scenario. 

Actually, after so many of you stopped by the other joint to say hello, I thought it proper to reciprocate.

Nice to see you, Bob.

For obvious reasons, most NFL stadiums play "Start Me Up".  But, for me, this one is the rouser.  No matter how bummed I may be, this number always brings a smile.  

What a friggin' rhythm.  One day, it is my hope that DLJ will entertain me by performing an interpretive dance to this tune as I watch atop a mountain of plush pillows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_ZJ1WGPMQk

For obvious reasons, most NFL stadiums play "Start Me Up".  But, for me, this one is the rouser.  No matter how bummed I may be, this number always brings a smile.  

What a friggin' rhythm.  One day, it is my hope that DLJ will entertain me by performing an interpretive dance to this tune as I watch atop a mountain of plush pillows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_ZJ1WGPMQk

LOL...........

• 2 weeks later...

Can I post some of my videos here? Wait, never mind the last time I posted a video on a Jets board I got 5 thumbs downs-the only time I ever got a thumbs down in 90 videos-I think it was at JI though-there's a bunch of little twerps over there

Can I post some of my videos here? Wait, never mind the last time I posted a video on a Jets board I got 5 thumbs downs-the only time I ever got a thumbs down in 90 videos-I think it was at JI though-there's a bunch of little twerps over there

No.  We don't focus on spoken word pieces in this thread.

LOL.  What's up, SoFla?  I don't recall the video.  Hope I gave you a favorable review.  You know I dig the material you and your son create.

• 1 month later...

There are certain songs--no matter the genre--which always elicit an emotional response, either positive or negative. Please feel free to post any which meet this criterium.

For me, there are many.  But, for some reason, I listen to and play this song on my guitar more than any other.   Townshend is one of my rock idols, and this tune has all of the elements of his many, brilliantly constructed, compositions.

I can and do listent to "Quadraphenia" at least once a week.

I can and do listent to "Quadraphenia" at least once a week.

I'm right with you on this, Bugg.  He has so many great songs, but Quadrophenia may be Townshend's masterwork.  

Have you seen the BBC's "making of" documentary (Can You See the Real Me?") they show on Palladia?  Very entertaining with lots of  interesting backstory. here it is should you have an hour to kill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjzKZMX9I-o

Background: The song and album was released in 1979,  right in the middle of an ongoing public debate back then about whether the United States should sacrifice England and Europe in a nuclear confrontation with the then-existing USSR.

Beeg here's a couple of Bowie covers I did

This first one is from Space Oddity; An Occasional Dream

http://youtu.be/uYQSCpiFanQ

You know I have always been a big fan of your work.  You have really captured some magic on this rendition.  Very emotional.

Kudos on the choice of song.  I haven't heard that one in a long time.  Also, I don't remember you having that 12 string.

and here's Heroes

You are so "in the pocket" on this one. It's one of my favorite strums.  Unlike you, I don't have your relentless professional chops.  Well done, and thanks for sharing your great gift.

Archived