The five guys in this draft you think will have the best pro careers

T0mShane

This will be one of those threads that are fun to necro two years from now. Pick the five guys out of this draft class that you think will end up having the best pro careers.

1. Luke Joeckel: I'm sure he'll come in and be a perennial Pro Bowler at LT who makes a ton of money in KC.

2. Jarvis Jones: I think the Steelers will draft him at #17, and he spends his career driving Joe Flacco into the ground Terrell Suggs-style. Just a natural pass-rusher.

3. Geno Smith: I think having his draft stock fall (if it does) might be a blessing in disguise for Smith. If he ends up on the right team with the right coach (meaning anywhere but Jacksonville or the Raiders), we might end up looking back on his pre-draft bashing the same way we now look back on Dan Marino's pre-draft bashing. I think the Eagles will draft him, and they'll use him like Kaepernick is used in SF. Everyone smirked when Kaepernick was drafted high, too.

4. Zach Ertz: I think he's Jason Witten, and he'll terrorize defenses in much the same way.

5. DJ Fluker: He's going to murder people from the RT spot for years to come.

6. Tavon Austin: He's going to score TDs wherever he ends up, and (if he stays healthy) he's going to give defensive coordinators and special teams coaches cold sweats like few players in the league.

7. Jonathan Franklin, RB, UCLA: He's going to be Ray Rice for somebody.

8. DaMontre Moore: He's supposedly a wack bag, but he can rush the passer like a pimp. If the light goes on (not unlike Coples), people are going to be asking themselves how he didn't go in the first round.

9. Cordarrelle Patterson: Too big, too fast, too gifted to fail. He's a natural receiver and not just a track star. I like guys who can make plays by themselves, and Patterson can. Reminds me a lot of Victor Cruz.

10. Brandon Jenkins, OLB, FSU: He was a dominant pass rusher before injuries screwed him up a bit, but if he gets in the right spot (Giants), he could be a double digit sack guy that gets drafted in the third round.

Hard to quantify, but here are five names even though you did double.

Dion Jordan (best of the pass rushing OLBs in this heavy draft)

Keenan Allen (best WR in the class when all is sad and done)

Tyler Eifert (better than Ertz and will prove it)

Luke Joekel (duh)

Marcus Lattimore (a stretch but sure)

I've got doubts about Dion Jordan. I know everyone loves his athleticism, but the dude is thin and doesn't seem to have a lot of pass rush ability. From the videos, he gets all of his pressures by running around guys on blitzes, which won't really happen in the NFL. IMO, he needs a lot of technique work yet.

I've got doubts about Dion Jordan. I know everyone loves his athleticism, but the dude is thin and doesn't seem to have a lot of pass rush ability. From the videos, he gets all of his pressures by running around guys on blitzes, which won't really happen in the NFL. IMO, he needs a lot of technique work yet.

he is thin but if you put 30 pounds on the guy he becomes a beast. still growing. 

my "5"

1) Joeckel 

2) Fisher

3) Chance

4) Austin

5)  Eifert

To put another twist to this question. What QB's (name two) you think will be most successful in the NFL coming out? I preface to say not that any will be all pro but who do you think will be the best out of the crop?

Schefter cited "whispers around the league" that led him to that conclusion.

the conclusion that a top 5 graded player might be available at 18. Not that he's gonna be there late in the 1st. you put that part in there. 

the word best is loosely defined but Geno Smith has a multiude of outcomes. He could be great, he could be terrible, he could be anywhere in between. Any1 who puts him on their top 5 players in the draft list is engaging in hope. A guy like Joeckel won't be terrible. He will be either great or decent. It depends on what "best" means but putting this player on this list is overlooking about 20 safer prospects. And I think risk should be considered. 

I like that list.  Renfree is the only QB I really want in this draft -- I am not so sure he lasts until we pick in the 5th.  

Big Renfree fan

Not the most physically gifted QB, but cool as hell under pressure and a great decision maker.

Mayock listed him as one of his biggest sleepers in the draft. Said his demeanor reminds him a lot of Peyton Manning. Kid is always working on his craft and is a total film junkie.

the word best is loosely defined but Geno Smith has a multiude of outcomes. He could be great, he could be terrible, he could be anywhere in between. Any1 who puts him on their top 5 players in the draft list is engaging in hope. A guy like Joeckel won't be terrible. He will be either great or decent. It depends on what "best" means but putting this player on this list is overlooking about 20 safer prospects. And I think risk should be considered. 

#prospects

Think of best as the guys who will last the longest at a top level. 

I like Renfree too. QB from Duke...GM from Duke...I feel like the Jets would be classing up the joint a little, much like myself. 

the word best is loosely defined but Geno Smith has a multiude of outcomes. He could be great, he could be terrible, he could be anywhere in between. Any1 who puts him on their top 5 players in the draft list is engaging in hope.

My list was all guards, which is engaging in FACT.

Big Renfree fan

Not the most physically gifted QB, but cool as hell under pressure and a great decision maker.

Mayock listed him as one of his biggest sleepers in the draft. Said his demeanor reminds him a lot of Peyton Manning. Kid is always working on his craft and is a total film junkie.

The only knock I can see is his lack of speed and mobility, but I think he makes up for that with great awareness in the pocket.  He is cagey and has enough mobility to extend the play, plus has NFL caliber tools in every other area.  I have a feeling he will not last past the middle of the 4th.  

Archived