This is the best Mock Draft I have seen for the JETS, Revis trade

drocksthaparty

I know everyone's in love with Austin. But he's a midget. Have jj watt lay a shoulder on him or haloti ngata land on top of him and its its IR in an instant for the little guy. College is the ideal place for the athletically gifted. But in the pros, everyone's athletically gifted, and generally very big to boot. Not even Reggie Bush could translate his athleticism into success until he bulked up and worked himself into a pro athletes body over several years. Austin is no Reggie Bush. And not even Reggie Bush pro nfl player is Reggie Bush college football player. Pass-a-rooney on Tavon Austin IMO.

I know everyone's in love with Austin. But he's a midget. Have jj watt lay a shoulder on him or haloti ngata land on top of him and its its IR in an instant for the little guy. College is the ideal place for the athletically gifted. But in the pros, everyone's athletically gifted, and generally very big to boot. Not even Reggie Bush could translate his athleticism into success until he bulked up and worked himself into a pro athletes body over several years. Austin is no Reggie Bush. And not even Reggie Bush pro nfl player is Reggie Bush college football player. Pass-a-rooney on Tavon Austin IMO.

You act like the small slot isn't a position that has been huge for some guys. 

Who? Or should I say, which small slot has been worth a top 15 overall pick? Not too many.

It kinda shows you how weak this draft is though. Austin would be picked in the 20's in most drafts because of his size, like you pointed out and Geno in the teens for that matter. The top 7 in this draft has been chopped off. With that being said, the Jets could go any number of ways without upsetting me. The only position I dont like anyone at is OLB. All of those guys scare me, the first round guys anyway.

its actually a very deep draft but it's weak at the top for QB and WR. it's a strong OL and pass rusher draft for the first round. 

The OL is very nice. I wouldn't mind getting OT, or OG with the 9 or 13, then getting Margus Hunt or Glennon in the 2nd. With the other pick in the first I would like to see the Jets get Eifert or Austin. The pass rushers just scare me, especially Mingo. I like Star too.

I can't believe this mock, I would love it, I want to see what you guys think?

http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/damond-talbots-first-2013-mock-draft-1-0/

I made a thread saying this very thing back on April 4th. 

If this happened I'd be quite pleased with it, the Jets would also be the talk of the entire draft. I also said that we should pick up Stedman Bailey in a later round. I believe that all 3 guys have nfl level talent and no matter what team they end up on I believe that there's a very good possibility of those 3 being productive on the professional level.

If we seriously take Geno at 9 and we get the trade at 13 and Tavon is still on the board I absolutely believe that the jets will pull the trigger. We talk about pass rushers all the time but the bottomline is that the Jets were the 2nd best defense against the pass last year allowing less than 190 yards per game in the air and 5th in 2011. Granted, we had Darrelle and if we trade him we'll certainly have to get to the QB quicker, yet again Revis went down in the 3rd week of the season and we still finished 2nd best in that category when it was all said and done.

We need more of a well rounded LB corp that can also stop the run. We got lit up quite a few times on the ground. But not to get off topic. I would Support a Geno/Austin draft.

if that happens is Foles worth trading a 3rd for instead of drafting a QB in the 2nd

Nah. At that point (if the Eagles took Geno), the Eagles would lose leverage, and would basically be dumping Foles, probably for a 4th this year and a conditional second (based on playing time) next year.

Nah. At that point (if the Eagles took Geno), the Eagles would lose leverage, and would basically be dumping Foles, probably for a 4th this year and a conditional second (based on playing time) next year.

I was asking if trading for Foles would be better than picking up a QB in the second round. Personally, id rather pick Ryan Nassib or Mike Glennon or even EJ Manuel than give up potentially two picks for Foles

I was asking if trading for Foles would be better than picking up a QB in the second round. Personally, id rather pick Ryan Nassib or Mike Glennon or even EJ Manuel than give up potentially two picks for Foles

Ah, the Jets? No. That's something you wouldn't do until you knew who your coach was moving forward.

If Geno is good, the #4 slot will look like a steal in three years. Vick is toast, and Foles can't run.

Flacco was also a reach at his slot.  No one cares years later when he's the SB MVP.  Especially with a QB.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/afcgrades.html

Worst Pick: Joe Flacco, QB, Delaware, Round 1. 

When Matt Ryan was taken third, the Ravens’ dreams were shattered. They traded down to the bottom of the first, then back up to the middle of the first to take a second round talent to fill a need.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/10802077

Questionable move: Trading up to get quarterback Joe Flacco. They probably could have stayed at 26 and still landed him. Plus, Brian Brohm and Chad Henne were better options.

I am not a Joe Flacco fan and I think they should have waited for Brohm in the second round, while getting another marquee defender in the first round.

Losers:
Baltimore Ravens: (D)
Am I the only one that thinks Flacco is an incredible reach? The Ravens could have easily grabbed him without trading up for multiple reasons. For one, he wasn’t the next best quarterback. Also, the next quarterback that was drafted was Brian Brohm, and he was 38 picks later. Sure your original target, Matt Ryan, was already picked and you didn’t want to take the risk that Flacco was picked, but moving up to 18 is way too much.

The Nevermores gave up the eighth choice overall and a sixth-round pick for the 18th choice overall (used to grab Joe Flacco,whom they might have chosen had they stayed put)

Flacco was also a reach at his slot.  No one cares years later when he's the SB MVP.  Especially with a QB.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/afcgrades.html

Worst Pick: Joe Flacco, QB, Delaware, Round 1. 

When Matt Ryan was taken third, the Ravens’ dreams were shattered. They traded down to the bottom of the first, then back up to the middle of the first to take a second round talent to fill a need.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/10802077

Questionable move: Trading up to get quarterback Joe Flacco. They probably could have stayed at 26 and still landed him. Plus, Brian Brohm and Chad Henne were better options.

I am not a Joe Flacco fan and I think they should have waited for Brohm in the second round, while getting another marquee defender in the first round.

Losers:
Baltimore Ravens: (D)
Am I the only one that thinks Flacco is an incredible reach? The Ravens could have easily grabbed him without trading up for multiple reasons. For one, he wasn’t the next best quarterback. Also, the next quarterback that was drafted was Brian Brohm, and he was 38 picks later. Sure your original target, Matt Ryan, was already picked and you didn’t want to take the risk that Flacco was picked, but moving up to 18 is way too much.

The Nevermores gave up the eighth choice overall and a sixth-round pick for the 18th choice overall (used to grab Joe Flacco,whom they might have chosen had they stayed put)

Geno is a very different prospect than Flacco was. He doesn't have the elite tool that Flacco does. Also, if Flacco had gone to a good school he would've been a top 5 picks easily. Small school players always go lower because they haven't proven it against good competition. 

the Eagles might take Geno but it's not gonna be at 4. this year I don't think any QB goes top 10 and it's because of the new CBA. the sweet spot to take these guys is after pick 10 but before pick 32. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/22037047/nfl-draft-yearfive-option-makes-qbs-more-valuable

obviously you break that rule for an Andrew Luck but there's no prospect like that in this draft. 

Geno is a very different prospect than Flacco was. He doesn't have the elite tool that Flacco does. Also, if Flacco had gone to a good school he would've been a top 5 picks easily. Small school players always go lower because they haven't proven it against good competition. 

Who is comparing Geno vs Flacco as far as how good of a prospect they were entering the draft? You and no one.

I'm saying that, particularly with QB, if the guy ends up being good no one's going to remember if he was a bit of a reach at his drafted slot.

the Eagles might take Geno but it's not gonna be at 4. this year I don't think any QB goes top 10 and it's because of the new CBA. the sweet spot to take these guys is after pick 10 but before pick 32. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/22037047/nfl-draft-yearfive-option-makes-qbs-more-valuable

obviously you break that rule for an Andrew Luck but there's no prospect like that in this draft. 

The new CBA makes it MORE likely for a team to take a shot on a lesser QB early, like at #4.  

Miss on a QB that high and you lose a draft pick but can easily recover because he's still only making roughly great backup QB money.  Miss on a QB that high with the prior CBA and you're sticking with him come hell or high water because he's making $10-12M/year with most of it guaranteed and therefore cripples your franchise for years at the position (Mark Sanchez, Jamarcus Russell, Alex Smith, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, etc.) and the only way out is to get impossibly lucky (like Arizona with Warner fixing their Leinart problem).

The ability to recover from a swing and a miss is far greater now than in years prior.  If 2012 had 2010's rookie contracts, Tannehill doesn't go #8 and Blaine Gabbert doesn't go #10.  Guys like that probably would have been lower down with the Freeman-Pennington-Ramsey-Boller level prospects.  But with today's CBA, I think it's more likely that a prospect like Freeman would get drafted closer to 10 than 20 because the get out of jail free card is so much cheaper.

Archived