Nassib: Bills concerned Jets will grab him in late R1

Integrity28

It would be awesome if we could bait the Bills into drafting this guy at #8. All it would mean is that it's going to push someone to us at #9 that we'll either pounce on, or some other team will want to move up for.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported on SportsCenterWednesday that Jets OC Marty Mornhinweg is "very high" on Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib, and the Bills are worried the Jets will poach him.

As Sal Pal alluded to, the Jets "control the first round" to some extent with the Nos. 9 and 13 selections, either or even both of which could be used as trade bait for a coveted player such as Tavon Austin or if a top-five player surprisingly falls. Both the Jets and Bills have QB needs and are very high on Nassib. "I know one thing for sure in talking to people around the league," Paolantonio reported. "The Buffalo Bills want Ryan Nassib. But they're very concerned the Jets will take him later in the first round. So the Bills may be forced to take him at No. 8."

I don't want a QB in the first 3 rounds this year, no point. They all suck.

This draft sucks. Which is why if we did keep both #9 and #13, I don't mind us going Cooper and Eiffert. Those are 2 players in this draft that I feel contribute immediately and at a high level. 

If we don't trade back, then I'd kind of like us to go that way. Guaranteed production and impact.

I think in R2 we can get a situational pass rusher, to throw into the mix with the guys we have currently.

Yes, lets let the OC who's going to be fired after a year when Rex is pick a system QB who would have no value otherwise. Not even the Jets are stupid enough to do that.

Your response would indicate you didn't read the original post. 

Nobody is advocating we take him. I'm pointing out the Bills fearing we might, and it forcing their hand to reach for him at #8. That's a good thing for us... duh.

Your response would indicate you didn't read the original post.

Nobody is advocating we take him. I'm pointing out the Bills fearing we might, and it forcing their hand to reach for him at #8. That's a good thing for us... duh.

I read it but the Sal Pal quotes are advocating that the Jets like Nassib which is the height of stupidity. Hopefully it's a smokescreen.

I read it but the Sal Pal quotes are advocating that the Jets like Nassib which is the height of stupidity. Hopefully it's a smokescreen.

The Jets are being linked to every player in the draft right now... because nobody knows sh*t. Relax.

Dreaming here but if the Jets walk out of the 1st round having fixed the QB and WR position, life would be good.

Totally dreaming though.

You have strange dreams-more realistic that you start a jetswebsite on your own with two others

I don't want a QB in the first 3 rounds this year, no point. They all suck.

This draft sucks. Which is why if we did keep both #9 and #13, I don't mind us going Cooper and Eiffert. Those are 2 players in this draft that I feel contribute immediately and at a high level. 

If we don't trade back, then I'd kind of like us to go that way. Guaranteed production and impact.

I think in R2 we can get a situational pass rusher, to throw into the mix with the guys we have currently.

I really hope the Jets aren't thinking this way. TE and guard are lower value positions. Taking both that high is weak.

They should have a choice of Mingo, Jones, maybe Star, there. That's where the real impact is, with Austin being the impact player on offense. They can move back and safely land Ertz. The difference between a top guard and an average one has a minimal impact, and starting guards will be available at the end of the draft. The difference between a premier pass rusher and an average one is huge, however. You can't pass on a pass rusher for a guard.

I really hope the Jets aren't thinking this way. TE and guard are lower value positions. Taking both that high is weak.

They should have a choice of Mingo, Jones, maybe Star, there. That's where the real impact is, with Austin being the impact player on offense. They can move back and safely land Ertz. The difference between a top guard and an average one has a minimal impact, and starting guards will be available at the end of the draft. The difference between a premier pass rusher and an average one is huge, however. You can't pass on a pass rusher for a guard.

I spent all day yesterday reinforcing this point, so you know I agree with you.

All I'm saying here is I wouldn't mind, meaning I would be all "I'm going throw things through my TV" about it. 

Jets PRAYING Bills panic and take Nassib at 8, Trust me, it drops someone they want to them at 9

Definitely.

It's funny too, watching the "experts" re-do their mocks over and over in a reactionary fashion, because of every new rumor.

Nassib is good but I'd much rather take EJ in the late 1st or early second. You can bet the Eagles want EJ. Nassib taken at 8 only causes a run on QBs and may push Geno down and EJ up. Nassib at 8 would completely play into Jets hand. They will get a lot of calls for a move up. Should be exciting.

Nassib is a good QB. My wish list for QBs is

1) Manuel

2) Dysert

3) Nassib

Sal Pal also came out the other day and said that he thinks the Jets are broke. LOL. So, yeah...

Anyway, no big deal if we like Nasib. Do we like him like him is what I'm worried about. I think I'll ask Becky to ask Bobby what he thinks of us.

I can't wait for the ******* draft to start so all the speculations stop.

Oh, I think the jockeying by some teams, and the manipulation of the mediate to create disinformation by the teams is immensely entertaining. 

The only people that lose are the media jagoffs.

Oh, I think the jockeying by some teams, and the manipulation of the mediate to create disinformation by the teams is immensely entertaining. 

The only people that lose are the media jagoffs.

Your boy Francessa said he got a text saying you could put this in the book.

Your boy Francessa said he got a text saying you could put this in the book.

How many calls from stuttering, floundering Jets fans did he get after that and how quickly did he hang up on them before trashing them?

Archived