do the jets trade back into the 1st for qb?

ylekram

lets face it,the jets dont have a starting qb on the roster.do the jets put all their eggs in one basket next year,like they did with sanchez? or do they draft one every year till one sticks? thoughts?

other possibilities.draft one in the second ,third,or later

No matter which QB they take in any round, it's the same schlock.

When you don't have a viable NFL QB on your roster you have two options, go another year without a viable NFL QB or try to acquire the best guy available and hope to develop your own stud. It makes zero sense to have the most important position on the field, the position that more than any other determines who wins and loses and purposely choose a guy that you know is only the fifth or sixth best guy available to you. You take a guy with upside and draft another one next year if you get the chance. Heck, take the best QB you can every year until you have an elite QB. There are three kinds of teams in the league...those with elite QB's who have a chance to win it all; those with high end developmental guys who have hope of moving to the first group; those with jack squat. It is no fun to be in group three.

Sounds like a good plan but the trouble is, if you draft a guy who you don't really believe in but who was the best available and he shows anything at all, there will pressure to let him continue his development another year or two.  Then after that, you discover that the guy quits improving and you've shot 3 years on a guy you never believed in in the first place.

If you take a guy to be the leader of your team, developing him will take time, more often than not.

if we were a good team with a qb bray could sit behind yes

we suck so no. We need a guy who is gonna come in and immediettly be the leader

If the Jets don't think that guy can be THE GUY, then taking a QB too high is a wasted pick. I'm not against them taking a QB at the end of the first/early second, but they really need to have a lot of confidence in him to pass on any number of surer thing prospects there.

Sounds like a good plan but the trouble is, if you draft a guy who you don't really believe in but who was the best available and he shows anything at all, there will pressure to let him continue his development another year or two.  Then after that, you discover that the guy quits improving and you've shot 3 years on a guy you never believed in in the first place.

If you take a guy to be the leader of your team, developing him will take time, more often than not.

So, take another guy next year.  Teams carry multiple QB's.  In today's market with salary slotting, you can take 2 or 3 first round pick QB's for similar money to what you used to pay a guy.  Grab a guy each year and let them battle it out.  When you don't have a QB, you have to make every effort to go get one.

So, take another guy next year.  Teams carry multiple QB's.  In today's market with salary slotting, you can take 2 or 3 first round pick QB's for similar money to what you used to pay a guy.  Grab a guy each year and let them battle it out.  When you don't have a QB, you have to make every effort to go get one.

This is the key.  You don't have to pay a first round QB 50 million anymore.  Take one with every 1st round pick until you find your guy.  Let them all compete.  The cream will rise to the top.

No!!!! Every qb in this draft is terrible, save for maybe Barkley.

Hope for Bridgewater.

So play for the number 1 draft pick next year?  Bad strategy.  Win one game by accident and you are out.  Only one team in 32 will get Bridgewater.  We are bad, but not bad enough for the number 1 pick.

So play for the number 1 draft pick next year?  Bad strategy.  Win one game by accident and you are out.  Only one team in 32 will get Bridgewater.  We are bad, but not bad enough for the number 1 pick.

Unless they want to trade back for future 1's. They could get two more along with their #5 overall next year. ;) That could/should be enough to move up for Bridgewater. 

Unless they want to trade back for future 1's. They could get two more along with their #5 overall next year. ;) That could/should be enough to move up for Bridgewater. 

In order to move up, the number one team has to want to move down.  A team picking #1, by definition, has no QB.  Why would they possibly trade down and give up a franchize QB... for any amount of picks.  Not happening.

If the Jets don't think that guy can be THE GUY, then taking a QB too high is a wasted pick. I'm not against them taking a QB at the end of the first/early second, but they really need to have a lot of confidence in him to pass on any number of surer thing prospects there.

oh bray is probably gonna be a 4th rounder i think.

heck mccshay was saying hes the best qb in the draft but he still wouldnt draft him because he doesnt have the consistency or work ethic

If Idzik’s strategy is to put everything on hold until they get a  franchise QB, that’s the way to go.

LOL Jets fans would go insane.  Trade both 9-13 for for future picks.  Come into next season with 3 first rounders, one of them top 5, and 4 second rounders.  Trade up for Bridgewater, (if he has an excellent season), and Clowney.

If Bridgewater doesn’t look like a guaranteed franchise QB, do it again for next season.

In your next 2-3 years you will have a franchise QB .   90% of Jets fans will have killed themselves

In order to move up, the number one team has to want to move down. A team picking #1, by definition, has no QB. Why would they possibly trade down and give up a franchize QB... for any amount of picks. Not happening.

Chill broseph I'm just making up hypotheticals for fun.

Chill broseph I'm just making up hypotheticals for fun.

Broseph?  Is that the new "cool kids" term?  Let me write that down. :winking0001:

Btw, I am chill.  I just hear this ridiculousness far too often.  Stockpiling first round picksmay get you a good player next year, but only #1 or #2 is going to get you Bridgewater.  Unless you are epically bad, just go for the best QB we can this year.  No reason to wait.  With mediocre QB play and our defense, we will likely be picking middle of the pack next year anyway.

Broseph?  Is that the new "cool kids" term?  Let me write that down. :winking0001:

Btw, I am chill.  I just hear this ridiculousness far too often.  Stockpiling first round picksmay get you a good player next year, but only #1 or #2 is going to get you Bridgewater.  Unless you are epically bad, just go for the best QB we can this year.  No reason to wait.  With mediocre QB play and our defense, we will likely be picking middle of the pack next year anyway.

I'd prefer to wait on the QB, but a lot talk around them going after one in the 2nd round. 

Archived