Rex Ryan will be the Head Coach for a long time

Jetsfan80

New regimes mean new QB's.  Always.  We just learned this to be true.

But Rex is still here.  And Geno Smith, while unlikely to be our Day 1 starter, is part of the rebuilding package of the new Idzik era.  So what does this mean?  If the Jets falter under Garrard, replace him with Geno, and stumble to a 3-13 finish, would Rex be held accountable for this?  Absolutely not.

It was fully expected that the end of the Sanchez era would coincide with the end of the Rex Ryan era.  This is no longer true.  

I dont understand why we want anyone would want to get rid of rex...i love this guy as our head coach, he made us relevant with a squad that wasnt performing, his talent dried up but still i sgood coach, he was rook head coach and took awhile to settle down but i think we are smart to keep him. I like the jets attitude

Evb

I dont understand why we want anyone would want to get rid of rex...i love this guy as our head coach, he made us relevant with a squad that wasnt performing, his talent dried up but still i sgood coach, he was rook head coach and took awhile to settle down but i think we are smart to keep him. I like the jets attitude

When it comes to offense in the 2013 NFL, Wrecks is a beeper salesman in an iphone world. Last year's Super Bowl featured 2 supposedly defensive teams . But the score was 34-29. Wrecks still INSANELY thinks you can somehow win games that matter 13-10. He's his father's son, He might be a good DC, he's a blasted fool when it comes to offense.

And the whole ground and pound crap-you scare no one when you cannot score points. Bellicheat laughs at us and counts those 2 wins as givens until we can pass and score.

Build a talented enough roster, and it won't matter who the coach is. See: Carroll, Pete

Yeah cause Idzik gets all the credit for the seahawks going 11-5 last year, but none of the blame for 0 winning seasons prior to last year all the way back to 2007.  Makes sense.

If Geno is a savant and gets the Jets to 11-5, sure.

Yeah cause Idzik gets all the credit for the seahawks going 11-5 last year, but none of the blame for the Seahawks having 0 winning seasons since 2007 before that.  Makes sense.

Too easy. LOL

Believe it when I see it. I can't see Idzik tying his career to Rex unless Woody forces it upon him.

Idizk is 51. He must think this is his last chance to occupy a corner office and cash some nice checks for a decade ro so until he retires to TV or simply retires. Johnson didn't want a young guy looking to stake his claim like Gamble or Ross.He wanted a yes man to cover his messes. From what we know of Idizk;'s background-solid,staid, professional- a loudmouth like Ryan is probably not his ideal. But for the time being he'll put up with him as long as that's what Johnson wants. Idzik probably objectively figures after anothe year of letting Wrecks run ground and punt, along with legions of empty seats, there won't even be a decision.Wrecks is being given the rope to hang himself.

Idizk is 51. He must think this is his last chance to occupy a corner office and cash some nice checks for a decade ro so until he retires to TV or simply retires. Johnson didn't want a young guy looking to stake his claim like Gamble or Ross.He wanted a yes man to cover his messes. From what we know of Idizk;'s background-solid,staid, professional- a loudmouth like Ryan is probably not his ideal. But for the time being he'll put up with him as long as that's what Johnson wants. Idzik probably objectively figures after anothe year of letting Wrecks run ground and punt, along with legions of empty seats, there won't even be a decision.Wrecks is being given the rope to hang himself.

This is my thought, too. Let Rex twist until it becomes cheaper to let him go, then hire Idzik's coach. The two defensive players in Round One scared me, but I think Paolantonio is right--it was just Idzik sticking to his board.

Archived