Rex: Jets will see the best Mark Sanchez 'they've ever seen'

Jetsfan80

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see that after even they finally turned on him by the end of last season, all it took was a few months without football for Pac and Smash to be back to sporting a mouthful of Sanchez spunk.

Its not Sanchez spunk apparently you did not read my posts BG . Im hopeful he turns it around but its clearly stated how bad he played last year in reference to all the turnovers. You better get used to the fact he will be the starter this season and I would hope as a Jets fan you will be rooting for him to succeed.

INTERESTING TIDBIT:

Michael Kay asked Jeff Garcia about working with Sanchez and Sanchez's struggles, etc. Garcia first talked about weapons, then he launched into an extended discussion about how playing QB is a full time job that requires constant preparation every day, all year, "both mentally and physically." Could just be that Sanchez is just a goofy kid that works 9-5 and spends the Spring chasing down C-list MILFs.

Yep.  17 year old coeds turned out to be too fast for him. 

Makes you wonder what the season would have looked like with a full compliment of weapons at his disposal.

No, no it doesn't.  We've seen Sanchez with good weapons to throw to and he still sucked.  Even if he had 2 Megatrons, he'd still be a crappy quarterback, finding ways to overthrow the guy. 

Good QB's don't need perfect circumstances to produce.  They make the players they do have better.  Sanchez can't do that.  Leaving his supporters with nothing but excuses.

Kimberly Jones ‏@KimJonesSports

Mark Sanchez meets media. Says he is "thrilled" to compete. "They drafted a QB. Let's compete."

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

When asked if he expects to win QB competition "no doubt, of course

Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber

Jets C Nick Mangold says he sees something different in Mark Sanchez this year. Senses a more mature attitude.

What a croc of sh*t

OMG Dude. You live in freaking Rochester!!

Don't sleep on Rochester.  The town I live in was in the top 10 places to live in the country list a couple years back. 

Plus starting today, I think, Spiderman 2 is filming a chase scene downtown.  They'll be here for 10 days.  I might stroll over there and see if I can make a cameo in the flick (I set you up..  make the joke a winner).

Don't sleep on Rochester.  The town I live in was in the top 10 places to live in the country list a couple years back. 

Plus starting today, I think, Spiderman 2 is filming a chase scene downtown.  They'll be here for 10 days.  I might stroll over there and see if I can't make a cameo (I set you up..  make the joke a winner).

As handsome as you are no doubt they use you. 

No, no it doesn't.  We've seen Sanchez with good weapons to throw to and he still sucked.  Even if he had 2 Megatrons, he'd still be a crappy quarterback, finding ways to overthrow the guy. 

Good QB's don't need perfect circumstances to produce.  They make the players they do have better.  Sanchez can't do that.  Leaving his supporters with nothing but excuses.

And apparently, he leaves his head coach in awe. 

Its not Sanchez spunk apparently you did not read my posts BG . Im hopeful he turns it around but its clearly stated how bad he played last year in reference to all the turnovers. You better get used to the fact he will be the starter this season and I would hope as a Jets fan you will be rooting for him to succeed.

That post is simply mean spirited. 

And apparently, he leaves his head coach in awe. 

Apparently.  Rex is not innocent in all of this.  As much as I like Rex, if somehow Sanchez is named the Week 1 starter, I'd like to fire him on the spot. 

Somehow I find that hard to believe though.  Rex needs to be in lock step with Idzik.  New regimes mean new QB's, and Idzik didn't bring in Garrard to have him hold a clipboard (if he's healthy), and he didn't bring in Geno Smith to have him be the 3rd stringer.

Hopefully, the only reason Sanchez would be on the roster in August is as an insurance policy to Garrard's health. 

OMG Dude. You live in freaking Rochester!!

Rochester. lulza.  

Ever hear anyone say, "hey man, I'm going to vacation in Rochester!!!"  No.  You dont because who the **** goes to Rochester?

rex and sanchez are like the player whose dad is the coach

This is an analogy that is so obvious it only gets a "duh" response from me.  I mean, between the creepy tattoo and the fact that Rex took Sanchez to his kid's HS games, it's as father-son a relationship as you can get without having a blood relationship.  It'd be cute if Sanchez didn't suck so much at his job.

This is an analogy that is so obvious it only gets a "duh" response from me.  I mean, between the creepy tattoo and the fact that Rex took Sanchez to his kid's HS games, it's as father-son a relationship as you can get without having a blood relationship.  It'd be cute if Sanchez didn't suck so much at his job.

the tattoo lol i almost forgot about that.

remind me of a coach i had when i played baseball. He use to be a pitcher for AAA for rockies.

His son  was average but would always get the start. The coach would talk up his son but you could tell his favorite players were the pitchers (and for rex its his defense)

Apparently.  Rex is not innocent in all of this.  As much as I like Rex, if somehow Sanchez is named the Week 1 starter, I'd like to fire him on the spot. 

Somehow I find that hard to believe though.  Rex needs to be in lock step with Idzik.  New regimes mean new QB's, and Idzik didn't bring in Garrard to have him hold a clipboard (if he's healthy), and he didn't bring in Geno Smith to have him be the 3rd stringer.

Hopefully, the only reason Sanchez would be on the roster in August is as an insurance policy to Garrard's health. 

I dunno, I could see Sanchez starting. The thing is, many expect Geno to sit back and learn and then get a chance to start either later in the season or next year. So what has really changed for the starter slot?  There's a chance Geno may end up starting anyway, but besides that it's between Sanchez and Garrard. Is Garrard really a shoe-in to win that competition? I'm not so sure he is when you consider his age, him coming off of an injury, and him not taking a snap in an extended period of time.

IMO Garrard was originally brought in to be a competitive backup. Keep in mind he was picked up way before the draft, and going into the season we needed insurance in case Sanchez sucks as bad as he did last year. Now I mainly see the competition between Geno and Sanchez, but maybe I'm simply wrong in my estimation of Garrard. All that being said, I seriously doubt that we cut Sanchez unless it looks like a certainty that Geno will start.

Plus starting today, I think, Spiderman 2 is filming a chase scene downtown.  They'll be here for 10 days.  I might stroll over there and see if I can make a cameo in the flick (I set you up..  make the joke a winner).

They were filming by me on Exchange Place last week and it was a non-event.  That should speak volumes about life in Rochester.

Rochester. lulza.  

Ever hear anyone say, "hey man, I'm going to vacation in Rochester!!!"  No.  You dont because who the **** goes to Rochester?

Jacksonville is a complete disaster.  I only go to Orlando and Tampa because a couple buddies live there.  Every time I get back home it takes a week to get the stench of that place off me.

pseudo intellectual.

Jacksonville is a complete disaster.  I only go to Orlando and Tampa because a couple buddies live there.  Every time I get back home it takes a week to get the stench of that place off me.

lol

Rochester lulzalulza

Archived