Die Hard for Mafia - Game Thread

Hallia

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Dap's catchup made me thinking (especially about 80's interactions). I read through Lily's posts (all of them).

Agreed. I'm not sure what I think just yet. [of 80's reveal]

So this is a post that caught my eye on my first re-read and now again. Sounds scummy to me

I'm thinking that Walt is too obscure a character. Worst case scenario, we lose a roleless townie. Best case, we nab scum

Unvote

Vote 80

Pac, you're up to bat!

So now she knows what to think and offers 80 up to bat. Nothing bad with that, though I know it sounded scummy to me at that point (mainly because 80's reveal sounded quite okay to me and I saw no reason why the day shuld end there). 

This makes sense. [JiF backs off from 80 and switches to Leelou]

Unvote

I'm sorry, guys. I just can't get into this game yet, and trying to fake it is coming across as scummy. At least I'm finally starting to get some slight reads. JiF feels town. Crusher feels town. Not sure on anyone else yet.

Again, fair enough. I don't think I like the "not into the game yet" argument (a bit wine-like to me), but it does sound honest. So she's going to make sense now right?

I'm in the camp of people that think there's no hurry to lynch.

Ape pointed ut that she's kind of asking for more reveals.

This is when townies got run up in a row. Ape has a good point, but what interests me more is that Lily was about to get 80 hammered and now she would want to make the day longer. Don't add up.

I agree that we don't need any more reveals today. I also agree that DPR isn't a good lynch today. If it comes down to Leelou or 80, I'm going to go with Walt. 

Vote 80

And a 180 - we don't need more reveals anymore.

Lily, I'm really interested in hearing what your thought were about the trains and 80's lynch in particular, or what your thought are right now.

Now AwesomeVM:

Almost nothing on D1 (except the singl epost Dap has quoted).

Who would shoot JiF and why on D2. Then some defense of that post.

Care to touch some other topic? For instance, what do you think about the D1 trains, especially 80's?

Vote Ape

About time...Vote Ape

4realz...this...time.

Good for you.

Unvote, Vote 80

I can vote Salami.  Unvote, Vote Salami

Could also vote Leelou or Lily.

Looks like a pretty normal, solid gamestart.

Why you always bagging on Darthe?

An interesting post, I think we all know the answer, including JC. Can be a way to start some conversation, he doesn't get to follow up on it, however.

Social talk:

Pool game report, asks for cliffnotes. I like his game so far. Not much of value, but we knew he'd be away for the weekend:

The Crush PM Story + some social talk: http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/111248-die-hard-for-mafia-game-thread/page-16#entry2305137

Follows up on Dap's vote on Lily, then points out that Lily's nudging Darthe's train without voting it an dcalls Darthe out on his pseudo-self vote. All things I can get behind: http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/111248-die-hard-for-mafia-game-thread/page-16#entry2305139, http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/111248-die-hard-for-mafia-game-thread/page-17#entry2305156, http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/111248-die-hard-for-mafia-game-thread/page-17#entry2305169, then he agrees that lurkers should be pressed, the sooner the better

I actually agree with pressuring the lurkers early than later...Unvote, Vote Dap

Some casual comments on Ape and Verbal - I like these posts, very casual, but any of it might just turn into some serious game-related conversation: http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/111248-die-hard-for-mafia-game-thread/page-17#entry2305176, http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/111248-die-hard-for-mafia-game-thread/page-17#entry2305176, http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/111248-die-hard-for-mafia-game-thread/page-17#entry2305178, http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/111248-die-hard-for-mafia-game-thread/page-17#entry2305189

He starts the next posting session with explaining why he found Lily's post scummy. I agree with him.

or...nudging a train cause you know some people like to play the lulz...sorta like lynch Nolder Wednesday...funny once...then some use it as an excuse. [Lily explain about making a joke on Darthe]

Some casual talk, then he agrees with the 80 train.

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/111248-die-hard-for-mafia-game-thread/page-20#entry2305298, http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/111248-die-hard-for-mafia-game-thread/page-20#entry2305299, http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/111248-die-hard-for-mafia-game-thread/page-21#entry2305308, http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/111248-die-hard-for-mafia-game-thread/page-21#entry2305312

He votes 80, then pushes Verbal on Leelou after Verbal says that pac should be lynched instead of 80. Of course there's the question of why he didn't vote 80 when he agreed with the JiF train above. But I like him picking at Verbal, it seemed to me that Verbal didn't add much except for having some remarks like that scattered out.

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/111248-die-hard-for-mafia-game-thread/page-26#entry2305672, http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/111248-die-hard-for-mafia-game-thread/page-26#entry2305673, http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/111248-die-hard-for-mafia-game-thread/page-26#entry2305674, http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/111248-die-hard-for-mafia-game-thread/page-26#entry2305679

Ape points out that he don't like hopping on 80 train and asking about Leelou (#513-514). I can see his point, though it's something that migth have slipped right past me.

Then he summarizes his reads as a replay to Ape, and gone for the day. Kind of.

GFY!

You really need to think before posting...80 is a good D1 lynch...I cannot read Leelou...Verbal has the best insight...plus he wants to slow the 80 train to lynch Pac...I'd like to hear his thought process...you just like to sling poo....again...GFY!

Not sure I'm following...but I'd like to get Verbal reasoning...

EDIT: a bad url quote ate half the post, corrected (now all of it should show)

The same, solid style on D2, though this post is a bit hypocritical, given that JC (just like me btw) has missed all of the endgame on D1:

Welcome back Bro.  Care to contribute?

Following the Ape...not really a contribution...why is JiF dying the best option?

Server still down.  Not sure what the deal.  Weekend out for me.  Wife has both sisters and families in town.  Visit the Alamo time.

You scum?

If absence is the case, why not AVM, Dap, or Lily?

Is your case the same as Crusher?

I could go here...but right now...looks like you are searching for any other option.

6 posts in 6 days.

Vote Dap

If he flips Mason...we know he has a partner...doubt scum fake claim there.

I like these posts, not much casing, but looks like casual scumhunting. All in all, I have a town read on him, but of cousre I don't really know his meta well. From the few games I played with him, I'd expect a little bit more, I dunno - force?

I think I'm gonna read on Darthe next, because he keeps bugging me more and more. On my first re-read he was just a "meh, I dislike this and that" but I'm getting more pings.

I found what bugged me most about Pac btw: it was 80's bussing comment and Pac's casual "shut up your goon" back at him that put me on the scum side. I might forget those, but it seems I haven't so there must have been more. But those alone. WiFoM, at best.

So remove that part and you still pushed other trains and defended his

Fair enough..  You're wrong but I can respect that line of thinking rather than "he's less blustery"..  I'm not sure if you're crafty scum or misguided town.  If you'd like I can find a couple posts early on day 1 when there was virtually no heat on 80 and I was calling him scum.

Said to verb

PAC is now setting up a lynch for 80s flip

Ill see how he follows through with this

So then we get this L1 vote

But before PAC can appear the lynch falls apart

Now here so another instance where 80 chooses to vote someone over leelou when voting leelou might of lead to his survival

It's just plain odd

That's a bit of explanation from him to DPR

Still seems off

PAC has an almost redeeming post. Leelou claims so he suggests 80 again

However he does not vote and leaves it up to others

And here we go

PAC pushed for 80 but when it comes down to it he goes for leelou

He evened her train with 80s as a last ditch effort to save 80

Silly PAC is silly

Lol

Back to the hammering

Well he followed through with his going for verb I guess

You know what the best part is though. 80 hasn't flipped yet. Mods hadn't given us a scene and yet PAC votes verb

If he had missed the hammer then he would be hammering himself

If he was mad about the hammer why would he keep trying to vote verb and not swear at him

It feels like a reply to this

But the flip hadn't happened yet

Lol

That takes us to the end of D1

He goes emo from there then has RL issues

PAC as you can see this has nothing to do with your absence and RL issues

I think you are mafia

vote pac

I just re-read this filth and it's littered with misinformation...  I was voting Verb post the 80 lynch as a joke..  they thought I didn't realize 80 had been hammered (by Verb) so I voted him 3 times in a row. 

I also never "went emo" you disgusting freak.  People were trying to determine why my contributions had tappered off and I gave them an explanation.  When I'm home I play mafia on my desktop (the laptop is the LF's) which is currently riddled with a virus and inoperable.  Look for my post on bleepingcomputer.com (pac1012) if you think I'm lying, then come back here and apologize to me you pig.  Monday and Tues I was monitoring my stolen credit card situation. 

These aren't "excuses"...  they're the reasons why I haven't been around as much as I'd like.  People asked why I slowed down and I told them. 

Vic and Ape are notorious for concocting emo stories to sheild themselves from scrutiny..  that's not my deal, bub.

Come to think of it, why has that stupid, filthy, ape not had 1 vote against him all game?  You freaks seem to want to just follow him around.  F that.

Unvote (I was voting Darthe but it wasn't in VC)

Vote Ape

He's looking a little too clean right now...

I just re-read this filth and it's littered with misinformation...  I was voting Verb post the 80 lynch as a joke..  they thought I didn't realize 80 had been hammered (by Verb) so I voted him 3 times in a row. 

I also never "went emo" you disgusting freak.  People were trying to determine why my contributions had tappered off and I gave them an explanation.  When I'm home I play mafia on my desktop (the laptop is the LF's) which is currently riddled with a virus and inoperable.  Look for my post on bleepingcomputer.com (pac1012) if you think I'm lying, then come back here and apologize to me you pig.  Monday and Tues I was monitoring my stolen credit card situation. 

These aren't "excuses"...  they're the reasons why I haven't been around as much as I'd like.  People asked why I slowed down and I told them. 

Vic and Ape are notorious for concocting emo stories to sheild themselves from scrutiny..  that's not my deal, bub.

Come to think of it, why has that stupid, filthy, ape not had 1 vote against him all game?  You freaks seem to want to just follow him around.  F that.

Unvote (I was voting Darthe but it wasn't in VC)

Vote Ape

He's looking a little too clean right now...

You are an enormous piece of sh*t for even thinking the red, let alone saying it.

Welcome to my list with this propped-up, pseudo scum hunting garbage.

Me thinks Pac is getting pressure and the best way to evade pressure is to poke the Ape, and create a monsterous dust-up that makes everyone tune out and move on.

This is me, not taking the bait.

Yup. There was no reason for him to get all excited like that.

I do believe it's time to hear from Pac - we can use the reveal info and it'll say a lot about Dap as well.

Unvote. Vote Pac

I do believe it's time to hear from Pac - we can use the reveal info and it'll say a lot about Dap as well.

Unvote. Vote Pac

You are referencing what I referred to on D1 when I FOS'ed him, right?

You are an enormous piece of sh*t for even thinking the red, let alone saying it.

Welcome to my list with this propped-up, pseudo scum hunting garbage.

As I remember it you took time off from the game to tend to the house purchase the crap that go's along with the single largest investments most people make.  Not me. I'm an over achiever. My divorce cost twice what any house I ever purchased.  LOL

Vic perfected EMO, spidey pics and awkward boner pics.  First ballet JN mafia hall of famer lock.    Never associated EMO with you.  Your just an arrogant self fellating Ape.  That being said you are not creating any wake this game.  Feels more change up in play or responsibility challenging for time. You did say "being the Ape" is exhausting at one time.  Makes sense you might lighten up. 

Pac is defending well be worth worth watching and even pushing to see if he starts to unravel.  Verb is also making me pay attention.  If he is not a mason and is doing this as scum I would be surprised.

DA player making nice points but not a fan of those long confusing multiple post cases. After a few quotes starts sounding more like a sale than anything else.

AVM is still my best for scum at the moment until he talk to me about his quote regarding catching someone as scum early. 

****** Unofficial VoteCount ******

Crusher(1): AVM

AVM(4): Ape, Verbal, Crusher, Darthe

PAC(3): Salami, Dap, DPR

Dap(3): JC, Lily, Ishy

Ape(1): Pac

Everyone is voting, it takes 7 to lynch

Wow, Pac is totally scum this game. 

To be honest I'm starting to think you might totally be the SK, Spicolli.

Try this on for size...  why is John Mcclane a garden variety vig?  why is John Mcclane still alive when 2 shots were taken last night? 

Unvote. Vote Pac

Love it.. start to rattle a few cages and see who takes the bait..  simpleton.

Me thinks Pac is getting pressure and the best way to evade pressure is to poke the Ape, and create a monsterous dust-up that makes everyone tune out and move on.

This is me, not taking the bait.

I had 2 votes when I wrote that..  hardly insurmountable pressure..

I know what I'm doing, thank you very much.

pig.

Unvote

Vote DPR

He may very well be John Mcclane but I'm starting to belive he's lying about his alignment..  JiF was an Inventor..  Inventors typically make guns and distribute to the field..  DPR is claiming to be a Vig (who holsterered last night).  In a 15 person game a nightly Vig (purportedly DPR), and other shots coming from an inventor seem like overkill.. 

Including Inventor and masons (allegedly), makes it look like Hallia was a bit creative with her setup..  Making Mcclane a SK would actually be a cool twist.

To be honest I'm starting to think you might totally be the SK, Spicolli.

Try this on for size...  why is John Mcclane a garden variety vig?  why is John Mcclane still alive when 2 shots were taken last night? 

Two people died but DPR holstered?  Convenient for sure.  Yet don't see this game working with Mc Clane as the sk.  He only killed bad guys in the movie and vig or cop makes the most sense.  I think DPR shot last night but not admitting it.  

Unvote

Vote DPR

He may very well be John Mcclane but I'm starting to belive he's lying about his alignment..  JiF was an Inventor..  Inventors typically make guns and distribute to the field..  DPR is claiming to be a Vig (who holsterered last night).  In a 15 person game a nightly Vig (purportedly DPR), and other shots coming from an inventor seem like overkill.. 

Including Inventor and masons (allegedly), makes it look like Hallia was a bit creative with her setup..  Making Mcclane a SK would actually be a cool twist.

Did not think of this angle.  yet still think unless you did the reverse mafia thing McClane does not work or make sense as a SKer.  Never know though. 

another thing... DPR is fake smart..  Why would a pseudo intellectual use the name of the lead character when revealing?  If you look back he had moderate pressure and came right out and posted only "John Mcclane" as a reveal. 

Why not give the role of Vig which is what he claims to be?  I suggest he used only the name as a reveal because he figured everyone would assume John was good...  OR...  maybe he used John Mcclane and the real John Mcclane is smartly not countering.

I caught a couple posts around that time that make me think someone was hinting at being the real Mcclane.

Archived