Die Hard for Mafia - Game Thread

Hallia

Pac, are you planning to vote every single player today? You're off to a good start :)

I'm not busy at work so can pay some attention to the game..  this is how I play.

I'm playing chess, not checkers.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two people died but DPR holstered?  Convenient for sure.  Yet don't see this game working with Mc Clane as the sk.  He only killed bad guys in the movie and vig or cop makes the most sense.  I think DPR shot last night but not admitting it.

I don't have a clue how complicated this setup might be. But Die Hard is full of shooting, having multiple killing roles is something that'd be very thematic.

I can't imagine John McClane not being pro-town and he must be in the game. So if DPR is John McClane (and no counterclaims so far, then he should be town.

I don't have a clue how complicated this setup might be. But Die Hard is full of shooting, having multiple killing roles is something that'd be very thematic.

I can't imagine John McClane not being pro-town and he must be in the game. So if DPR is John McClane (and no counterclaims so far, then he should be town.

Agreed. nice to see you back in the game. I was going to eventually kill you face if you didn't.

another thing... DPR is fake smart..  Why would a pseudo intellectual use the name of the lead character when revealing?  If you look back he had moderate pressure and came right out and posted only "John Mcclane" as a reveal. 

Why not give the role of Vig which is what he claims to be?  I suggest he used only the name as a reveal because he figured everyone would assume John was good...  OR...  maybe he used John Mcclane and the real John Mcclane is smartly not countering.

I caught a couple posts around that time that make me think someone was hinting at being the real Mcclane.

It's possible that DPR is fake-claiming and someone's holding back from countering, but then we won't know that until they make their move. I don't know about moderate pressure though, wasn't he at L-2?

a lot of shooting in a game is great until you realize there are 15 people and 4 shots a night..  the game could be over in 2 RL days...

a nightly Vig coupled with an inventor handing out guns is too many townie slanted shots.  There are 15 players..  how many could be scum -- 3, 4 tops? 

As I remember it you took time off from the game to tend to the house purchase the crap that go's along with the single largest investments most people make.  Not me. I'm an over achiever. My divorce cost twice what any house I ever purchased.  LOL

Vic perfected EMO, spidey pics and awkward boner pics.  First ballet JN mafia hall of famer lock.    Never associated EMO with you.  Your just an arrogant self fellating Ape.  That being said you are not creating any wake this game.  Feels more change up in play or responsibility challenging for time. You did say "being the Ape" is exhausting at one time.  Makes sense you might lighten up. 

Pac is defending well be worth worth watching and even pushing to see if he starts to unravel.  Verb is also making me pay attention.  If he is not a mason and is doing this as scum I would be surprised.

DA player making nice points but not a fan of those long confusing multiple post cases. After a few quotes starts sounding more like a sale than anything else.

AVM is still my best for scum at the moment until he talk to me about his quote regarding catching someone as scum early. 

This is the best you've got?  I ballparked what page it was, lol.  Remember when I came out and voted you, claimed the spirits told me you were scum, and said something about annoying JiF more.  lol.

It's possible that DPR is fake-claiming and someone's holding back from countering, but then we won't know that until they make their move. I don't know about moderate pressure though, wasn't he at L-2?

I almost feel like you're trying too hard to look dumb

As I remember it you took time off from the game to tend to the house purchase the crap that go's along with the single largest investments most people make.  Not me. I'm an over achiever. My divorce cost twice what any house I ever purchased.  LOL

Vic perfected EMO, spidey pics and awkward boner pics.  First ballet JN mafia hall of famer lock.    Never associated EMO with you.  Your just an arrogant self fellating Ape.  That being said you are not creating any wake this game.  Feels more change up in play or responsibility challenging for time. You did say "being the Ape" is exhausting at one time.  Makes sense you might lighten up. 

Pac is defending well be worth worth watching and even pushing to see if he starts to unravel.  Verb is also making me pay attention.  If he is not a mason and is doing this as scum I would be surprised.

DA player making nice points but not a fan of those long confusing multiple post cases. After a few quotes starts sounding more like a sale than anything else.

AVM is still my best for scum at the moment until he talk to me about his quote regarding catching someone as scum early. 

Thanks Crusher, I don't want to make this game about my RL distractions, and I think it's sh*tty that Pac went there. I almost suspect he did it because he knew he could uncork a can of worms to derail the attention he's getting. 

I'll say this, to everyone, just once. 

I took a break from mafia because being the over-aggressive a$$hole is exhausting, and at time stressful. You can't be mired in conflict, even for a game, 24/7 without eventually tiring of it. 

So, with the house purchase, and now the move underway, I opted not to have the unnecessary stress of needing to argue with everyone here constantly. I said all this when I told y'all I was going to take some time off. The ONLY reason I played this game is because the theme, and the fact that you risked your moderator position to get me into the game. 

I've spent the past 2 weeks working full time, while closing 3 freelance sales in my off hours, and moving one truckload of sh*t per night into the new house. My wife is 8 months pregnant. I have no family up here. I am doing it ALL  myself. I've worked from the new house the past 2 days while I've had an electrician here fixing a lot of ****ed up sh*t from the numbskull that owned the house before me, and I had to finally pay movers to come help me, because my neck/back/arm is all ****ed up. Which you know about, pains shoot right down my arm like if I was having a heart attack - but it's a pinched nerve. Either way, the constant pain causes me MORE stress on top of everything else. Last night I worked all day, picked wife up from train, went to aparmtent got a SUV full of more crap, unloaded it, went back out to Home Depot for a new rug to put under our bed, came home set it up, vaccumed it, re-assembled our bed, made it, and we slept in our new home for the first time. 

I slept 3 hours. 

I'm so ******* tired and sore and stressed I can't sleep.

These are not excuses, as you can see I've played the game and participated as much as I can. I don't have the energy or time for 100% Ape, and probably won't again for a long, long time. I told everyone this before my break. 

All that being said, I've been a regular participant and contributor to this game. If you are going to case me, please do it based on what I've contributed - meaning go ahead and actually read/follow my activity - don't just make up the "Ape isn't being Ape" accusation. It's an insult to the time I've carved out and effort I've put in.

Thank you.

Well, thank all of you except Pac... Pac, you can GFY.

Just from memory I thought it was more like L3 or 4 but could have been 2..  Either way I take exception with the manner with which he revealed more than anything.  Creating a post and only saying "John Mcclane" could have been a scare tactic to get people to immediately peel off their votes.

I know had I been voting him I would have unvoted right away.

<3

Just to piss you off more...

vote: Crusher

Because he's scum.  The spirits have told me so.

Yawn.

And if it's the "AVM snagged scum" part, I do this just about every game with the one random person I call out as scum then go on with the false bravado for 2-3 game days.

So weak it's beyond weak, Crush.

Also, I'm not sure how someone can say I "haven't left a wake" when I'm the one that cased Leelou, before we ran her up to reveal, I isolated JC on a ping, I was on the wrong side of the 80 situation for a while, I've done some misdirection stuff with DPR, and I just cased AVM who is the leading train... that's off the top of my head. 

So, yeah... no wake.

Nevermind Ishy, Dap, Csarmi, Darth, Lily, Jetscode, AVM... all of whom have offer almost nothing to the game.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Pac(1): Verb

Leelou(5):  AVM, Dap,  JiF, Crusher,  Darthe

80(2):  JC, DPR

DPR(3): Leelou, Ishy, 80

JC(1): Ape

Not Voting:  Pac, Salami, Lily

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.  Deadline has been set to 7pm PST on 7/26.

Back to DRP

unvote vote DPR

Unvote

Vote DPR

Oops meant to hit quote.  Not neg rep.

vote dpr

Here Crush put him at L-2.

DPR your at L2. LOL

Then reminded him.

John McClane

Then reveals John McClane.  He also went from 3 votes (really 2, as 80 voted DPR right before that VC) to 6, and L-2, REALLY quickly. So there.

Yawn.

And if it's the "AVM snagged scum" part, I do this just about every game with the one random person I call out as scum then go on with the false bravado for 2-3 game days.

So weak it's beyond weak, Crush.

Agreed, I thought Crusher was voting you for the reasons I was - which to me seem pretty solid, but him saying he's voting you because you said you caught scum "on like page 2" is ridiculous. 

I also don't like how he soft piggy-backed on Pac's "ape isn't being ape" bullsh*t. It's like he contested it, but then reaffirmed it by saying "but you aren't leaving a wake".

Not sure of his angle. The past couple posts by him are the first all game that have made me question my read on him, tbh.

Feels like you 2 could be distancing from each other, with him voting you for such a lame reason, and you trying so hard to make us notice you "caught him on like page 2".

This is the best you've got?  I ballparked what page it was, lol.  Remember when I came out and voted you, claimed the spirits told me you were scum, and said something about annoying JiF more.  lol.

I almost feel like you're trying too hard to look dumb

I started this game late because Hallia sent my pm to the alt Crusher.  Now that you mention it I do remember responding  good vote to some who voted me before my pm arrived to me.. Could have been you.  

Agreed, I thought Crusher was voting you for the reasons I was - which to me seem pretty solid, but him saying he's voting you because you said you caught scum "on like page 2" is ridiculous. 

I also don't like how he soft piggy-backed on Pac's "ape isn't being ape" bullsh*t. It's like he contested it, but then reaffirmed it by saying "but you aren't leaving a wake".

Not sure of his angle. The past couple posts by him are the first all game that have made me question my read on him, tbh.

Feels like you 2 could be distancing from each other, with him voting you for such a lame reason, and you trying so hard to make us notice you "caught him on like page 2".

That was merely a joke I made after my post yesterday stating how I felt Crush would kill JiF already down one man.  I asked wasn't it JiF that reads Crush so well (or if I had it backwards), don't really remember getting a response.  My logic is having already lost 80 and with shooting JiF setting up Pac, as I've talked about ad nauseum, would be a pretty solid direction to go in.

I actually only posted twice the whole game about "catching" Crush early.  That post on page 5 (which, yes, I said was page 2), and the follow-up post AFTER where I made the case on Crush re: JiFs death in which I said something to the effect of "and I caught him day 2, so.." or something.

Also, I'm not sure how someone can say I "haven't left a wake" when I'm the one that cased Leelou, before we ran her up to reveal, I isolated JC on a ping, I was on the wrong side of the 80 situation for a while, I've done some misdirection stuff with DPR, and I just cased AVM who is the leading train... that's off the top of my head. 

So, yeah... no wake.

Nevermind Ishy, Dap, Csarmi, Darth, Lily, Jetscode, AVM... all of whom have offer almost nothing to the game.

Relative to your own play.  No one pushes a game like you.  Only comparable to other games you played not to others. 

That was merely a joke I made after my post yesterday stating how I felt Crush would kill JiF already down one man.  I asked wasn't it JiF that reads Crush so well (or if I had it backwards), don't really remember getting a response.  My logic is having already lost 80 and with shooting JiF setting up Pac, as I've talked about ad nauseum, would be a pretty solid direction to go in.

I actually only posted twice the whole game about "catching" Crush early.  That post on page 5 (which, yes, I said was page 2), and the follow-up post AFTER where I made the case on Crush re: JiFs death in which I said something to the effect of "and I caught him day 2, so.." or something.

I'm aware... frequency doesn't make it feel less contrived bud, sorry. :P

Reminder:

I'm VLOA for the next week.  Wife has both sisters and their families visiting from Long Island.  Time to visit the Alamo and all that sh*t...I'll be checking in...try to read where I can...most likely the I-phone while on the can....my post count may suffer...but it will not get as slow as six posts in six days but it will be less than you've come to expect.

I'm aware... frequency doesn't make it feel less contrived bud, sorry. :tongue:

You read that the wrong way, lol.  I wasn't saying it as in "OMG WHY DONT YOU GUYS GET IT," but more of noticing it's the only thing I've pretty much said lol.

Here Crush put him at L-2.

Then reminded him.

Then reveals John McClane.  He also went from 3 votes (really 2, as 80 voted DPR right before that VC) to 6, and L-2, REALLY quickly. So there.

DPR were going back and forth the whole time.  You picking those two post out and showing them out of context is either lazy or scummy.

No it's not ridiculous.  I knew I did not get into the game until like page 7.  So him saying page 2 jumped out to me.  That's all.

DPR were going back and forth the whole time.  You picking those two post out and showing them out of context is either lazy or scummy.

How? Those posts had nothing to do with my thoughts on your alignment.

Pac and salami were having a conversation that Pac thought DPR revealed at L3 or L4, not L2.  I posted the last VC before his reveal, every vote in between, and there was even someone else (you) who posted that it was L2.

How? Those posts had nothing to do with my thoughts on your alignment.

Pac and salami were having a conversation that Pac thought DPR revealed at L3 or L4, not L2.  I posted the last VC before his reveal, every vote in between, and there was even someone else (you) who posted that it was L2.

Then why did you use them?  

So Dap's catchup made me thinking (especially about 80's interactions). I read through Lily's posts (all of them).

So this is a post that caught my eye on my first re-read and now again. Sounds scummy to me

So now she knows what to think and offers 80 up to bat. Nothing bad with that, though I know it sounded scummy to me at that point (mainly because 80's reveal sounded quite okay to me and I saw no reason why the day shuld end there). 

Again, fair enough. I don't think I like the "not into the game yet" argument (a bit wine-like to me), but it does sound honest. So she's going to make sense now right?

Ape pointed ut that she's kind of asking for more reveals.

This is when townies got run up in a row. Ape has a good point, but what interests me more is that Lily was about to get 80 hammered and now she would want to make the day longer. Don't add up.

And a 180 - we don't need more reveals anymore.

Lily, I'm really interested in hearing what your thought were about the trains and 80's lynch in particular, or what your thought are right now.

Like I said, I wasn't into the game. My head has been elsewhere. I never did like the claim of Walt. I never said I wanted more reveals, only that we had time to decide. I took that time and made a decision. 

I'll give you my thoughts once I'm caught up on the thread. 

Just from memory I thought it was more like L3 or 4 but could have been 2..  Either way I take exception with the manner with which he revealed more than anything.  Creating a post and only saying "John Mcclane" could have been a scare tactic to get people to immediately peel off their votes.

I know had I been voting him I would have unvoted right away.

^^^^

Okay. Caught up.

I have a town read on Pac, but I admit it's based mostly on him using rl reasons to cover his lack of participation. 

I feel more town about Salami after all those cases, but still not totally convinced

Verb I'm okay with. 

I wouldn't want to lose McClane, so I'm not voting DPR any time soon.

And my best choice for scum is AVM. I hate to get behind the Ape, but when he's right, he's right.

Unvote

Vote AVM  (Sorry, hon. </3)

People are ticking me off by saying I'm using RL reasons to cover up participation...  Would it had been better if I didn't reply when someone asks about my participation or say "don't worry about it"?

EVERYONE likes to explain why they'll be away as a courtesy.  I'm simply telling everyone why there have been stretches of game where I'm absent.  This isn't emo, or an excuse, or hiding, or covering up.  It's just me telling everyone my home computer is currently on the fritz..  that's all.  If you want to vote me go ahead.  I'm sure scum will appreciate it.

But I will say..  if the scum team are some of the ones trying to tweak me by saying I'm using RL blah blah, then I salute you.  If you're trying to tick me off it's working.

People are ticking me off by saying I'm using RL reasons to cover up participation...  Would it had been better if I didn't reply when someone asks about my participation or say "don't worry about it"?

EVERYONE likes to explain why they'll be away as a courtesy.  I'm simply telling everyone why there have been stretches of game where I'm absent.  This isn't emo, or an excuse, or hiding, or covering up.  It's just me telling everyone my home computer is currently on the fritz..  that's all.  If you want to vote me go ahead.  I'm sure scum will appreciate it.

But I will say..  if the scum team are some of the ones trying to tweak me by saying I'm using RL blah blah, then I salute you.  If you're trying to tick me off it's working.

Any comment on the way DPR's train built up and his revealing now?

Okay. Caught up.

I have a town read on Pac, but I admit it's based mostly on him using rl reasons to cover his lack of participation. 

I feel more town about Salami after all those cases, but still not totally convinced

Verb I'm okay with. 

I wouldn't want to lose McClane, so I'm not voting DPR any time soon.

And my best choice for scum is AVM. I hate to get behind the Ape, but when he's right, he's right.

Unvote

Vote AVM  (Sorry, hon. </3)

Also: </3

Archived