What Does it Tell You About Smith and the Jets....

Smashmouth

Looks like he didn't have room to step into his throw, and with his center & guard getting pushed back into him, threw off his back foot to gain a higher release point.

he had a clean pocket. The other int that he threw high was a situation where he couldn't step into it. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm seeing things....but the hop step, lean back, wind up then throw to a lineman...that doesnt look like a fluid QB there. It looks like he was making a throw to second base.

Leftwich always threw a pretty ball too when he was given time. Geno just needs more time to learn....its absolutely fixable. 

geno5.gif

In fairness (and this response is to the gif maker, not necessarily you), at least when Geno threw a pick to a defensive lineman, that player was droping into coverage.  When Sanchez has done it, that has not been the case.

he had a clean pocket. The other int that he threw high was a situation where he couldn't step into it. 

In all likelihood, this was one of those situations where Geno knew what he was going to do before the snap, and never responded to tuck dropping into coverage.

Maybe I'm seeing things....but the hop step, lean back, wind up then throw to a lineman...that doesnt look like a fluid QB there. It looks like he was making a throw to second base.

Leftwich always threw a pretty ball too when he was given time. Geno just needs more time to learn....its absolutely fixable. 

geno5.gif

Still, you're harping on his bad moments.  Every QB in the league has had a moment like this, let alone a rookie in his first ever action.  What about the ball he threw to Hill that he dropped in perfectly?  Do they have a gif of that?  Because that throw, was picture perfect. Planted his back foot, quick compact release, nice ball perfectly placed. 

As for this particular play, the first pause, he looks fine.  Ball is in a great place where its protected, he's on his back foot, just for some reason when he went to square his shoulders and step in, his leg kind of dragged across his body...but this was also a 5 yard throw, its not like he needed to step in deliver a riffle.

Again, IMO, you're being a little over critical of a guy in his first ever NFL action.  He's raw.  No doubt he's got a lot of room to grow.

IMO, what he did at WV was nothing short of amazing. He put up RG3 numbers against some decent teams and could not keep scoring 50 points every Saturday, so his Heisman hopes went away. What he's done in training camp and the preseason is no indicator of what he will or will not accomplish this season. Everyone here thinks they are some type of QB whisperer that knows the secret of Geno Smith based on his release and his footwork. Seeing as I've been watching football for as long as anyone here (give or take a decade or 2 haha), let me share what I think. 

Geno has a quick release and good ball velocity that will probably allow him to get away with some rookie mistakes throughout the season (ie. staring down WRs and not spotting zone defenders etc.). Any slowness or sloppiness you see in his release is probably due to his him being unsure if he's making the right throw. Just like any rookie. He seems to like throwing off of his back foot the most on his touch passes to check downs and hot reads. Its worked for him in college, it probably won't work for him in the NFL. When the pocket gets chaotic and the rush is coming up the middle, his go-to move is to throw off of his back foot. He's going to have to have to fix this on the job, I'm sure Mornhinweg and Lee are more than up his ass about it. 

By all accounts his footwork has improved in practice, and like JiF said, is spotty in live action. From a shotgun QB in college, to spotty footwork a few months later in NFL preseason is a good start. When he's getting the lion's share of practice reps I think we will see him improve.

I think we'll see some progress by week 4-5 this season....or-- he may completely collapse under the pressure of performing at the NFL level and the NY media a few weeks into the season. None of us have any reason to doubt this kid to the extent he is being doubted. People are mostly running off of a "feeling" they have about the kid. 

That is my professional couch potato opinion on the matter here. 

Looks like he didn't have room to step into his throw, and with his center & guard getting pushed back into him, threw off his back foot to gain a higher release point.

This doesn't say to me that his instinctive mechanics are to always throw off his back foot.  I've seen plenty of QBs do that and I'm sure it's a drill they run because a QB doesn't always have the space or time to go through a full throwing motion (throwing off the back foot, throwing on the run, etc.).  It doesn't mean it is inherently his natural throwing motion.

I fully admit to not seeing much of his college footage, though.

can't see the safeties, but was powell coming open for a TD ?

I think they thought David Garrard was going to start.  That was a poor plan given he was coming off an injury.  This really has the look of an organization focusing on the bottom line instead of trying to come away with an 8-8 record.  If that is true I cannot blame them.  One more year and the house cleaning can resume.

The scary part is who knows if that plan will change?  It's one thing to be cheap, find some value, and build a team who can compete.  It's another to sign injury plagued players on the cheap and continue to do so.  

Or maybe they have a dart board and no clue.   I mean Idzik was part of a Seattle group that sucked at finding a QB. Charlie Whitehurst, Matt Flynn, Jackson, blah blah blah.   They got lucky with Wilson.  Good for them, but sometimes you need more than luck to build a winning team.  Most of the time you don't pick a QB in the 3rd round who turns out be save the day.  So far the Jets QB situation reminds me of Seattles for quite a few years.   Crappy players, players who had a nice game, but players most people didn't think would be a starter.  

Maybe Geno steps up, maybe he doesn't, but so far the Jets team under Idzik has a QB position where  Garrard, Smith, Simms, McElroy, a QB who did one kneel down, Sanchez, and now Quinn all are part of some equation.    7 QBs and the season hasn't even started yet.   This is a team who seems they are throwing darts at a dartboard more than actually having a plan for QB.      

. Planted his back foot, quick compact release, nice ball perfectly placed. 

JIF looking at that Video he planted his back foot then promptly threw off of the back foot and never stepped into the throw and the release was long. Would not have mattered anyway because that throw should not have been made and in that respect its chalked up to learning the game. Its the mechanics before the throw that concern me. Watch the video he Plants his right foot and steps back with his left that's Bad mechanics .

This doesn't say to me that his instinctive mechanics are to always throw off his back foot.  I've seen plenty of QBs do that and I'm sure it's a drill they run because a QB doesn't always have the space or time to go through a full throwing motion (throwing off the back foot, throwing on the run, etc.).  It doesn't mean it is inherently his natural throwing motion.

I fully admit to not seeing much of his college footage, though.

scouting reports ive seen have said geno does have a tendency to throw off his back foot when he feels pressure (if its there or not)

they listed it as a negative so idk

geno5.gif

In fairness (and this response is to the gif maker, not necessarily you), at least when Geno threw a pick to a defensive lineman, that player was droping into coverage.  When Sanchez has done it, that has not been the case.

The only Rookie Mistake I see in that GIF is if you look at the right top of the screen and watch number 89 in motion a simple pump fake would have resulted in a TD to number 89 because you can see his defender on the outside react to the play very quickly. These are the type of mistakes you see rookies make not to mention number 84 at the bottom of the screen running wide open since number 55 was on an all out blitz. At this stage their fundamentals should be sound and at best just need a little tweaking.

Im not saying this stuff because I hate Geno, (because I don't) like the Sanchez haters hate or hated Mark Sanchez I'm saying these things because they are fairly obvious to me.

I also agree with Sperms assessment of Geno not being able to step up on this particular play. But short passes in the 5 yard range do not require you to step into the throw like an intermediate pass would. The other 2 INT's concerned me much more than this particular GIF did.

I know I am in a small minority here, but I think the Jets can field a decent team this year.  I'm probably going to regret this, and get killed, but here goes.

The Jets were 6-10 last season, not 2-14.  I think they have improved.

For what ever reason, the Jets had the worst QB play in the NFL last season.  That should improve.  Sanchez certainly isn't a good QB, but in all honest he is an average, to slightly below average QB.  He was the pits last year.  He won't be that bad this year.  Probably not real good but not epically  bad.  Smith I really don't know about, but am not very high on.  At any rate, the QB position will be improved. +

The OL, wasn't bad last year, but was below what we have come to expect of them.  Mangold was dinged up, second year in a row.  Hopefully he will be healthy.  Moore was injured also for his second year in a row, and in a steep decline.  His being out of football is testament to that..  They have added Colon, who if healthy will be an improvement to Moore's play last year. Vlad had a very good preseason, and will at least be a stand off to Slauson's play.  Depth is a concern.  All in all the OL has improved. + 

TE's....  Keller was hurt last year, Cumberland was fair, the Jets didn't get much from the rest.  Cumberland, is still O K.  The improvement has come with Winslow.  Great preseason.  If he stays healthy, will be a major threat.  TE's improved +

The WR's were horrible last year, and contributed to the poor QB play.  This year Holmes will be back.  Don't know what kind of shape he'll be in, but he's playing for a contract, and will give it his all once he decides to get on the field.  Hill is still dropping some balls, but looks like he has figured out what an NFL  WR is supposed to be doing out there.  He will be an improvement.  Kerley is Kerley.  Will be a good slot guy.  Gates had a nice camp, and should be OK.  Spadola is a major improvement and I think will be an exciting player.  WR's improved + 

The major factor is Marty.  Last year in preseason the Jets scored 1 TD, and 31 points.  This year, they scored 10 TD's and 105 points.  I think that will carry that into the regular season.  The offense last year was one of the worst I have ever seen.  It won't be that way this year.  Major + over last year for the offense.

The D didn't play badly last year.  The Jet's were 6-10 because the offense was historically bad.  The D will be improved this year.

As many have said on here, the D line has a chance to be very good.  Think Richardson is going to be an impact player as a rookie.  Big Mo All Pro.

The LB'er have also improved.  Bart as much as I liked him, was done.  Davis is very fast, and has Scott's attitude.  Coples will be a loss, but he'll be back for the second half of the season at least.  Barnes and  Sapp look like they can bring some heat at least. Should be improved +

The CB's played well last year, and  should be better with  Milliner.  At least they better be.  Improved + 

The Safety position is a bit of a concern.  I don't think the Jets are going to lose much with Landry, but the other side is a question mark.  I'm hoping if there is a much improved pass rush, this won't be a major concern.  The D was good last year, and better this year. +

Again All in all this is an improved team, and has a legitimate chance to make a playoff run.  The schedule is a little tougher, but I think the Division isn't that strong.  I really don't see a reason the Jets can't make a play off run. 

if the FO isn't going along with that , then Idzik is a fool.  Not saying he is, but the way to make money in the NFL  The way to fill your house up, and sell these beers and dogs, is to put a winner on the field.  I think the NYC media has the fans coned that the season is lost before it begins.  If the FO gives him a chance think Rex will prove them wrong.

10-6     OK pile on   :)

No piling on from me.  I can't argue with much you say about units being better, and Mornhinweg should particularly make a big difference.  

One thing that you didn't point out that could ameliorate some of those improvements is the number of rookies that will be playing, most of whom will be on the defense.  Rookies provide energy, but they usually make mistakes as they grow and learn.  Thus the team could lose some games that they might otherwise win due to rookie mistakes.  Then there's players like Colon and Winslow who could go down with injury.  If they can play the whole season, then they will obviously contribute a lot, but if they go down, things could get scary, particularly on the OL.  Is Will Campbell really the backup to Colon?  If so, then we'd better pray Colon stays healthy.  Even if Winters would come in, he hasn't looked particularly impressive and it may take him most of the season to develop into a solid player.  Then there's Vlad.  He looks much improved, and I'm rooting for him, but things could go downhill quickly if he struggles.

While Santonio has reason to play and play the best he can, he may not be able to help himself.  His nature may overwhelm him, the injury could continue to hamper him, or he could reinjure the foot.

While Geno would be hard pressed to play as poorly as Sanchez did last year, he may play poorly enough that the team decides to bench him after Sanchez gets healthy to focus on fixing his fundamentals, or may go to Quinn or Simms and they might play as bad as Sanchez.

So while things should be better and could be, it's possible they might not be that much better.

The only statement I take exception with is the one about Idzik being a fool.  I disagree.  This is a rebuilding year.  The team still could have a pretty sizable amount of needs if some of the rookies don't pan out.  This is particularly true if Geno doesn't pan out.  In that scenario, they will need to take another QB high in next year's draft.  Idzik could opt to hedge his bets and not go all in to win as many games this year because 8-8 won't put the team in a position to get a topflight QB prospect without giving up a King's ransom.  IMO that doesn't make him a fool, but rather pretty smart.  Winning 8 or more games this season would be exciting for fans, but would basically be meaningless and will not do anything to help the team because unless a miracle of Biblical proportions happens, even if the Jets wind up making the playoffs, they're not gonna go deep in the playoffs, make it to or win the SB.  It might help save Rex's job, but that's it.  With something like 11-12 draft picks and $40 million in cap space, there will be a lot of new faces on the team next year, so there will be no momentum to be gained by winning that many games.  He can let things play out.  If the team only wins 6 games, they should be in good draft position. If he wants to fire Rex, winning 6 games should make it possible, whereas 8 or 9 might make it hard if not impossible.  I know many will disagree with me, but I think the team would be better off only winning 3-4 games this year, as long as they play hard, the games are close and go to the wire, and they aren't getting blown out every game.  

That's right so why are you telling me Im pushing fact for some reason ?  Im just stating what I see and I have no issue at all with anyone disagreeing with that

If your initial post had been more like #62, I don't think people would be taken such issue.  IMO your initial post came across more as "fact" rather than opinion.  It was pretty much that Geno sucks and that's that, he's not gonna develop.  NONE of us knows what will happen with him.  That's why I lost it yesterday.  Any knowledgeable football fan knows that you can't write off a player or GM in their rookie season before the first game has even been played.  Yet I was seeing a lot of those types of posts here.

If your initial post had been more like #62, I don't think people would be taken such issue.  IMO your initial post came across more as "fact" rather than opinion.  It was pretty much that Geno sucks and that's that, he's not gonna develop.  NONE of us knows what will happen with him.  That's why I lost it yesterday.  Any knowledgeable football fan knows that you can't write off a player or GM in their rookie season before the first game has even been played.  Yet I was seeing a lot of those types of posts here.

I don't see many people writing him off, but rather people saying he is just not ready yet. I think the frustration is that Sanchez was handed the job when not ready, and from what I have seen, Geno is clearly not ready. I just don't see any reason whatsoever to rush him. I think what people are pointing out about his mechanics are very real. I don't think its a good idea to throw a QB to the wolves so to speak when at a bare minimum, they don't have their mechanics down. Possibly by week 6-8, and much more practice time, he will have that. I'd hate to see him develop bad habits as a result.

JIF looking at that Video he planted his back foot then promptly threw off of the back foot and never stepped into the throw and the release was long. Would not have mattered anyway because that throw should not have been made and in that respect its chalked up to learning the game. Its the mechanics before the throw that concern me. Watch the video he Plants his right foot and steps back with his left that's Bad mechanics .

I was referring to his ball to Hill...

The only Rookie Mistake I see in that GIF is if you look at the right top of the screen and watch number 89 in motion a simple pump fake would have resulted in a TD to number 89 because you can see his defender on the outside react to the play very quickly. These are the type of mistakes you see rookies make not to mention number 84 at the bottom of the screen running wide open since number 55 was on an all out blitz. At this stage their fundamentals should be sound and at best just need a little tweaking.

Im not saying this stuff because I hate Geno, (because I don't) like the Sanchez haters hate or hated Mark Sanchez I'm saying these things because they are fairly obvious to me.

I also agree with Sperms assessment of Geno not being able to step up on this particular play. But short passes in the 5 yard range do not require you to step into the throw like an intermediate pass would. The other 2 INT's concerned me much more than this particular GIF did.

You realize that it's stuff like the bold which makes it so difficult to take you seriously sometimes.  How can you expect anyone to believe your views are even slightly objective when making comments like this?  So 4 years worth of abysmal failures isn't enough to justifiably criticize a guy, but one preseason game is?  Come on man, you're better than this.

geno5.gif

Thanks for the GIF Matt.  I think the most unsettling thing here is NOT the footwork, it is him staring down his target the whole time.  If he hadnt, Tuck had responsibility for the RB in the flat and at worst, this would be an incomplete pass.  Instead, Tuck reads the QBs eyes and makes the play with the INT.

I don't see many people writing him off, but rather people saying he is just not ready yet. I think the frustration is that Sanchez was handed the job when not ready, and from what I have seen, Geno is clearly not ready. I just don't see any reason whatsoever to rush him. I think what people are pointing out about his mechanics are very real. I don't think its a good idea to throw a QB to the wolves so to speak when at a bare minimum, they don't have their mechanics down. Possibly by week 6-8, and much more practice time, he will have that. I'd hate to see him develop bad habits as a result.

Posts have softened somewhat within the last day or so and more people are posting that "he's just not ready" and that he "shouldn't be thrown to the wolves", but over the preceding 3-4 days there were several posts that flat out stated that he sucked, had shown nothing, that the poster wasn't impressed, etc.  None of those posts suggested that it was a matter of his "not being ready", but rather that he just didn't have what it takes for one reason or another.

I have been one of the main posters saying that Geno needs to sit for a while and not be thrown to the wolves, so I'm in total agreement with you on the rest of your post.  I'm very nervous about this first game.  I think it would be much better for Geno AND the Jets if he wasn't starting yet.  The same thing goes for Simms.  This is where the Jets need a veteran QB option.  Sanchez sucks, but I was willing to abide with another half season or so of his awful play to give Geno and/or Simms some time.  That's what makes the Garrard move look worse, and if Geno struggles mightily, will make it a really bad move.  If Geno, doesn't struggle as much as many of us think he will, then the Garrard move, while still not a good move, at least won't hurt the team going forward.  If Geno does struggle and has an awful game on Sunday, I hope they'll pull quickly before his confidence is shot, and either go with Simms or Quinn, and I'd prefer Quinn, for the same reasons...I don't want to see Simms thrown to the wolves, either.

Posts have softened somewhat within the last day or so and more people are posting that "he's just not ready" and that he "shouldn't be thrown to the wolves", but over the preceding 3-4 days there were several posts that flat out stated that he sucked, had shown nothing, that the poster wasn't impressed, etc.  None of those posts suggested that it was a matter of his "not being ready", but rather that he just didn't have what it takes for one reason or another.

I have been one of the main posters saying that Geno needs to sit for a while and not be thrown to the wolves, so I'm in total agreement with you on the rest of your post.  I'm very nervous about this first game.  I think it would be much better for Geno AND the Jets if he wasn't starting yet.  The same thing goes for Simms.  This is where the Jets need a veteran QB option.  Sanchez sucks, but I was willing to abide with another half season or so of his awful play to give Geno and/or Simms some time.  That's what makes the Garrard move look worse, and if Geno struggles mightily, will make it a really bad move.  If Geno, doesn't struggle as much as many of us think he will, then the Garrard move, while still not a good move, at least won't hurt the team going forward.  If Geno does struggle and has an awful game on Sunday, I hope they'll pull quickly before his confidence is shot, and either go with Simms or Quinn, and I'd prefer Quinn, for the same reasons...I don't want to see Simms thrown to the wolves, either.

I tend to agree with this, pretty much in total.  I guess the sole thing holding me back is I just don't know whether Smith might respond positively in a situation like this.  And by this situation I mean i assume he is not ready and will struggle very much.  Yes, I tend to believe that is the sort of experience that is not helpful, and could really hurt his development.  I don't even think that was anyone's plan on the Jets, unless of course Smith had shown in pre-season that he is ready.  Which he has not.

But that doesn't mean I think he's already finished, in effect.  In this context I have great confdence in Marty, and perhaps David Lee.  Rex may not have a clue about Qb's, but those two certainly do.  Still, I do think that they would have been better able to help Smith in a more gradual way, and there's not going to be much they can do if Smith goes out there, craps the bed, and his confidence deflates.

The situation is rather ominous, actually.  Let's say he plays poorly against TB.  Then what?  Take him out for the NE game?  To be replaced by Simms?  Gee, I can see that undermining Smith's confidence as well.  Maybe Quinn might know the playbook enough?

Or leave Smith in to face NE?  If that happens, imagine the glee that would bring Belichik.  Ugh.

But....  there's a possibility Smith will build on a challenging adversity, and become a better player for it.  I just tend to doubt that myself.

For the Jets to turn this thing around the first thing they have to do is hire an EXPERIENCED head coach. No more "on the job training" for first timers. It takes too long to discover that they don't have "it" and then you have to start over. Rex Ryan was all sound and fury signifying NOTHING and he proved he knows little or nothing about building a winning program. We have to hope that John Idzik has at least a clue, because I am closing in on 60 and when the Jets last won anything I was 13. I don't want to see the Jets become the NFL version of the Chicago Cubs, but they may turn out to be just that. The other thing is to muzzle the clueless Turnip who owns the team. He should consult with a "consulting firm" every time he opens his mouth on a football related topic, because he is clueless. In fact, Johnson himself may be the biggest impediment to the Jets hiring a competent HC. Who in their right mind would want to come here unless Idzik can convince them that HE runs the show...not Woody.

Geno is CLEARLY not ready, but I would rather have a rookie QB making rookie mistakes than a fifth year starter making the same ones. The Jets ARE NOT a playoff team with whoever is their QB so lets give Smith the season to find out if he is a guy we can move FORWARD with. Then Idzik has to surround him with solid OL - not castoffs - and a few offensive weapons. Rex Ryan seems to live in the world where defense was king.. the '85 Bears, the '86 Giants are dinosaurs but look at the draft record and it shows Rex thinks he can shut down every opponent and win 10-6 games regularly.... Earth to Rex....NOT.

I have to revisit this thread and say in all fairness to Geno Smith, he showed me something on Sunday I never expected. After the first few mistakes, he set himself straight and won his first NFL start. While I still believe he has some Issues I did see on a few plays under pressure that he has made improvement. Another Thing I saw was when nothing was there he took the ball and gained positive yards rather than trying to force the issue and I believe this is what won us this football game and those things are HUGE for a rookie to accomplish in his first game.

While I still believe the Jets lack some real game breakers on offense and at times just can't get separation which hurts a QB if Geno can continue to grow and let the game slow down for him maybe the fundamentals don't become as big an issue as I previously thought. I'm not saying this stuff because we won ONE football game or because of Genos over all play I'm basing this on a few things I saw which showed Geno is conscious of his issues and is making strides to correct them and that's really all you can ask for. Namely throwing off of back foot and quickening up his release.  

Putting all issues aside I previously mentioned in this thread the most important attribute Geno displayed on Sunday was how to win and the kid did it by playing smart and protecting the football, something we have not seen in the last 2 full seasons.

So yeah, like I said.... Good grief.

I'm shocked that the 3 quarters of ore-season analysis is being re-thought. Shocked I tell you.

As I told you and your selective reading skills it was NOT JUST ABOUT 3 PRE SEASON QUARTERS it was about his college play as well. Either way I saw things yesterday that showed me this kid may very well be a smart football player, he did things in yesterdays game that contradicted his previous weaknesses and that's not disputable. He stepped into more passes and he pulled the ball down and ran when he had nothing open BOTH of which are contrary to College and preseason film and that's what got me excited yesterday. The biggest thing was he stepped into throws with pressure in his face and that was awesome

Also my post was not just about Geno Smith :) plenty of other issues were mentioned that did not really get discussed.

I have to revisit this thread and say in all fairness to Geno Smith, he showed me something on Sunday I never expected. After the first few mistakes, he set himself straight and won his first NFL start. While I still believe he has some Issues I did see on a few plays under pressure that he has made improvement. Another Thing I saw was when nothing was there he took the ball and gained positive yards rather than trying to force the issue and I believe this is what won us this football game and those things are HUGE for a rookie to accomplish in his first game.

While I still believe the Jets lack some real game breakers on offense and at times just can't get separation which hurts a QB if Geno can continue to grow and let the game slow down for him maybe the fundamentals don't become as big an issue as I previously thought. I'm not saying this stuff because we won ONE football game or because of Genos over all play I'm basing this on a few things I saw which showed Geno is conscious of his issues and is making strides to correct them and that's really all you can ask for. Namely throwing off of back foot and quickening up his release.  

Putting all issues aside I previously mentioned in this thread the most important attribute Geno displayed on Sunday was how to win and the kid did it by playing smart and protecting the football, something we have not seen in the last 2 full seasons.

Aaaaaand five years of Smashmouth defending Geno Smith begin....

What I really liked about Geno were the things he did not do.  He settled down nicely in the second half.  He got the team out quickly from the huddle.  He took a lot of hits and faced a ton of pressure without losing it.  And he chose not to make the crazy or even risky pass.  He has a crap receiving corps.  Did you see Hill nearly bobble that pass over the middle into the DBs hands?  Although I must admit Hill did some nice things yesterday.  In short, he kept his poise in almost every situation in the second half.

Aaaaaand five years of Smashmouth defending Geno Smith begin....

you know Klecko Im not here to impress you or anyone else with how I see things. Geno did some things yesterday that really impressed me. I was not going to hold back saying it simply because you made a statement saying I would based on one good outing. I really wish some people would take the time to read an Entire post, as I mentioned Geno still has some work to do but has shown he's capable.

In the case of Sanchez I always felt he was physically capable and had good mechanics now its very evident his issues are mental and may never get better. I don't make up things as I go along and Im quite capable of admitting when I assess a player wrong. Whether you want to believe it or not . I remember times you made some boneheaded statements and I took your back and said lets move on never rubbing it in but I see I can't get that same courtesy from you .

you know Klecko Im not here to impress you or anyone else with how I see things. Geno did some things yesterday that really impressed me. I was not going to hold back saying it simply because you made a statement saying I would based on one good outing. I really wish some people would take the time to read an Entire post, as I mentioned Geno still has some work to do but has shown he's capable.

In the case of Sanchez I always felt he was physically capable and had good mechanics now its very evident his issues are mental and may never get better. I don't make up things as I go along and Im quite capable of admitting when I assess a player wrong. Whether you want to believe it or not . I remember times you made some boneheaded statements and I took your back and said lets move on never rubbing it in but I see I can't get that same courtesy from you .

Oh lighten up, will ya?

Archived