Dont know about you guys but Matt Simms

jetsfanbkny

uhm no it's not. the end of the 4th was bad for Geno. the rest of the time our receivers couldn't catch a cold. we had plenty of blown chances earlier in the game that weren't on Geno.

Including 1 TD drop from Gates, another drop from Gates inside the 10, and a fumble from hill around midfield.

uhm no it's not. the end of the 4th was bad for Geno. the rest of the time our receivers couldn't catch a cold. we had plenty of blown chances earlier in the game that weren't on Geno.

Correct. It was not a favorable combo for a kid who, already having trouble seeing downfield and not confident to force anything that didn't look perfect.

We catch 1/3 of the drops last night, we have a W, and probably less 4th qtr turnovers.

Actually if anything, knowing that the game was over regardless, I am glad the kid went for it and didn't give a crap about his line. Compare 3 quarters of conservative work with the 4th trying to win that game,especially the last 5-7 minutes. Big difference in attitude. He'll learn how to manage a disciplined two minute comeback.

All the factors that go into the loss are not some sort of either or situations. Everybody else does not have to play perfectly in order to get a win because the Qb threw three interceptions with the game on the line in the fourth quarter.

play perfectly? how about catch any of the multiple passes that hit you in the chest and hands?

not for nothing but even with the interceptions Geno was not the reason we lost last night.

You're right, It was not the interception. It was Geno as a whole that lost that game. Geno has to work really hard to become a middle of the mill backup. It was not a surprise he slipped to the second round and it also wasn't because he slipped through the cracks. The better QB was on the bench. We all know that Rex will throw away yet another season before making the correct choice.

You're right, It was not the interception. It was Geno as a whole that lost that game. Geno has to work really hard to become a middle of the mill backup. It was not a surprise he slipped to the second round and it also wasn't because he slipped through the cracks. The better QB was on the bench. We all know that Rex will throw away yet another season before making the correct choice.

oh please. will all the members of Matt Simms' family please stand up?

That last INT was so Sanchez - like it was crazy....underthrowing a come back route.

Lol it would help if Hill knew he was running a comeback route. Then it wouldn't have been overthrown.

Geno could've thrown the ball better; out of bounds where only his guy could get it.

Hill could've been in a better position to catch the ball; between the ball and the defender.

My beef: WHY EVEN THROW TO HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE?!

The game is close.  No timeouts.  We need 50 yards to be in FG range; which is still questionable given the weather.  Coming back is near-impossible, and EVERYthing needs to go right for us to win the game on that last drive.  Why go to the WR who was already missing on the big plays? 

Would have and definetly could have easily won that game. and yea i get it its to early to say do the switch but watching him behind 2nd and 3rd stringers in the pre season lighting it up he should have beaten out Smith in the pre season?

By the way, you don't get to use "would have" and "could have" to serve the same purpose.

I give it two more games before people stop making excuses for Geno.  Sanchez had the same receivers and better results and we still killed him for his poor performance (and rightfully so).  Geno played poorly.  He got picked three times and didn't throw a TD pass, took huge sacks, didn't pull the trigger on open receivers, under threw and threw late.  He needed to score more than 13 points to beat the Patriots.  He couldn't.  He sucked and he is the reason for the loss.  Receivers could've helped him, but he could've put the ball in the right place a few more times too.  He waits for the WR to get open, then throws it while the WR waits for the ball, and the hit.  When he starts hitting receivers in stride, they'll stop dropping so many.

Would have and definetly could have easily won that game. and yea i get it its to early to say do the switch but watching him behind 2nd and 3rd stringers in the pre season lighting it up he should have beaten out Smith in the pre season?

Wondering why other teams haven't caught on.  As we seem to be dead-set on keeping Smith in there, why aren't the phones ringing off the hook with trade offers from all the NFL GMs who saw what you saw in pre-season?

Yo, we gotta get this Ratliff kid some live reps!

I don't think the discussion is about whether Simms is going to come in and have the kind of game his Dad had in the  Super Bowl, but rather, is he going to make 5 turnovers, take 9 sacks, while only scoring 1 TD in 2 games?  

I don't see any reason to think that Smith is better then Simms.  Draft spot?   The next step in a week or two could easily be Brady Quinn.  I'd rather see Simms

I don't think the discussion is about whether Simms is going to come in and have the kind of game his Dad had in the  Super Bowl, but rather, is he going to make 5 turnovers, take 9 sacks, while only scoring 1 TD in 2 games?  

I don't see any reason to think that Smith is better then Simms.  Draft spot?   The next step in a week or two could easily be Brady Quinn.  I'd rather see Simms

This is why I'm hoping Geno improves.  He's still young and it's early, but after awhile, the excuses get a big old.  It's one thing to have 4 TDs and a bunch of picks and INTs. It's another to not be able to score points.      The Jets offense continues to be a team who can't score.   We hated all the OC and Sanchez for this for years.   Now with Geno and MM, people are just making excuses.

Lets hope as the season goes on we see an improvement.  It's not about W's to me, while that would be nice,  it's more about the team and the offense actually improving.  I mean if they go all season where most games are 17-10 nail bitters and it's because of the defense, that doesn't bode well for the future.  People hate to admit it, but firing Rex Ryan will definitely mean the defense takes a step back next year.  The guy knows defense.  So if the offense stinks this year,  what the hell gives us hope the entire team would be better next if MM and Geno are still around and the defense takes a step back?

two games into his NFL career and people are practically declaring him a bust. I hate Jets fans.

No, they're saying he played like sh*t.  Because they have eyes.  Bustdom is a ways off.  He'll play better or he'll be a bust.  But enough of the Geno strokinig already.  He doesn't deserve praise.  He hasn't erned it yet.

No, they're saying he played like sh*t.  Because they have eyes.  Bustdom is a ways off.  He'll play better or he'll be a bust.  But enough of the Geno strokinig already.  He doesn't deserve praise.  He hasn't erned it yet.

Love it. Anyone who isn't sh*tting all over the guy is "Geno stroking" because...oh right, Jets fans are completely unreasonable.

Stop sh*tting all over the guy because he didn't beat the Patriots in New England in his second NFL game in the pouring rain with a receiving corps that played like garbage the entire game and an OC who refused to run the ball. Smith played okay. Not GREAT, and he blew it in the fourth, made ROOKIE mistakes. But the level of expectations are completely f*cking unreasonable. What was everyone expecting? That Mark Sanchez would be on the bench and it was Super Bowl from here on out? Everyone paying attention KNEW he wasn't ready before this season started, and I'm sorry, but I blame our receivers a lot more than Geno's fourth for the fact they lost last night. Chances are good that if our receivers do their jobs in quarters 1-3, those stupid passes don't get thrown and those INTs don't happen.

Archived