Reasons to be PISSED!

Integrity28

1. Rex wastes challenges, always

2. Hill holds onto that ball and we score at least 3 on that drive putting the game at 6 - 3 or 10 - 3 in our favor - that fumble decided the game

3. Geno holds the ball too long - fixable - part rookie problem and part WRs not getting open

4. Edelman fumbled - that was one of the most bullsh*t calls I've ever seen

5. Mayock

6. Rex and the offense waste timeouts too

7. Our WRs have no hands, and don't run their routes - the INT in week one was thrown to a spot, the RB pulled up short - the 2nd INT last night also thrown to a spot, the WR didn't run his route - I blame Geno as much as I blame the WRs for those 2 INTs, the 1st INT last night was all Geno throwing behind his WR (which he did a lot)

8. No punt returner? Really? Best return was on the last punt where it bounced 7 yards in our favor, longer than any Wilson return all night

9. No pass rush, again - how is it that we've invested all of our top draft picks on the DL to be able to get to the QB without blitzing constantly, and we still can't even get knock-downs on Brady?

10. Another OC that doesn't go with what's working, hooray 

Reasons not to be:

1. Geno, cool like a young Flacco - his mistakes are fixable, let's hope the coaching staff doesn't red-yellow-green him and get his head so scrambled up that they ruin him like they did Sanchez after he started making normal rookie mistakes

2. O-line blocked well in the run game, pass protection was average

3. Ivory will make his doubters look dumb, he's still getting in shape - remember he missed the pre-season

4. At least we weren't blown out?

5. I couldn't come up with a 5th one, I don't even know why I started this thread tbh ... should have just started my day like last night didn't happen, way less aggravating

I'm gonna stop you right there. Since all turnovers and all scoring plays are automatically reviewed now, why not use the challenge there? What else are you gonna use it for? In a close game, a first down can be a huge momentum shifter. 

The head coach usually challenges on the advice of his coaches in the booth who get to see the replays quicker than they do on the field. From the first angle, it looked like he got it. NFL Network didn't show the angle that ultimately upheld the call until the official was in the booth. 

I can't kill Rex for this challenge. 

I'm gonna stop you right there. Since all turnovers and all scoring plays are automatically reviewed now, why not use the challenge there? What else are you gonna use it for? In a close game, a first down can be a huge momentum shifter. 

The head coach usually challenges on the advice of his coaches in the booth who get to see the replays quicker than they do on the field. From the first angle, it looked like he got it. NFL Network didn't show the angle that ultimately upheld the call until the official was in the booth. 

I can't kill Rex for this challenge. 

I'm gonna stop you right there? 

You sound like a mouth-breather.

Rex routinely challenges things he shouldn't. If it's now his advisors fault, then he should be getting new advisors after having done it so often. 

:P

Rex routinely challenges things he shouldn't. If it's now his advisors fault, then he should be getting new advisors after having done it so often. 

:tongue:

My point was, what would you have him challenge? All scoring plays and all turnovers are automatically reviewed. 

If, in the 5 seconds he has to get the info and make the decision, he decides to challenge a spot on third down play where we were starting to put together a drive, where was the real downside? We finished the first half with a timeout. 

5. Mayock

couple and utter d-bag. I think I heard him actually say on one of Brady's sh** throws "I think he threw that short on purpose" ?!?!??! the heck??? they were slobbing him all night. meanwhile Geno is getting picked apart in his SECOND CAREER START HELLO!??! what a turd. 

brutal. why Ivory didnt have 20 carries is a real failure. he was rumbling. 

5. I couldn't come up with a 5th one, I don't even know why I started this thread tbh ... should have just started my day like last night didn't happen, way less aggravating

agree lol. back to work for me and on to Buffalo for our boys. 

:tongue:

Rex coaches with emotion and not logic......he always gets all caught up in the game like hes a fan, rather than stay level headed and make smart strategic calls throughout the game and not miss timeouts etc etc etc etc..

2. Hill holds onto that ball and we score at least 3 on that drive putting the game at 6 - 3 or 10 - 3 in our favor - that fumble decided the game

3. Geno holds the ball too long - fixable - part rookie problem and part WRs not getting open

4. Edelman fumbled - that was one of the most bullsh*t calls I've ever seen

5. Maycock

6. Rex and the offense waste timeouts too

7. Our WRs have no hands, and don't run their routes - the INT in week one was thrown to a spot, the RB pulled up short - the 2nd INT last night also thrown to a spot, the WR didn't run his route - I blame Geno as much as I blame the WRs for those 2 INTs, the 1st INT last night was all Geno throwing behind his WR (which he did a lot)

8. No punt returner? Really? Best return was on the last punt where it bounced 7 yards in our favor, longer than any Wilson return all night

9. No pass rush, again - how is it that we've invested all of our top draft picks on the DL to be able to get to the QB without blitzing constantly, and we still can't even get knock-downs on Brady?

Reasons not to be:

1. Geno, cool like a young Flacco - his mistakes are fixable, let's hope the coaching staff doesn't red-yellow-green him and get his head so scrambled up that they ruin him like they did Sanchez after he started making normal rookie mistakes

2. O-line blocked well in the run game, pass protection was average

3. Ivory will make his doubters look dumb, he's still getting in shape - remember he missed the pre-season

4. At least we weren't blown out?

Fixed

I'll add one to be pissed about: Rex needs to stop sending the house at Brady. You are not rattling him. He will kill you over the middle. How about letting the front 4 penetrate and the rest of the guys cover. We supposedly can get pressure now.

the defense takes no blame in this 10-13 loss at Foxboro. The early turnover gave then a FG and the D held strong. There's no type of defense in this league in 2013 that will hold BRady in his house to less points. 

the defense takes no blame in this 10-13 loss at Foxboro. The early turnover gave then a FG and the D held strong. There's no type of defense in this league in 2013 that will hold BRady in his house to less points. 

Where do the corner backs and safeties fit into this defensive performance? Edelman owned our safeties, Dobson owned our corners on speed. Drops bailed us out or the Pats double or triple the score.

Where do the corner backs and safeties fit into this defensive performance? Edelman owned our safeties, Dobson owned our corners on speed. Drops bailed us out or the Pats double or triple the score.

Yeah secondary is extremely pedestrian this year unless Milliner wakes up. Cro will have his hits and misses/ goods and uglies per usual. Safeties blow however I always seem to notice Jarrett making a nice play during his limited playing time.

Wonder why he doesn't play more tbh.

I'll add one to be pissed about: Rex needs to stop sending the house at Brady. You are not rattling him. He will kill you over the middle. How about letting the front 4 penetrate and the rest of the guys cover. We supposedly can get pressure now.

If you take Brady down you WILL rattle him.  He got hit hard on his very first throw and wound up completing just 19 of 39 passes on the night.  I'd say we did a great job on him.

The breakdown on Aaron Dobson's 39-yard TD is about the only thing you can criticize about the defense last night. 

If you take Brady down you WILL rattle him.  He got hit hard on his very first throw and wound up completing just 19 of 39 passes on the night.  I'd say we did a great job on him.

The breakdown on Aaron Dobson's 39-yard TD is about the only thing you can criticize about the defense last night. 

New England WRs missed many balls we didn't do that great of a job on Tom Brady.

New England WRs missed many balls we didn't do that great of a job on Tom Brady.

The numbers simply don't bear that out.  For every time a NE receiver missed one Brady made a couple lousy throws as well.  A lot of that was because of the defense.  You can't pin every single one of Brady's 20 incompletions on their receivers. 

Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls did well in coverage, and we got some pretty nice hits on Brady.  Give credit where credit is due.  A Hall of Fame QB, regardless of his receivers, usually doesn't have a night THAT bad if the D didn't do its job.

The numbers simply don't bear that out.  For every time a NE receiver missed one Brady made a couple lousy throws as well.  A lot of that was because of the defense.  You can't pin every single one of Brady's 20 incompletions on their receivers. 

The WRs missed the balls there is no other way to see it numbers or dominoes. We did not do a good job on Tom Brady that's bullsh*t!

I agree that we were beaten deep way too much, but the Edelman thing is way off. No one in the recorded history of football caught 13+ passes for less yardage. He averaged 6 yards a catch. This is hardly owning anyone.

Milliner looks lost...like Kyle Wilson lost.

It's like the entire fan base is universally biting its tongue with him.....the pain if he completely sucks will be too much to bare considering Revis...HOWEVER it does seem he's playi g with multiple injuries and no real camp or preseason. So it's like a universal hear no, see no, say no evil and please god, make him at least serviceable. I'm sure will extend the ole juries still out for as long as possible.

It's like the entire fan base is universally biting its tongue with him.....the pain if he completely sucks will be too much to bare considering Revis...HOWEVER it does seem he's playi g with multiple injuries and no real camp or preseason. So it's like a universal hear no, see no, say no evil and please god, make him at least serviceable. I'm sure will extend the ole juries still out for as long as possible.

I'm not biting my tongue. That draft pick was sh*t as I said at the time. 

Rex wanted Hayden too.

I agree that we were beaten deep way too much, but the Edelman thing is way off. No one in the recorded history of football caught 13+ passes for less yardage. He averaged 6 yards a catch. This is hardly owning anyone.

You guys are doing the classic "If A is true, then therefore B- Brady had a terrible line, then therefore the Defense did a tremendous job. The tape does not bare that out. And that's an easy route to take but it's extremely flawed and untrue, and it will certainly leave much better opportunities for better offensive teams down the line. For instance, expect a blowout against the Saints if this is not addressed.

For example, there were not just dropped balls, but entirely missed opportunities by a young WR group. If you had Welker, Hernandez and Gronkowski playing, this game is a blowout. Davis is a good addition at linebacker but Harris cannot cover, and that is why Midgets Over the Middle, especially out of the hurry up, is such an effective strategy not just against us, but the league in general. The way to beat that, is by cheating up your safeties, which requires good safety coverage play. Unfortunately, coverage is not most of their strong suit or they would not be safeties, they would be corners. You should not cheat them up, but if the passing game is going to occur around the box and your LB's cannot cover, then you have no choice. Of course, this takes the safeties out of the backfield, leaving no assistance to the corner backs. Now when you had lock down corners, like Revis and Cromartie on the opposite side you could pull this off, but that clearly isn't the case now. While Edelman didn't have good YAC, it was good enough to account for him and, The drops were a gift in this context.

You guys are doing the classic "If A is true, then therefore B- Brady had a terrible line, then therefore the Defense did a tremendous job. The tape does not bare that out. And that's an easy route to take but it's extremely flawed and untrue, and it will certainly leave much better opportunities for better offensive teams down the line. For instance, expect a blowout against the Saints if this is not addressed.

For example, there were not just dropped balls, but entirely missed opportunities by a young WR group. If you had Welker, Hernandez and Gronkowski playing, this game is a blowout. Davis is a good addition at linebacker but Harris cannot cover, and that is why Midgets Over the Middle, especially out of the hurry up, is such an effective strategy not just against us, but the league in general. The way to beat that, is by cheating up your safeties, which requires good safety coverage play. Unfortunately, coverage is not most of their strong suit or they would not be safeties, they would be corners. You should not cheat them up, but if the passing game is going to occur around the box and your LB's cannot cover, then you have no choice. Of course, this takes the safeties out of the backfield, leaving no assistance to the corner backs. Now when you had lock down corners, like Revis and Cromartie on the opposite side you could pull this off, but that clearly isn't the case now. While Edelman didn't have good YAC, it was good enough to account for him and, The drops were a gift in this context.

You just shifted the argument. I was talking about Edelman, last night, owning our safeties. I'll take 78 yards of ownage from an opposing wide receiver any day of the week.

You just shifted the argument. I was talking about Edelman, last night, owning our safeties. I'll take 78 yards of ownage from an opposing wide receiver any day of the week.

I didn't shift anything. You can't talk about safety play without it being in context of the entire performance. Edelman got some plays off last night.

I'm not biting my tongue. That draft pick was sh*t as I said at the time.

Fair enough. I didn't like the pick either, but more just bc of the position that was picked, not the plAyer per se. Then, I was confused it was Milliner given ALL the talk around his multiple injuries...and then sure enough so far the guys been playing with multiple injuries. Still taking a wait and see but I'm more concerned about him sucking long term than Geno tbh.

Archived