Jets May Keep Milliner on Bench

flgreen

I like this Darrin Walls. He has not played much, but the little I have seen of him, he looks like he has some potential. If they don't want to start Milliner yet, I would give Walls a shot on the outside and put Wilson in the slot, where he is at least serviceable. 

Wilson on the outside is going from Revis Island to Gilligan's Island.

I like this Darrin Walls. He has not played much, but the little I have seen of him, he looks like he has some potential. If they don't want to start Milliner yet, I would give Walls a shot on the outside and put Wilson in the slot, where he is at least serviceable. 

Wilson on the outside is going from Revis Island to Gilligan's Island.

There was an entire statistical analysis done by one of the metrics nerd websites that showed Wilson jhas been much better outside than in the slot. 

There was an entire statistical analysis done by one of the metrics nerd websites that showed Wilson jhas been much better outside than in the slot. 

That could be. I am just assuming in the slot there are a lot of plays in front of him and on the outside there are more down the field plays. The bottom line is this, when he has to turn and run with someone, he is beyond terrible. So, I don't know how to avoid that if the inside/outside percentages don't coincide.

Maybe more zone defense?

I sure miss Revis

That could be. I am just assuming in the slot there are a lot of plays in front of him and on the outside there are more down the field plays. The bottom line is this, when he has to turn and run with someone, he is beyond terrible. So, I don't know how to avoid that if the inside/outside percentages don't coincide.

Maybe more zone defense?

I sure miss Revis

Embrace Sheldn.

Maybe more zone defense?

I sure miss Revis

I love Richardson more.  This kid is turning into a beast right before our eyes.

Im not giving up on Milliner. When you have an opportunity to draft 2 players in the draft in the first round you try and select the best players that will help your team win games. We needed 2 players to do just that. Richardson is a beast!  Milliner isn't there yet.

In the pre season Milliner looked like he had good closing ability. He was just playing too far off of the receivers. With his speed, he should not have to play that far off. No way we should give up on him already.

Wilson? For get about it. He is terrible.

I'm stoked on our CB crew.  

Dee was hanging step for step with his WRs yesterday.  

Wilson was actually in great position to help the defense, he's moving really well, and despite a couple ticky-tack penalties his presence was felt in the run-defense. 

Cromartie is inches away from a two-pick game.  

Lankster had a huge ST play and generally plays about a foot-taller than his frame would suggest.

Walls looks like he could start for most teams in the NFL, he might be the second best CB on the team.  He moves well, looks for the ball, and isn't a liability in the run game.  

Landry might actually be the weakest link in the secondary.  Who'da thought that was the case a month or two ago? 

Archived