20 penalties and CUT Kyle Wilson!!!!!

joewilly12

We will learn from mistakes. One thing is, is our D had 8 sacks and they kept trying to test the snap count and get a head start to the QB which worked half the time.. or a little more hence the 8 sacks. And countless drop backs for Manuel under pressure. Other things were just stupid unfocused plays. Brick.. I don't know what the **** is up with him but between getting tossed aside like a bitch in the rain or costing us yards on penalty's... he is really ******* up

We will learn from mistakes. One thing is, is our D had 8 sacks and they kept trying to test the snap count and get a head start to the QB which worked half the time.. or a little more hence the 8 sacks. And countless drop backs for Manuel under pressure. Other things were just stupid unfocused plays. Brick.. I don't know what the **** is up with him but between getting tossed aside like a bitch in the rain or costing us yards on penalty's... he is really ******* up

Mistakes are one thing,  stupid penalties are another.   That's not a learn from mistakes kind of thing, that's a comes from the coach and discipline thing.  

Geno should learn from his mistakes.   Kyle Wilson's penalties today are just bonehead moves that you really don't learn from.  You either don't be stupid or you just wind up cut or should be cut.   Same goes with the OL and so many dumb penalties.

The last flag wilson drew that got him yanked, was the refs having an itchy trigger finger, which is not to take away from how stupid the plays were earlier.  However, his play has been far improve since prior years, it's almost night and day.  He'll run some laps and get his ear chewed out, but you don't cut someone out of anger, that's moronic. 

As for discipline, pretty sure the Jets were the 3rd least penalized team last year for total penalties and yards, so it's not like it's a common occurrence.  

Edit: I'm also pretty sure they were never worse than 20th in Rex's tenure, could be wrong on that, but they were never the worst.

Kyle Wilson penalties aside, the officiating in this game was pretty terrible on both sides.

I agree, the 20 penalty number should have easily been 12-15, but that's no excuse because you CAN'T have 12-15 penalties in a game either, I said it in another thread this team is young, and has A LOT of growing up to do, that is on the coaches, and the veterans, but TBH it's the veterans more, once the game starts the coaches can't get inside the white lines, and I don't think the Jets have that type of veteran leadership like they did in 09, and 10, if they did I could see a 9-11 win team regardless of Geno's QB play!

i knew there would be an over reaction to kyle wilsons game. some of you watch too much jets post game live. pass interference called all game were ticky tacky at best on both sides including the ones called on kyle Wilson as were the the personal fouls called back to back on kyle.very trigger happy refs. kyle had a solid game. repeat after me. not every corner back is revis. not every corner back is revis

I'm wondering what Wilson was doing covering Steve Johnson anyways.  Kid was getting abused.  Wilson came back in after that one awful drive and did OK when he was moved onto someone else.

It's becoming clear that he's a liability when facing a team's # 1 receiver and most # 2's but isn't the worst guy to have on your team either.  Once his rookie contract is over he'll be gone.

Sad but true another #1 pick wasted.

Who would you have picked in the back end of the 1st round that would have been significantly better?  Here's some of the names that went after Wilson:

Jahvid Best

Jerry Hughes

Patrick Robinson

Rodger Saffold

Chris Cook

Brian Price

Dexter McCluster

Nate Allen

TJ Ward

Arrelious Benn

Koa Misi

Torell Troup

It wasn't until Gronk went at 42 that someone decent came off the board, and we weren't exactly in the market for a TE that year.

Come on Rex DISCIPLINE?  Kyle Wilson a #1 pick?  A win is a win but we need a lot of work.

Let's not forget about Vlad's stupid false starts, I believe he and a couple of them. I thought he did well against the Pats last week but regressed a it his game. It's kind of the story of his career. In any event, Rex knows that the only reason the Bills were in this is because of the Jets.

Archived