****The Official Jets VS Steelers Game Thread****®©™

BP

LOL at people blaming Rex.

Stars were aligned for that game. Don't think I've ever been more sure of an NFL game in my life.

Geno on short week against LeBeau, off of a bye. LOL. Get real ffs.

Not blaming him for this game exclusively.  Just looking at another non-competitive game by a Rex led team and acknowledging that this season is the end of it.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not Herm's fault Pennington got hurt Not Mangini's fault Favre got hurt Not Bruce Coslet's fault that Boomer was done Not Pete Carroll's fault that Nagle sucked Not Kotite's fault that Neil O'Donnell sucked Not Joe Walton's fault that Gastineau hit Kosar late

Lmao!!

I think Jif stalks Rex and wants Rex to lick his feet

LOL at people blaming Rex.

Stars were aligned for that game. Don't think I've ever been more sure of an NFL game in my life.

Geno on short week against LeBeau, off of a bye. LOL. Get real ffs.

Let me add this to the "Rex List Of Excuses"

1. Sanchez.

2. Schottenheimer

3. Sparano

4. "Luck"

116. "stars misaligned"

Not blaming him for this game exclusively.  Just looking at another non-competitive game by a Rex led team and acknowledging that this season is the end of it.

I just look at another competitive game, every one of his now actually, without a consistently good QB, which is the main reason for all of this, and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Rex has a decent record across his 4 and a bit seasons, better than a lot of coaches in the same time frame, all without a competent QB. 

This season being the end of Rex will not bring the end of non-competitive games, if anything, it will bring more.

Can never have too many expensive corners.

And DL guys. Offense comes in the later rounds and off the street. 

"We wanted to run the ball". in the NFL of 2013 he is in fact a drooling moron. The Steelers' weakness is the pass. Keep running up the middle at their strength. Did he look at tape or was he too busy having a party all week? 

Let me add this to the "Rex List Of Excuses"

1. Sanchez.

2. Schottenheimer

3. Sparano

4. "Luck"

116. "stars misaligned"

You do realise I said exactly what was going to happen in this game before it happened?

This league is predictable. We have a much better chance of winning next week. This game was dead from the day the schedule was released.

I just look at another competitive game, every one of his now actually, without a consistently good QB, which is the main reason for all of this, and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Rex has a decent record across his 4 and a bit seasons, better than a lot of coaches in the same time frame, all without a competent QB. 

This season being the end of Rex will not bring the end of non-competitive games, if anything, it will bring more.

Yes, but in the meantime, his defense is no longer the strength it used to be and the team has fallen apart.  Blame the GM for a lot of that, but  realistically, how much longer do you give him?  Unlimited, until he gets a QB?

"We wanted to run the ball". in the NFL of 2013 he is in fact a drooling moron. The Steelers' weakness is the pass. Keep running up the middle at their strength. Did he look at tape or was he too busy having a party all week?

Rex's fault Marty Mornhinweg sucks.

Non competitive games.

Yes, but in the meantime, his defense is no longer the strength it used to be and the team has fallen apart.  Blame the GM for a lot of that, but  realistically, how much longer do you give him?  Unlimited, until he gets a QB?

How has the team "fallen apart". You want a team that's falling apart I'd look at the Bucs or Jags. This team is 3-3 and decent, with a rookie QB. That is not "falling apart" by any stretch, it's promising if anything.

I'd give him a lot longer personally, I'd give him enough time to at least see what Geno could be. He deserves a chance with a QB who's anything but awful, because I'm convinced he'd already have a SB if he had one before.

I really rate him, always have. And think his value will only be realised by our fanbase when he's gone. 

Rex's fault Marty Mornhinweg sucks.

Somebody...the head coach?... decided to run the ball early instead of passing. Somebody told him to have red light/green light on Smith instead of letting him make plays. 

Once again, when anything good happens, Wrecks is responsible. When it goes bad, it's someone else's fault. Herman Edwards Idiiot Defense-Oriented Coach Version 2.0. 

Hey, he stops the run nice.

How has the team "fallen apart". You want a team that's falling apart I'd look at the Bucs or Jags. This team is 3-3 and decent, with a rookie QB. That is not "falling apart" by any stretch, it's promising if anything.

I'd give him a lot longer personally, I'd give him enough time to at least see what Geno could be. He deserves a chance with a QB who's anything but awful, because I'm convinced he'd already have a SB if he had one before.

I really rate him, always have. And think his value will only be realised by our fanbase when he's gone. 

Because, it was a team that was competing in the AFC championship twice in a row and is likely looking at their 3rd straight non playoff years.  That's falling apart.

Again, blame the GM for a lot of that, but I don't think you give a coach a new contract after 3 straight non playoff years.

Somebody...the head coach?... decided to run the ball early instead of passing. Somebody told him to have red light/green light on Smith instead of letting him make plays.

Once again, when anything good happens, Wrecks is responsible. When it goes bad, it's someone else's fault. Herman Edwards Idiiot Defense-Oriented Coach Version 2.0.

It's wrecks fault the whole world was on Marty's nuts last week.

it makes me sad. Every week theres either we didnt run the ball enough! Or a running is so outdated in a passing league

they didnt even run the ball that much today

Non competitive games.

I know, right? ''its ok that we lost, we were close'' <---THATS WHAT RICH KOTITE WOULD SAY!

Hes from Ireland and is only 21 years old and really is clueless on Jets history and their long long LONG history of being ''competitive losers''

Seriously? Coming into the game the Steelers had the 8th worst defense against the run and the 5th best defense against the pass.  Your hatred for Rex has forced you into believing and parroting absolute fallacies. I mean, jesus that statement couldn't have been more wrong if you tried. 

Seriously? Coming into the game the Steelers had the 8th worst defense against the run and the 5th best defense against the pass.  Your hatred for Rex has forced you into believing and parroting absolute fallacies. I mean, jesus that statement couldn't have been more wrong if you tried.

OH, THE RANKINGS ARE SO FREAKING IMPORTANT! STOP EVERYTHING!DON'T THROW THE BALL! BAD STUFF COULD HAPPEN! Running between the tackles is pointless. They are very good there,better if you pack it in close to the goalline, rating nonsense be damned. One fifth of that ranking is due to a bad day in London vs. Peterson.If you buy into to this ranking horsesheet as the be all end all, you are the a-hole as is you beloved moron HC.

Your tough guy HC is SCARED LIKE A LITTLE GIRL TO THROW THE BALL.

OH, THE RANKINGS ARE SO FREAKING IMPORTANT! STOP EVERYTHING!DON'T THROW THE BALL! BAD STUFF COULD HAPPEN! Running between the tackles is pointless. They are very good there,better if you pack it in close to the goalline, rating nonsense be damned. One fifth of that ranking is due to a bad day in London vs. Peterson.If you buy into to this ranking horsesheet as the be all end all, you are the a-hole as is you beloved moron HC.

Your tough guy HC is SCARED LIKE A LITTLE GIRL TO THROW THE BALL.

Honestly, you are acting like a child. The rankings are important, because they stress just how poorly the Steelers have been against the run and how great they have been against the pass, which is the exact opposite of what you have been spouting.  The Steelers were giving up 122+ yards on the ground per game, 140 to AD isn't going to skew that much, considering they already gave up: 112 to Tennessee, 127 to Cinci, 107 to Chicago and then 145 to Minny. When you see that type of trend, it's not unreasonable to assume that their weakness is the run and that you should attack it as such.  

Meanwhile, our scared little HC, which you assume I'm defending just because I called you out on your blatantly false statements, has had Marty let Geno drop back to pas over 35 times per game.  Even today, in the game you are complaining about, we dropped back to pass over 65% of the offensive plays.  Once again, you really couldn't be any more wrong if you tried.  

Rex's defense is stale....the players on the D are here. Youre not winning with defense anymore, and our personnel on that side of the ball is fine. With Rex sticking around I'm just afraid they'll keep drafting defense. You need weapons in this  league and the Jets have zero. Stephen Hill is atrocious.

Walking wounded: The Jets suffered four injuries -- CB Kyle Wilson (possible concussion), RB Mike Goodson (knee), WR Clyde Gates (shoulder) and RB Bilal Powell (shoulder), who insisted he was fine. That wasn't the case with Gates, who was seen in the locker room with his left arm in a sling. The Jets already are down a receiver, with Santonio Holmes(hamstring) likely to miss next Sunday's game against the New England Patriots. Losing Gates would hurt. Obviously, the backfield would take a hit without Powell and Goodson, whose injury could be serious.

so less weapinz vs patsies next week

yay

Rex's defense is stale....the players on the D are here. Youre not winning with defense anymore, and our personnel on that side of the ball is fine. With Rex sticking around I'm just afraid they'll keep drafting defense. You need weapons in this  league and the Jets have zero. Stephen Hill is atrocious.

Rest of your points are fine, but what has Hill done to draw your ire? He made a couple huge first downs today, held onto that ball while getting destroyed by polamalu and has shown the ability to blow the top off of a defense. The kid is probably gonna end up with 700+ yards and a handful of tds for a second year, extremely raw receiver. Hill is hardly the reason we're losing games; his only problem is that he's not a #1 and is being forced to play like it.  

Rest of your points are fine, but what has Hill done to draw your ire? He made a couple huge first downs today, held onto that ball while getting destroyed by polamalu and has shown the ability to blow the top off of a defense. The kid is probably gonna end up with 700+ yards and a handful of tds for a second year, extremely raw receiver. Hill is hardly the reason we're losing games; his only problem is that he's not a #1 and is being forced to play like it.  

He had a 80 yard TD if he didnt have the piano on his back.

Archived