Sloppy Practice Leads to Rex Calling Out Team

flgreen

Only Rex's bitch ass.  If that piece of sh*t actually knew how to coach, there wouldnt be no sloppy practice.

Not saying that at all. Every team has peaks and valleys that they have to collectively coach their teams through-It is a part of any sport at any level-Rex has actually done a poor job of managing that in my opinion, BUT

Who actually has to report to the media that they got on the team for being sloppy in a practice? Who feels the need to say that?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not saying that at all. Every team has peaks and valleys that they have to collectively coach their teams through-It is a part of any sport at any level-Rex has actually done a poor job of managing that in my opinion, BUT

Who actually has to report to the media that they got on the team for being sloppy in a practice? Who feels the need to say that?

That bitch ass Rex Ryan.  That's who.  Dude sucks. 

What coach really has to go to the media and say-"hey, guess what guys? I chewed the team out at practice"?

Does any other coach find it necessary to say this stuff?

Scott, it's getting to the point where for you, Rex cannot do a single thing right.  He's finally holding people accountable and saying the right things, and yet you have nothing good to say about him. 

At least the majority of the pro-Rex crowd understands he has a lot of room for growth and recognize what he fails to bring to the table.  You, on the other hand, throw out useless statements like "My goal is to win the Super Bowl" and rip Rex even when he does good things, because you've made up your mind that you simply don't like him, and because you think he's simply incapable of taking this team to the next level even when there's no reason to think he cannot.  We get it.

Scott, it's getting to the point where for you, Rex cannot do a single thing right.  He's finally holding people accountable and saying the right things, and yet you have nothing good to say about him. 

At least the majority of the pro-Rex crowd understands he has a lot of room for growth and recognize what he fails to bring to the table.  You, on the other hand, throw out useless statements like "My goal is to win the Super Bowl" and rip Rex even when he does good things, because you've made up your mind that you simply don't like him, and because you think he's simply incapable of taking this team to the next level even when there's no reason to think he cannot.  We get it.

That cuz he sucks, yo. 

Especially since this is the ******* NFL where manufactured drama results in many games being decided by events that can be deemed pure luck. WHAT IF Bledsoe never gets hurt? WHAT IF whatever the tuck rule is doesn't favor the Pats? WHAT IF Tyree doesn't make that catch? On and on...complete waste of time. 

i meant to pos rep this comment but i neg repped it. sorry. 

I have stated consistently what I feel Rex's problems are.

Personally, coaches that HAVE to tell you that they are holding people accountable, have another agenda than actually doing the job they are primarily charged with.

Don't tell me you are holding people accountable, have it show in results.

Personally, coaches that HAVE to tell you that they are holding people accountable, have another agenda than actually doing the job they are primarily charged with.

It is indeed showing in the results if you haven't noticed.  He's been benching people who need to be benched left and right and it's been working out for us pretty nicely.  Ducasse and Milliner come to mind.

It is indeed showing in the results if you haven't noticed.  He's been benching people who need to be benched left and right and it's been working out for us pretty nicely.  Ducasse and Milliner come to mind.

Ducasse yes, Milliner, injured.

The results have been inconsistent, as they have been in Rex's tenure. A schizophrenic's manic day.

He admitted he lost the team in 2010. And the team acted like it was separated from the coach in 2011.

Now, it would be nice to see if this current little wave is a blip, or more inconsistency, in a sea of inconsistency.

You meant 2011. but he did too much celebrating the week after beating the Pats in the playoffs. and it showed the next week in Pittsburgh. but hey, still lost TWO, COUNT THEM ''TWO'' AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES BACK TO BACK! how many rookie hc's have done that?

You meant 2011. but he did too much celebrating the week after beating the Pats in the playoffs. and it showed the next week in Pittsburgh. but hey, still lost TWO, COUNT THEM ''TWO'' AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES BACK TO BACK! how many rookie hc's have done that?

Rex sucks.  Fire him.

Meaning what exactly?

His balls wouldnt be on your chin if we fired him. you wouldnt like that, would you?

We've fired just about every coach within 5 years.  Finally we have one who brings something good to the table and folks think it'll fix things to fire him and start all over again.  Patience is a virtue, my friend.

Uhh, the vaunted Tom Coughlin.  If you haven't heard any coach say this before then you haven't been paying attention.

We've fired just about every coach within 5 years.  Finally we have one who brings something good to the table and folks think it'll fix things to fire him and start all over again.  Patience is a virtue, my friend.

Are you putting words in my mouth? because I never said that. what are you 25? 22?

You said fire him, I'm just pointing out how absent minded he is. ''NOBODY CAN CRITICIZE REX! OR YOURE NOT A REAL FAN''>< Jif/Jetsfan80

Are you putting words in my mouth? because I never said that. what are you 25? 22?

You said fire him, I'm just pointing out how absent minded he is. ''NOBODY CAN CRITICIZE REX! OR YOURE NOT A REAL FAN''>< Jif/Jetsfan80

Oh, my bad.  I should have assumed the clown costume Rex and general hatred of him meant you give him your full endorsement.

Oh, my bad.  I should have assumed the clown costume Rex and general hatred of him meant you give him your full endorsement.

I will categorize you as a Rex ballwasher, thats fine.

And dumbass, your hero in the clown costume was in the daily news the year after the Giants won the superbowl. I didnt make it. go cry to the editor of the daily news :rl:

I'm sure his agenda is twofold:

1) see how it works to let the players know the public knows they're doing a lousy job in practice.  The agenda here is to get the players to play better.

2) let other teams know he's "grown" some, in case he is looking for a job in January.  The agenda here is to keep himself from being unemployed for long.

I'm sure his agenda is twofold:

1) see how it works to let the players know the public knows they're doing a lousy job in practice.  The agenda here is to get the players to play better.

2) let other teams know he's "grown" some, in case he is looking for a job in January.  The agenda here is to keep himself from being unemployed for long.

Good points.  If true, I certainly hope that #1 is a real sign that Rex is finally getting it that he can't just be buddy-buddy with the players and has to be a bad ass at times.

Good points.  If true, I certainly hope that #1 is a real sign that Rex is finally getting it that he can't just be buddy-buddy with the players and has to be a bad ass at times.

Well I'm sure he's called out his team before.  This is just the first time I recall him doing it through the media.  

Lots of coaches do things that are visible to the public.  I remember when Parcells got to Dallas he gave the rookies helmets with no stars on them, then bloviated to the media that they had to earn the star.  He also used to go on about John Hall and him wearing Huggies or something like that.  Referred to Terry Glenn as "she."  Lots of other stuff I've long since forgotten.

Rex isn't the first or the last to use the media to motivate players on his team, and this wasn't even a particularly nasty way of doing it.

Well I'm sure he's called out his team before.  This is just the first time I recall him doing it through the media.  

Lots of coaches do things that are visible to the public.  I remember when Parcells got to Dallas he gave the rookies helmets with no stars on them, then bloviated to the media that they had to earn the star.  He also used to go on about John Hall and him wearing Huggies or something like that.  Referred to Terry Glenn as "she."  Lots of other stuff I've long since forgotten.

Rex isn't the first or the last to use the media to motivate players on his team, and this wasn't even a particularly nasty way of doing it.

He probably has, but evidently it hasn't worked with any consistency or he wouldn't be going to the next step of making it public.

Yes, I know that lots of coaches, particularly Parcells, do/did things publicly in the media to get their players' attention, and Rex isn't the first.  IMO it's a positive sign that he is at last showing signs of being the "boss" and showing some leadership. It doesn't matter that it wasn't particularly nasty (in fact, I think it was a pretty wimpy first effort), but it just shows a willingness to get their attention and not accept mediocrity any more in the name of being a "good guy" or their "buddy" or a "players' coach."  This is a young team, and probably needs more discipline from the HC than a veteran team would. This is another step in his development as a HC.

Glad to see you're finally admitting it!   :winking0001:   Seriously, I'm very pleased that Rex is showing more leadership and holding players accountable.  He is growing as a HC.  If he keeps it up, I may even start to like him again.

Just wait till he challenges two ball spots in the first half. :winking0001:  Love him but he is just not HC material.

Just wait till he challenges two ball spots in the first half. :winking0001:  Love him but he is just not HC material.

He may not be.  I've thought that way for most of the last two years, but he at least is showing some signs of learning and improving.  If Idzik decides to replace him and Woody allows it, I won't be upset as Rex may never be a finished product as a HC.  On the flip side of that, if Idzik extends to give Rex another year or two, I won't be upset either, unless a candidate appears on the scene that I think would immediately be head and shoulders better than Rex.  At this point, I'm underwhelmed by any of the potential candidates.  I've seen enough rookie HCs with the Jets to last two lifetimes, and am less than enthused about any of the potential retreads. I'm also tired of the continual turnover in the CS.  While Rex is far from perfect, if he stays out of the offense's way, keeps his yap shut, continues holding players accountable, and Mornhinweg stays as OC, Idzik might be able to put together enough talent that the Jets can win a SB or two.

If the team falls apart down the stretch or a great candidate to replace Rex emerges, however, all bets are off.

He may not be.  I've thought that way for most of the last two years, but he at least is showing some signs of learning and improving.  If Idzik decides to replace him and Woody allows it, I won't be upset as Rex may never be a finished product as a HC.  On the flip side of that, if Idzik extends to give Rex another year or two, I won't be upset either, unless a candidate appears on the scene that I think would immediately be head and shoulders better than Rex.  At this point, I'm underwhelmed by any of the potential candidates.  I've seen enough rookie HCs with the Jets to last two lifetimes, and am less than enthused about any of the potential retreads. I'm also tired of the continual turnover in the CS.  While Rex is far from perfect, if he stays out of the offense's way, keeps his yap shut, continues holding players accountable, and Mornhinweg stays as OC, Idzik might be able to put together enough talent that the Jets can win a SB or two.

If the team falls apart down the stretch or a great candidate to replace Rex emerges, however, all bets are off.

Signs of improving as a HC in year 5 is not something to rave about. We have already this season seen him challenge ball spots. In the past we have seen him challege ball spots & lose when we were going for it on 4th down anyway.  Then there was the multiple no punt returner formations against NE the first game.

His clock mgmt is always questionable.  His teams are the King of letdown games......How many straight games w/out back to back W's????.  Then there is his approach on D when defending a one score lead late.  Throw in his handling of the QB situation last season which was mind boggling at times.

I love the guy and hope things work out for him but his type of flaws are the difference between being an ok and elite HC and they have been constant throughout his tenure.

He admitted he lost the team in 2010. And the team acted like it was separated from the coach in 2011.

Now, it would be nice to see if this current little wave is a blip, or more inconsistency, in a sea of inconsistency.

No no no. This year it's the real Rex Ryan. Except for the Tennessee game. And the Steelers game.

This is actually a good sign.  How many times have we heard about how well practice went, only to go out and fall on our asses.  Crap practice, good game. That's the ticket -- go with the opposite.  It always works.

you know what? you might be right.

Archived