Should be 2 and 6

Jacked4JetsFB

I thought going into the season that this was a 9-7 or 10-6 team. This team is on par talent wise with the 2009 team. I am/was a huge Rex fan, but I am starting to lose my affection for him.

If not for two completely gifts if penalties against the winless Bucs and the Patriots, we would be sitting at 2-6 right now.

The second half of the schedule is a cake walk, so we will still get to 9-7 most likely, and could squeeze into the playoffs, but luck is not a strategy.

Unfortunately the team we are watching is several years in the making. We have bolstered up out Dline and drafted/signed high pick CBs at the expense if out WRs and TE position.

At some point this organization is going to have to move on past 1985, it's a different league, we need to build our team to today's league. I love what Rex brought to the Jets, but I blame him more than anyone for the way this team is made up, dline and CBs are the mark of Rex.

2-6 is where we should be.

SO TIRED OF THIS.

the Jets hung around long enough to win the TB & NE games and take advantage of an extra opportunity. hell, they should have won the NE game outright, but since the Jets are the only team to ever get helped by flags, the offensive PI call on Hill's TD catch was totally warranted, even though Hill didn't straighten his arms and the defender sold it like a used car salesman.

they are what their record says. 4-4 says an average, inconsistent team. and that's EXACTLY what they are.

I thought going into the season that this was a 9-7 or 10-6 team. This team is on par talent wise with the 2009 team. I am/was a huge Rex fan, but I am starting to lose my affection for him.

If not for two completely gifts if penalties against the winless Bucs and the Patriots, we would be sitting at 2-6 right now.

The second half of the schedule is a cake walk, so we will still get to 9-7 most likely, and could squeeze into the playoffs, but luck is not a strategy.

Unfortunately the team we are watching is several years in the making. We have bolstered up out Dline and drafted/signed high pick CBs at the expense if out WRs and TE position.

At some point this organization is going to have to move on past 1985, it's a different league, we need to build our team to today's league. I love what Rex brought to the Jets, but I blame him more than anyone for the way this team is made up, dline and CBs are the mark of Rex.

I hear what you're saying but this is all old news, we knew all of this during the preseason. I believe Parcells' old expression, "you are what your record says you are." The Jets are in rebuilding mode, and to your point, they need a playmaking wide receiver. We're also a little slow in the secondary. It's too early to say yet whether Dee Milliner is a bust.

But here's the thing, While Rex has made mistakes (he'd be the first to admit it), players love playing for him, and they play hard for him. That's what you want, more than anything, out of your head coach. Take a look at Tampa Bay, and take a look at Eric Mangini's short lived career as a HC. They both have talented teams but suck because everyone hates playingfor them. As for the Jets' record,they have a rookie quarterback who has played remarkably well at times, injuries to key players and not much of a running game. The fact that we're 4-4, I would say, really exceeds (at least my) expectations.

I would say that 8-8 would be a great record, because while the Jets are not in the upper echelon, they are not in the bottom one yet. Hang tight, things will get better.

I thought going into the season that this was a 9-7 or 10-6 team. 

We are lucky to be at 4-4.  But the disappointment you're feeling is on you and you alone.  We were ranked 32nd for a reason.

Also, if the 2nd half of the season is such cake, then don't worry, we can still hit your projections.  But hey, I'd say get ready for some disappointments when we start losing some of those games you penciled in as easy wins 2 months ago.

Yes, we are 4-4, and if we can get more gift penalties to keep us in games we will have a chance for the Super Bowl, I love the strategy.

Not a strategy it's a fact.  We are a 4-4 team that wins games it shouldn't.  Nobody was picking us for the Superbowl this year if they were then their brains are stupid.

We were underdogs in 3 of our 4 wins.  Geno looked lousy in the preseason, yet we came out and beat the Bucs.  No, that win doesn't look impressive in hindsight, but the talent gap in favor of the Bucs was still considerable.  Our young QB played lousy against the Pats yet we were in that game throughout and lost by 3.  The Falcons had Julio Jones, were in their comfy dome, and we beat them.  We outplayed the Bills and Pats to put us 2-1 in the division at the halfway point.

Sure, we looked like a really bad team against the Steelers, Titans and Bengals.  And that's normal in a rebuilding year with a raw rookie QB, no weapons on offense, and a lousy secondary.  But how this season hasn't exceeded expectations given the schedule and lack of talent at everywhere but DL is mind-boggling.

just so you know the back end of our schedule does consist of some mediocre teams but a lot of those teams like Cleveland, Miami 2x, Carolina and Baltimore,Oakland all have very good defenses and that's not good for the Jets in any way since this team in recent years has NEVER played good vs good defenses at all. Also keep in mind we do not match up well against Miami at all that defense is going to eat us alive IMO. Wish it was not true since I hate Miami more than any other franchise in sports history (even more than the Pats and Sox) but lets be honest here this offense has the chance of getting blown up the second half of the season. Just have a look at the defenses we will be facing and Im pretty sure you might agree. Also keep in mind those defense are ALL stout against the run

This is where I stopped reading.

If you actually believed that... wow, just wow.

Why the hell not? This defense is five years in the making. It is everything Rex has wanted minus Revis.

We have a good OLine.

We have a very easy schedule.

This team won 6 games with the worst QB and the worst OC in the history of football. Not having those two things alone is worth at least 3 extra wins.

You people act like the dolts on ESPN and Prisci who rank us at 31 or pick us to win 4 games have any clue. They look at last year and are too lazy to look at the real changes from one year to the next.

Anything less than 9 wins this's year is a disappointment, and expecting less and excusing it saying we have a crappy roster is a farce. We have a middle tier roster, not a bottom tier, not a top tier, this is a 9-7 team.

Why the hell not? This defense is five years in the making. It is everything Rex has wanted minus Revis.

We have a good OLine.

This team won 6 games with the worst QB and the worst OC in the history of football. Not having those two things alone is worth at least 3 extra wins.

You people act like the dolts on ESPN and Prisci who rank us at 31 or pick us to win 4 games have any clue. They look at last year and are too lazy to look at the real changes from one year to the next.

Anything less than 9 wins this's year is a disappointment, and expecting less and excusing it saying we have a crappy roster is a farce. We have a middle tier roster, not a bottom tier, not a top tier, this is a 9-7 team.

Without offensive weapons, I dont know how we can come back into a game if we go down 2 scores... Jets  need atleast 1 or 2 big play receivers to help the running and underneath game.

Kerley at best is #3 receiver and Hill a #4. Cumberland as well as he has played still in my opinion a backup or a #2 TE. We need to upgrade WR and TE. 

Without offensive weapons, I dont know how we can come back into a game if we go down 2 scores... Jets need atleast 1 or 2 big play receivers to help the running and underneath game.

Kerley at best is #3 receiver and Hill a #4. Cumberland as well as he has played still in my opinion a backup or a #2 TE. We need to upgrade WR and TE.

I don't disagree, but this defense is designed to not let too many teams get up 14 points.

I don't like the way the team is built, I prefer offense these days and playmakers, but in this weak NFL this is not a bottom tier talent team at all, this team is very capable of winning 9 games.

It's a shame they needed two gifts from God to not be 2-6 right now, they have underperformed to date based on play, and performed as expected based on record.

Serious question, are you more of a Jets fan or a Rex fan? It seems as though your sole basis for posting is to defend Rex.

Not sure what this has to with my comment but its true I <3 Rex Ryan.  Think he's an outstanding HC and I've been very clear on that position.  I dont really defend him anymore.  It's pointless and boring.  I can't control what Idzik does with Rex after this season.  And if it the decision is to fire him, sobeit.  I'll be disappointed and think the Jets will regret it but I'm a Jets fan first and foremost.  

I get the feeling Idzik is using this year as the time to evaluate everything, Geno, rest of the roster, HC and staff. I dont know why we did not sign a decent receiver or draft when he knew of Holmes's uncertainty and Keller leaving. Only argument is he is piling up draft picks and waiting to free up cap space for 2014

We have a good OLine.

I shouldn't do this because logic and common sense waived bye bye to you years ago but here goes:

1. The defense is not five years in the making, We are using bargain basement safeties, the number 2 CB position isn't remotely settled. The D-Line has been built up but two of our starting LBs are old and slow. 

2. The offensive line has 2-3 very good players but when you are changing out both guard positions it takes a while for the line to gel as a unit. This unit is still in the liquid phase. 

3. Our schedule has not been easy. We've just come through a stretch where we played the Steelers, Pats and Bengals and we play the Saints next - that's brutal. In the second half of the season we play the Ravens, the Dolphins twice (divisional games are always brutal,) Carolina (third best defense in the NFL + Cam Newton) plus the Bills, who also have a top 10 defense. So that's five of the seven games after the bye. How the **** is that an easy schedule? Oh and the Raiders and Browns aren't exactly pushovers. 

4. A new OC and a rookie QB rarely translate into 3 extra wins. That's ridiculous. 

5. Being realistic is the polar opposite of being like ESPN. This may be the most insulting thing anyone has ever said to me online. Don't ever compare me to anything ESPN related you punk. 

6. 9 wins was unrealistic but not impossible and it still is. It just isn't likely with this team as currently constructed. I would take six wins if there was overall improvement. What I want to see the rest of the way is this team being competitive in every game. I want to see Geno improve and I want to see one or two of our receivers step up and show that they belong in this league.

I shouldn't do this because logic and common sense waived bye bye to you years ago but here goes:

1. The defense is not five years in the making, We are using bargain basement safeties, the number 2 CB position isn't remotely settled. The D-Line has been built up but two of our starting LBs are old and slow.

2. The offensive line has 2-3 very good players but when you are changing out both guard positions it takes a while for the line to gel as a unit. This unit is still in the liquid phase.

3. Our schedule has not been easy. We've just come through a stretch where we played the Steelers, Pats and Bengals and we play the Saints next - that's brutal. In the second half of the season we play the Ravens, the Dolphins twice (divisional games are always brutal,) Carolina (third best defense in the NFL + Cam Newton) plus the Bills, who also have a top 10 defense. So that's five of the seven games after the bye. How the **** is that an easy schedule? Oh and the Raiders and Browns aren't exactly pushovers.

4. A new OC and a rookie QB rarely translate into 3 extra wins. That's ridiculous.

5. Being realistic is the polar opposite of being like ESPN. This may be the most insulting thing anyone has ever said to me online. Don't ever compare me to anything ESPN related you punk.

6. 9 wins was unrealistic but not impossible and it still is. It just isn't likely with this team as currently constructed. I would take six wins if there was overall improvement. What I want to see the rest of the way is this team being competitive in every game. I want to see Geno improve and I want to see one or two of our receivers step up and show that they belong in this league.

First off, no need for the personal attack.

Second off, all of those issues you talk about are called the modern NFL in which there is a hard cap. Every single team has those types of issues. You simply cannot build a 90's cowboys team right now, it's not possible. So yeah, we don't have 11 studs on defense, big deal. Show me one team that has anything close to a perfect unit.

The modern NFL gives you the ability to have a few studs at one time, and the rest is up to drafting and getting production out of young players.

Your basis is about 20 years off.

You were saying?

IMO there is a huge difference between saying someone's like people who make blind assumptions about a teams ranking or record and saying that someone has no logic or common sense. One is an attack, one is not. I know you are smart enough to figure out which is which.

IMO there is a huge difference between saying someone's like people who make blind assumptions about a teams ranking or record and saying that someone has no logic or common sense. One is an attack, one is not. I know you are smart enough to figure out which is which.

Actaully, I'm already too bored with this conversation to bother. 

Actaully, I'm already too bored with this conversation to bother.

Ok, thanks for stopping by. I look forward to the day when we can field the best dline, LB'ers and secondary in the NFL, maybe then I can expect 9 wins from the Jets. Your wisdom has been helpful.

Archived