1-10 after wins

Bugg

They got beat by a better team yesterday, but Rex treats certain games like personal Super Bowls and it leads to let downs. They definitely underestimated how good the Bengals were.

This Saints game with his brother being on the other side...you'll see a much better effort from the Jets. 

What makes the Pats still good  is they're the same after a win or loss.

They got beat by a better team yesterday, but Rex treats certain games like personal Super Bowls and it leads to let downs. They definitely underestimated how good the Bengals were.

This Saints game with his brother being on the other side...you'll see a much better effort from the Jets. 

Is this your new catch phrase?  It's silly and I'm not buying.  And I'm not buying they underestimated the Bengals either.  Rex loves and respects Marvin Lewis.  He sucked Green off all week long.  He got on the team about a sloppy practice.  The players are involved in this equation too, ya know? And those players on this team, are young, inexperienced and led by an inconsistent rookie at the most important position on the team.

Rex has always said, the 2 fastest ways to lose a game are QB and CB play, well, it was bad yesterday day.  Really bad.  Couple that with the Bengals putting together one of their best games of the year and you have what you got yesterday.

Tom Brady might have something to do with it also

Jets under Wrecks are 1-10 after their last 11 wins. 

This is a problem. What is going on after wins that lead to this kind of letdown.

This coincedes when Rex lost the locker room back in 2011 after we were 8-5 and then all hell broke loose....

But to perhaps answer your question, its determination, it's striving for excellence, its making sure the little things during practice, don't turn into big things during the game, its in game adjustments when things are not going your way, its preparation day in and day out, its going outside of the lines when needed and having the good judgement to stay the course and knowing when, its making sure all understand what is needed and what the goal is, its making sure people are held accountable.....just to name a few things that can be leading to this kind of let down

Historically this team doesn't deal well with high expectations. It's a problem bigger than Rex Ryan. It goes back to the start of the franchise. The Jets are better as spoilers than as contenders, it's always been this way and probably always will be. 

This is a problem. What is going on after wins that lead to this kind of letdown. 

Also this team was suppose to win 2-4 games this year.  Considering the talent on offense and 7 new starter on defense, it is a miracle that the Jets are 4-4 after 8.  The Jets after 8 games are in the hunt for the playoff, who saw this coming? 

The inability to sincerely take games one at a time, be humble and do your job.

The Jets get far too much gratification from 1 mid-season win.

Also this team was suppose to win 2-4 games this year. Considering the talent on offense and 7 new starter on defense, it is a miracle that the Jets are 4-4 after 8. The Jets after 8 games are in the hunt for the playoff, who saw this coming?

This has nothing to do with the original point.

Historically this team doesn't deal well with high expectations. It's a problem bigger than Rex Ryan. It goes back to the start of the franchise. The Jets are better as spoilers than as contenders, it's always been this way and probably always will be. 

Historically, the Jets have not had great QB's in their program, dating all the way back to Namath. The Jets have to get along without great quarterbacks, its always been that way and probably always will.

So why grouse about it?

Historically, the Jets have not had great QB's in their program, dating all the way back to Namath. The Jets have to get along without great quarterbacks, its always been that way and probably always will.

So why grouse about it?

Because there's absolutely no reason WHY we should have to always have bad QB's.  Terry Bradway wanted Russell Wilson but we didn't get him.  Finally Idzik comes in, the guy who played a part in ACTUALLY drafting Russell Wilson, and he gets us Geno Smith, who looks like he COULD be an OK pro. 

Our inability to find QB's was directly related to our unwillingness to take a chance and draft QB's over the years.  We took Pennington in 2000 (and likely wouldn't have if we weren't graced with 4 first round picks that year), Kellen Clemens in 2006, and Sanchez in 2009.  Those were the only 3 QB's we took within the first 2 rounds in a DECADE.  For a franchise that is always dealing with substandard QB's, that was unacceptable.  Meanwhile, the Washington Redskins, a pretty lousy franchise over the last couple decades, took BOTH RG3 and Kirk Cousins in 1 draft.  That's the way you gotta do it.

With so many picks in 2014 there's pretty much no doubt in my mind Idzik takes another QB next draft; it's just a matter of whether its a 1st-2nd round guy (I.E. we don't believe in Geno) or more like a 3rd-5th round guy (Geno's backup with some upside).  He seems to know what he's doing.

Because there's absolutely no reason WHY we should have to always have bad QB's.  Terry Bradway wanted Russell Wilson but we didn't get him.  Finally Idzik comes in, the guy who played a part in ACTUALLY drafting Russell Wilson, and he gets us Geno Smith, who looks like he COULD be an OK pro. 

Our inability to find QB's is directly related to our unwillingness to take a chance and draft QB's over the years.  We took Pennington in 2000 (and likely wouldn't have if we weren't graced with 4 first round picks that year), Kellen Clemens in 2006, and Sanchez in 2009.  Those were the only 3 QB's we took within the first 2 rounds in a DECADE.  Meanwhile, the Washington Redskins took BOTH RG3 and Kirk Cousins in 1 draft, and they have been a really crappy franchise. 

No sh*t. The same way there is absolutely no reason that we have to be consigned to inconsistent football year after year, just because the helmet says "Jets"

Also this team was suppose to win 2-4 games this year. Considering the talent on offense and 7 new starter on defense, it is a miracle that the Jets are 4-4 after 8. The Jets after 8 games are in the hunt for the playoff, who saw this coming?

Yes, a miracle in the form of two game saving penalties to allow us to win two games that were all but lost.

I believe that there has to be a change at the coaching level in order for that change to manifest itself. That is where I believe in Idzik.

I have no reason to believe or not believe in him at this point. I have seen things I like, as well as things I really dislike so far. The next offseason will likely determine his fate here, after I see how he does I may believe in him.

So why grouse about it?

Kenny O'Brien was a great quarterback.

Archived