Keep defending Geno

Joe Jets fan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put Simms in, this is disgusting. Worse than Sanchez's rookie year turnovers.

dude has no awareness whatsoever. complete tunnel vision out there. doesn't see or fell ruchers at all. just stares down field, and like a directional antenna is just completely blind to anything else. he doesn't even see defenders down the filed at all. he is a scrub

As much as I hate to keep changing at the QB position, I would say with this class coming out that the Jets have to draft a QB. It seems that everytime a GREAT QB is available, the Jets pass and draft positional (especially defense) but if someone like MANZIEL (who is now projected to go mid-first round) "falls" to the Jets, they have to take him. I like GENO but see him as an adequate QB but not a FRANCHISE guy and until the JETS finally get a franchise guy, they will continue to be mediocre at best.

Thoughts?

You see Manuel making quick decisions and getting the ball out to his receivers (who are all young and inexperienced), then you see Geno back there holding it, scrambling, looking, waiting for someone to be standing all alone wide open.  He has no timing whatsoever.  Nada.  Geno is a bad QB.  Even for a second rounder.

You see Manuel making quick decisions and getting the ball out to his receivers (who are all young and inexperienced), then you see Geno back there holding it, scrambling, looking, waiting for someone to be standing all alone wide open.  He has no timing whatsoever.  Nada.  Geno is a bad QB.  Even for a second rounder.

I just wonder, if Idzik (and Rex if he is still here), and Geno continues to show little progress, that they would use a 1st round pick on another QB. Geno looks to be an average QB at best, and if you have the chance to draft a QB in one of the deepest classes in history, should you? I dont know, Geno to me is not much better than the predecessor BUT maybe he will progress. Tough choice if Manziel, or Mettenberg, or Murray, or McCarron etc are sitting there, and you are still unsure of your QB.

Exactly.  One guy gets it, the other shows absolutely no sign of catching on.   

As much as I hate to keep changing at the QB position, I would say with this class coming out that the Jets have to draft a QB. It seems that everytime a GREAT QB is available, the Jets pass and draft positional (especially defense) but if someone like MANZIEL (who is now projected to go mid-first round) "falls" to the Jets, they have to take him. I like GENO but see him as an adequate QB but not a FRANCHISE guy and until the JETS finally get a franchise guy, they will continue to be mediocre at best.

Thoughts?

If Geno doesn't improve, we have to draft Manziel, hell if we don't make the playoffs we should draft Manziel. 

Archived