Keep defending Geno

Joe Jets fan

You see Manuel making quick decisions and getting the ball out to his receivers (who are all young and inexperienced), then you see Geno back there holding it, scrambling, looking, waiting for someone to be standing all alone wide open.  He has no timing whatsoever.  Nada.  Geno is a bad QB.  Even for a second rounder.

Way to blow Manuel, did you not see what happened in the previous game, they both suck, Jets and Bills are cursed with qbs.

Exactly.  One guy gets it, the other shows absolutely no sign of catching on.   

Manuel sucks, just cause Geno sucks to doesn't mean he's good.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STFU scrub, If you knew anything about football you would obviously know the Jets recievers are sh*t, no true #1 back or TE... Now go play Madden son.

How was Geno's cleaning habits when you shared a room with him as a kid?

Are you a bunch of retards?

Geno literally has scrubs to throw to and a very average O-line to block.

To a certain extent, I agree BUT Geno has shown these same traits over and over, like holding the ball too long, indecisive in his decision making, late or innaccurate throws, and seems to be not progressing very much. In fact he is starting to take on many of the same traits as his predecessor, and that is scary to think about. As I said, I like GENO but I just feel he will be an average NFL QB but never a Franchise guy, and with the chance to possibly finally get one in this draft, I think the Jets need to pull that trigger. Every time they seem to have the chance like in the 83 draft where they could have had MARINO or if PEYTON would have come out a year earlier for PARCELLS, etc. all these franchise QBS seem to end up with ant team except the Jets.

You see Manuel making quick decisions and getting the ball out to his receivers (who are all young and inexperienced), then you see Geno back there holding it, scrambling, looking, waiting for someone to be standing all alone wide open.  He has no timing whatsoever.  Nada.  Geno is a bad QB.  Even for a second rounder.

Even when he makes the right choice to throwing the f**kg pigskin he can't hit the side of a barn. Makes you wonder if maybe he just needs some glasses

Even when he makes the right choice to throwing the f**kg pigskin he can't hit the side of a barn. Makes you wonder if maybe he just needs some glasses

Funny, but one of the reasons he was rated so high coming out of WV were that he was incredibly accurate, and rarely threw a bad interception, and in fact had like 4 his senior year. For the JETS he has been the exact opposite, very inaccurate, and throws very bad interceptions. He dropped in the draft because the "system" at WV was very suspect, and I guess now we are seeing why all the other teams, even teams that needed a QB passed on GENO.

As a side note, MIKE GLANNON 20/23 for 270 with 2 tds for TAMPA BAY today. Hmmmmm.

Funny, but one of the reasons he was rated so high coming out of WV were that he was incredibly accurate, and rarely threw a bad interception, and in fact had like 4 his senior year. For the JETS he has been the exact opposite, very inaccurate, and throws very bad interceptions. He dropped in the draft because the "system" at WV was very suspect, and I guess now we are seeing why all the other teams, even teams that needed a QB passed on GENO.

As a side note, MIKE GLANNON 20/23 for 270 with 2 tds for TAMPA BAY today. Hmmmmm.

Your side Note don't mean sh*t... next week Geno can throw for 233 23/28 and 3 TDs and Glennon can suckm it doesn't matter.

Peyton Manning's and Troy Aikman's rookie years say "hi."

We knew these guys were good coming in but everyone is unsure of Geno when he came in. Yes I know no one knew of Tom Brady but the second Brady stepped on to the field the team played better. The jets don't play better with Geno. They play to protect him...

Jet's issues aren't Geno, although he isn't helping...

WOW...Jets post game is saying EXACTLY what I said...sh*t I should be on TV.

I agree, the JETS have many other issues (secondary, Receivers, O-line) but a FRANCHISE QB can make up for many deficiencies in a team. The PATS are an average to below average team without BRADY, and RODGERS on GB won a superbowl with the last ranked Defense in the NFL.

Geno can certainly be a serviceable QB in the NFL but in reality, until we get a FRANCHISE QB, we will still be looking back to January 12th, 1969.

Your side Note don't mean sh*t... next week Geno can throw for 233 23/28 and 3 TDs and Glennon can suckm it doesn't matter.

Yeah, I know but it just came out as I was scanning the QB results for today, and Glennon had been mentioned as a draft possibility for the JETS last year. I know Glennon is also not FRANCHISE material but 20/23 is not a bad day for any rookie and GENO has not come close to that type of accuracy in a game this year.

I agree, the JETS have many other issues (secondary, Receivers, O-line) but a FRANCHISE QB can make up for many deficiencies in a team. The PATS are an average to below average team without BRADY, and RODGERS on GB won a superbowl with the last ranked Defense in the NFL.

Geno can certainly be a serviceable QB in the NFL but in reality, until we get a FRANCHISE QB, we will still be looking back to January 12th, 1969.

The playcalling is 50% of the issue. They have no business running on nearly every down with 8 man in the box early in the game ala playing to lose. Then they fall in a hole, just like they did against Cin, Ten, Pitt, and today. Rex playing cover zero and man to man is also a BIG part of it. Revis is GONE, these corners are average at best and have no business playing man to man, instead should be in cover 2.

You could instert manning into the lineup and it wouldn't make a huge difference if the play calling is the same and if recievers aren't getting open. Geno isn't missing wide open recievers...The team needs recievers in the worst way...

Archived