Ihedigbo: Ravens Approaching Sunday as Playoff Game

flgreen

Jets links: Former Jet James Ihedigbo says Ravens approaching Sunday as 'playoff game'

Michael J. Fensom/The Star-Ledger By Michael J. Fensom/The Star-Ledger

Follow on Twitter

on November 21, 2013 at 5:00 AM, updated November 21, 2013 at 5:09 AM

The Baltimore Ravens, at 4-6, are scrambling back into the playoff picture. There is still hope of reaching the postseason to defend their Super Bowl title, but there is much work to be done.

The only AFC playoff spot the Ravens can attain is the wild card berth currently held by the Jets, Sunday's opponent in Baltimore. Should the Ravens win, they would be square with the Jets at 5-6 and shoot past them with a head-to-head win.

With so much at stake, the former Jets safety -- and current Ravens safety -- James Ihedigbo said today that, for the Ravens, the postseason has already begun.

"We look at this as a playoff game," Ihedigbo said. "Everybody has to be at their best on Sunday. The time is now."

The Ravens offense has staggered this season. It is 30th in the NFL in yards per game and 25th in scoring. However, the team received a boost today when Dennis Pitta, the tight end and team's top receiver returning from last season, returned to practice Wednesday. Pitta is on injured reserve with a designation to return, but it is uncertain if he will play against the Jets. If he does, he will provide a reliable receiving option for Joe Flacco.

MORE FROM BALTIMORE

-- Haloti Ngata did not play last week and did not practice Wednesday. The Ravens nose tackle has missed just back to back games just once in his career.

-- Marlon Brown returned to practice today with the Ravens after missing last Sunday's game with a knee injury. In Brown's absence, Tandon Doss -- not Jacoby Jones -- saw an increased number of snaps.

The Jets are taking this as a playoff game too. Unfortunately, it will be the AFC Championship game. The Jets on the road are a pale shell of themselves and the Ravens will out play, out hit, out run, out catch, and definitely out coach the Jets in a 27-14 win. The Jets will beat Oakland and possibly Cleveland on their way to 7-9 or 6-10. I know I am a bummer, but I have seen it every year and it's always the same. I will sit there and root hard for the Jets and if they win my week will be much better, but at this point I would rather tank it and kick Rex to the curb than to ALMOST make the playoffs and have him around for another year of mediocrity.

Wrong, we need this so idiots can talk Rextension and playoffs for another week. We win this then get smacked around by the Phins. Rex treats every other week like a playoff game, we've had 3 weeks off to prepare for this

We sucks ass against the ravens and we suck ass on the road. What could possibly go wrong?

you must be new to jets fandom. do yourself a favor....plan do take the wife and kids out for the day or to start some chores around the house at about 2:00

I have the kitchen ceiling lined up.  just some touch up work but I expect it will get done today, lol

Archived