Geno being coddled...

Freemanm

I know everyone's calling or Matt Simms, but putting him in really won't change anything. I see the Jets coddling him the way they coddled Sanchez in his first two years, with the difference being that Sanchez actually had a good team around him those two years.

Smith had only 7 pass attempts in the first half. The Ravens stuffed the box on every single first and second downs, and once they took the Jets running game away, the Jets became easily beatable. Let hm throw the ball for Christ's sake. Who cares about the pics, after all, this was supposed to be a rebuilding year.

The Jets receivers are guilty of both not giving a 100% effort today, and being talentless. I didn't see any sort of crisp route running, second efforts make catches or anyone get open at all today. It seems as if as soon as the Jets got the ball they were facing a third and long, and had to rely on the sorry passing game. Santana Holmes is loser - the Jets really should wave him now. Seriously, Holmes is washed and doesn't give a 100% effort when he's out here anyway. If they were gonna keep him, then they should have signed Braylon Edwards as well.

On defense, it's very simple - the Jets secondary is slow. They get burned on pretty much every long pass that's thrown against them. They don't produce any turnovers, and, like buffalo and Cincinnati, the Ravens stopped the Jets pass rush - that's pretty much the only thing the Jets are good at.

Bottom line-I don't kow if Genois they guy or not, since he doesn't pass the ball and his receivers have no talent.

We can find out how much of the problem Geno is or isn't if we do one simple thing: start Matt Simms. If Simms comes in and the offense is suddenly clicking and doing well we have our answer, if Simms being in is just more of the same then we also have our answer. It's better to have some idea of where the problems really are, than no idea.

he's not being coddled. they are trying to hide him and keep the ball out of his hands. they dont want him to have much influence on the outcome of the game because all he does is make things worse

Hiding a steaming pile of $hit can be difficult.  It's the stench that gives it away.

i absolutely agree they are coddling him and that has shattered whatever confidence he had left. In the last 5 weeks youve seen less and less throws and geno being a game manager. Didnt he throw like almost 40 times in the first couple of games? it's like the jets can only do one extreme all passing or all running and cannot find balance. Im tired of hearing the players around geno arent good enough. they said the same thing for sanchez, the same thing for favre, the same thing for penny. dude. the qb hasnt been good enough. In retrospect all of those guys shouldve gotten benched at some point. Lets not continue this mistake. 

We can find out how much of the problem Geno is or isn't if we do one simple thing: start Matt Simms. If Simms comes in and the offense is suddenly clicking and doing well we have our answer, if Simms being in is just more of the same then we also have our answer. It's better to have some idea of where the problems really are, than no idea.

If guys like Milliner and Hill can be benched for poor play why isn't Geno. The guy did not throw a TD pass in the month of November. Do you know how hard that is do ?

I don't think Simms is the long term answer but right now Geno looks totally lost out there and needs to sit. My biggest question right now is this...

Is Geno still in there because Rex believes in him or is he under orders from Idzik to play him no matter what.

It would give the fanbase an idea. I am sure the staff already has their opinion on where the issues are. My guess is that it falls both on the offensive line and the quarterback. It is possible that we have more than one part of the offense that is broken. Maybe Simms would come light it up but I wouldn't see anyone doing well against the Ravens DL yesterday without ample protection. I think Simms is probably at least as good as Geno, because I never thought Geno was all that great in college, but it's not always in the team's best interest to give us what we are asking for, yet. Maybe in the final two games when the season is over with.

Coddled? Conservative? Whatever... Stop trying to over explain and over rationale it. Geno is not ready to be a starting QB, it doesn't mean the rest of his career is written in stone, but leaving him out there will in fact ruin him as it did Sanchez.

We're repeating the exact same mistakes we made developing Mark, and the common denominator on the coaching staff is Rex and Rex alone, since he threw the rest of his cohorts under the bus cashing in a couple of his 9 lives.

Coddled? Conservative? Whatever... Stop trying to over explain and over rationale it. Geno is not ready to be a starting QB, it doesn't mean the rest of his career is written in stone, but leaving him out there will in fact ruin him as it did Sanchez.

We're repeating the exact same mistakes we made developing Mark, and the common denominator on the coaching staff is Rex and Rex alone, since he threw the rest of his cohorts under the bus cashing in a couple of his 9 lives.

So what is the alternative? We play Simms? We commit the same sins three times in a row?

This issue with Geno, throwing a raw, 2nd round rookie into the fire, because Sanchez was tossed into the final minutes of the most meaningless preseason game of the year, is the biggest mistake that was made this year, and someone, whomever called for it either Rex or Idzik in the name of competition, solely is to blame for this happening. If it was Rex, it should be his walking papers.

None of this makes sense to me.  Last year, we had a QB who was  poop.  This year drafted a QB who nobody thought was going to be Andrew Luck or Matthew Stafford.

If better QBs are coming up next year (I don't know) then the worst thing we can do is overachieve and steal a playoff berth at 9-7.

Mr Idzik will prove himself to me with how he handles the QB situation in this offseason.

poor GENO and his confidence! he's being coddled and that's the coaches fault! 

Wake up. He's the worst QB in the NFL. the reason why they are "coddling" Him is cause he's a human disaster out there. When they do take the reigns off, he looks like hot garbage.

i absolutely agree they are coddling him and that has shattered whatever confidence he had left. In the last 5 weeks youve seen less and less throws and geno being a game manager. Didnt he throw like almost 40 times in the first couple of games? it's like the jets can only do one extreme all passing or all running and cannot find balance. Im tired of hearing the players around geno arent good enough. they said the same thing for sanchez, the same thing for favre, the same thing for penny. dude. the qb hasnt been good enough. In retrospect all of those guys shouldve gotten benched at some point. Lets not continue this mistake. 

They didn't shatter his confidence by coddling him.  His confidence has shattered because he sucks.  They did not erode his confidence by handing off.  He eroded it by throwing picks and incompletions.;  The fact that they are trying to minimize that may be a mistake because I'd rather have a gunslinger live or die thing develop, but he already sucked long before they pulled back.

No.  When Simms sucks we will hear:  "Look!  Three QBs failed with this supporting cast!  Nobody could make these guys succesful!" Or it will all be Rex or Mornhinweg's fault.  

Archived