Rex showing that he is incapable of learning.

DonCorleone

He has used the same lines, tactics and makes the same mistakes that he has made with Sanchez. He needs to be removed from the position as he is destroying the defense by having a 3 and out or interception guy running the offense. The definition of instanity at its best. Win lose or draw, he needs to go.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrible talent, horrible coaching.  How do they ever win?  It must be that Wilkerson is the greatest d lineman of all time. Yeah, that's it.  Before this year it must have been Revis.  Can't some of these guys ever just be mediocre or so-so?

So, are you suggesting trade Wilk? I can get on board with that... TRADE WILK!!! TRADE WILK!!!

if Rex is ruining the defense, why are they the #1 run stopping unit in football? 

Round #1 Pick 13 Sheldon Richardson DT

Round #1 Pick 16 Quinton Coples DE

Round #1 Pick 30 Muhammed Wilkerson DT

Round #3 Pick 94 Kenrick Ellis DT

Round #3 Pick 77 Demario Davis LB

David Harris 9 Million a year

Teams are throwing against maybe the worst secondary in the league and Rex still leaves our corners on an island half the time

Give Rex his ******* extension cause we can stop the run!

Officials and a near perfect place kicker.

Ben Kotwica for Head Coach!

EDIT-These and the fact that most teams are so watered down, there are barely distinguishing points from all the mid tier teams.

All other teams win, they are soundly run organizations headed in the right direction.  The Jets win because the league is watered down. 

This is pretty accurate. Our point differential is 2nd-worst in the league, and predictive of a 3-8 team. We've been good in close games. That's really about it.

/numbers are gay

Did you expect a positive point differential this year?  Our only hope was that Smith wouldn't suck.  He has sucked on ice.  We aren't going to get a bowl bid for blowing out Appalachian State, so who gives a **** about those gay numbers? 

Did you expect a positive point differential this year?  Our only hope was that Smith wouldn't suck.  He has sucked on ice.  We aren't going to get a bowl bid for blowing out Appalachian State, so who gives a **** about those gay numbers? 

I'm not quite sure what your point is here. You asked how the Jets ever win. Dierking suggested it's because we've fluked into several of those wins. I'm telling you the numbers indicate that that's precisely the case.

because of that front. We have the #1 rush d but we are like 28th in the pass sooooo what is your point? teams cant run on us but guess what we just got toasted for an 80 yd pass td...

Ed Reed will fix that, and Milliner will be the best rookie DB corner by the end of the season.

Fixing things is fun, and easy!

He has used the same lines, tactics and makes the same mistakes that he has made with Sanchez. He needs to be removed from the position as he is destroying the defense by having a 3 and out or interception guy running the offense. The definition of instanity at its best. Win lose or draw, he needs to go.

I happen to agree with you.

It's ironic to me that Rex's greatest strength, which is coaching defense, is underminded by his inability to field a good offense.  

Regardless of how good the defensive schemes and personnel are, their consistent, long-term success is unsustainable with a "3 and out" offense.

Rex, in effect, is his own worst enemy. 

because no one knew the first time, and when they went back a second time to see the film it was to make sure if what they had just seen was actually that bad...and it was...

After you build a franchise where you have a consistent, loyal followers, for some period of time, they will swallow any tripe that you feed them.

Some of the fans of the jets are just so happy with "mediocre" with random glimpses of the scaled mountain (2x defending ACCG runner-up),  that they forget there is more out there.

Even tually, the tripe gets bland though.

I'm not quite sure what your point is here. You asked how the Jets ever win. Dierking suggested it's because we've fluked into several of those wins. I'm telling you the numbers indicate that that's precisely the case.

My point is that what that fat **** that I hate says is true.  No, not Francessa, Parcells.  You are what your record says you are.  The Jets fluke into wins, but if they were losing close games you guys would be saying that is a sign of poor coaching.  Rex allegedly makes all these gaffes, but the team managed to win close games.  Talent wise they are a lower tier team.  

I don't care about you, but we 100% know that Shane and Dierking would be having a fit if the Jets had lost those close games even if they had the same record.  "He is ruining our playoff chances!"  "How will we get home field?"  "You only get some many opportunities to make a playoff run, you can't afford to waste them!"

The Jets lost.  I don't need to be reminded or told (by people that advised me this was a "rebuilding year" no less) that they lost.  They are doing what everybody wanted.  Staying in the playoff hunt and finding out about Geno.  Does that warrant Rex sticking around?  Who knows, but the season isn't over yet.  They might continue to trend down or they might still make a run.  I'm glad you guys know all the answers because numbers told me they would suck this year anyway. 

Archived